Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Paraflier
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis Wanted to give an update. After work I was all ready to play. I had my AMD screen recorder warmed up and started the Puca fight.

and it worked flawlessly. Just like it’s supposed to. We fought for a bit, then it ran away.

I was able to complete the quest.

Thank you all who replied to help. It is most appreciated. Have a great day all. ᛟ

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4166 posts

Thanks for reaching out to us with an update, @Paraflier! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to successfully fight the Puca and complete "Into the Fog" 😄

I'd like to assure affected players that the development team are still investigating this issue further. We don't yet have any new updates to share with you all. As soon as we have any information to share from the investigation, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we are able to.

In the meantime, if you encounter an Avenge quest during "Into the Fog," and the Puca becomes the target of this quest, we would recommend that you reload your current save, or an earlier save from before accepting this Avenge quest. This should cause the Avenge quest to reset, and allow you to damage the Puca normally again.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello all,

I apologise for the double post. A hot fix for this issue was deployed 2 June, 2021. If you have been affected by this issue, please follow the steps below:

• Create a manual save
    • Close the game application and relaunch it
    • Load the save you created before

You should now be able to harm the Puca!

If the issue still persists after trying these steps, please rest assured that the development team are looking into deploying a permanent fix in a future update.

If you encounter any further trouble with the Puca in "Into the Fog," please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Rammdag05
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Rammdag05
    3 posts

@kormac67 i have a solution, in the Ubisoft App you should validate game files and then return to the oldest save of the same quest.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for sharing your workaround with us, @Rammdag05!

This issue should now be resolved for players following the release of TU 1.2.2. If anyone is still encountering trouble with the Puca in "Into the Fog," please don't hesitate to reach out within this thread. We'll gladly investigate the issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    Original poster 821 posts

@ubi-borealis Without Newgame Plus chances are pretty low anybody will still encounter this bug.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Kormac67!

Any information about a New Game Plus feature being added to Assassin's Creed: Valhalla will be shared within the News & Announcements forum, so I recommend keeping an eye out there for any future updates.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Terradoss
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Boneyard_42
    1 posts

Updated the software and still unable to progress. I damage puca to the point he stops attacking but never runs off and the shield around the area never clears.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hey there @boneyard_42, welcome to Discussions! Thank you for updating this thread with your report of this issue with "Into the Fog". I am sorry to hear that you are unable to defeat Puca and have the quest continue as it should, even after the deployment of the hotfix.

Would you be able to provide a video showing that the fight does not progress properly? This can be uploaded either to a sharing site such as YouTube, or else a file hosting site like Dropbox or Google Drive so that we can retrieve it / forward the link to the developers. It would also be helpful if you could let us know of any troubleshooting steps you've tried already to address this issue, such as fast-travelling away and returning to the area, reloading an older save and progressing to the fight again, or similar.

The developers are looking to introduce a permanent fix in the future, so any additional information that you can provide is much appreciated! Thanks. 🙂

Official Response
  • HooGLaNDeR
    2 posts

@ubi-woofer

I would like to point out i am suffering the issue, where Pucca dies only 1/3 and then i die continuesly while Pucca isnt losing any more of it's life.
    I'm on a PC, version 1.3.0.

So, to add to the title, the issue ISN'T resolved 😞

• galinos10
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @HooGLaNDeR!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble defeating the Puca in "Into the Fog." Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us.

To help us to take a closer look at this issue, would you please be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That you are unable to defeat the Puca during "Into the Fog" as it can no longer be damaged.

I would recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within the forums. We can then forward this to the development team and reopen the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ninja_hamsta
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis Puca currently is unkillable will not advance forward the quest, bug is still VERY active. people have clearly said this is an issue and it breaks the game and stops anyone from moving forward. problem no resolved AT ALL.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ninja_hamsta! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to defeat the Puca during "Into the Fog." Thank you for sharing your report with us.

To help us to take a closer look at this issue, would you please be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can check this in the bottom right-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That you are unable to defeat the Puca during "Into the Fog" as it can no longer be damaged.

I would recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within the forums. We can then forward this to the development team and reopen the investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Norior2021
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis I cannot read my posts and your replies here anymore. Is the thread in this forum now also bugged? 🤦🏻♂

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1267 posts

Hey there @norior2021 - I am sorry to hear that you were having issues with the Discussions forums.

Can you please clarify exactly what was preventing you from reading @Ubi-Borealis' posts, if you could tell? Was it a permissions issue, or some kind of error message? Were you definitely correctly signed into your Ubisoft Account as well?

If you continue to experience issues, please do reach out in the Forum Feedback section to report the issue and we can get it looked into by the development team. Thanks! 🙂

Official Response
  • Blaue_Eminenz
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

Can't make a video of the whole situation but I got PC-Version 1.3.1 and still have the problem of unkillable puca after doing the manual save - close game - restart - reload thing.

Are there any other workarounds for this?

• Norior2021
    8 posts

I had hopes that patch 4.2 would solve the problem with this quest but it is still buggy. Right now I am really frustrated and disappointed in Ubisoft because I cannot progress with this DLC. So far I have accomplished 100% progress for every Assassin's Creed game up to date. But with Assassin's Creed Valhalla this won't be possible due to "technical reasons". Such a buggy game and my first gamebreaking bug ever. It is a shame but it seems that this is the game and release concept of the future... 😞

Suggested Topics