Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3561 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread regarding Ciara's disappearance in "Foothold in Connacht." The development team have been investigating this issue further. I've passed on all the reports than have been shared in this thread since my last update to you all. We don't have any new updates to share with you all at this moment. As soon as we have any new information from the investigation, we will let you all know within this thread as soon as we're able to.

@ThorstenGrobi - Thank you for letting me know what additional troubleshooting you've tried. I'll pass this information along to the team.

@MHwtf - I'm glad to hear you've located Ciara, albeit in the wrong place. Thanks for sending these screenshots. I've let the development team know where you've been able to locate her.

@Krazyko321 - Thanks for sharing your report with us. Thanks for letting us know that you've tried reloading an earlier save as well. I've passed this along to the development team.

The development team are also aware of an issue wherein players are receiving a "Bonus Content" pop-up whenever the game auto-saves, which removes and re-adds the Berserker/Yule content. They intend to resolve this issue in a future update. If you're encountering further trouble with your Berserker gear resetting, I'd recommend checking out this megathread.

@ajjosan - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to progress in "Foothold in Connacht" as well. I've passed your report along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

Thanks all 😊

Official Response
  • ChuckKatse
    281 posts

Ubisoft your trouble shooting steps do not work. The problem is with your game. And it is a game breaking bug that needs to be addressed with a Hotfix. Players that started Foothold In Connacht are now stuck and cannot progress further. I myself was getting ready to start Foothold in Connacht but have now put that on hold since reading what is going on in this thread. I will wait until the problem is fixed before I proceed further in the story line..

• MHwtf
    57 posts

This is mad frustrating, to be stuck in a main quest... I don't even feel like doing side contents anymore, or say playing this game at all...

• Krazyko321
    7 posts

I agree completely...having invested almost 30 hours into WotD (not to mention hundreds of hours in the main game), only to be abruptly stopped cold just when the story was getting good was pretty heartbreaking. I’ve read so many posts in other threads about game-breaking glitches that didn’t affect my game (although I did encounter many of the minor ones); I guess my luck finally ran out and I now share their pain😢😡. I’ve been playing this franchise since the launch of the second game (currently Level 53 at UbisoftConnect), most of the games more than once, and Valhalla has been the glitchiest by far...yes, even worse than than Unity (one of my faves btw). I have tried everything mentioned by the others to resolve this glitch, except starting from scratch, with the same results. This has been a fun game, glitches notwithstanding, and I wish to keep enjoying it. ‘Nuff said.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@ChuckKatse - Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm sorry to hear that you have been affected by this issue. Please be assured that the development team are investigating what could potentially be causing this issue further. The player support team are forwarding all reports that have been shared with us to assist in this investigation.

We know that this issue is preventing progression in "Wrath of the Druids," and apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused by this. At this moment, we are unable to speculate on when the development team will release a fix for this issue, and whether this will be as a hot-fix or a Title Update. We hope to have more updates to share with you soon, and will share any new information in this thread as soon as we are able to.

@MHwtf & @Krazyko321 - Thank you for sharing your thoughts and feedback with us regarding "Foothold in Connacht." I apologise for any frustration that has been caused as a result of this issue. We are checking in with the development team regularly to see if there are any new updates from the investigation. As soon as we have any news to share, it will be posted within the forums.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • ajjosan
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis can we get some type of compensation because this is ridiculous , you guys delayed the dlc by 2 weeks to prevent this and this game is still so glitchy

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @ajjosan,

Any compensation would be the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. The player support team has no influence over this decision. If compensation is to be offered to players, this news will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

The development team has released a hot-fix that should resolve this issue for affected players upon launching the game and reloading your latest save file.

If you are still unable to locate Ciara after reloading your save, please can you follow these steps

• Create a manual save
    • Shut down the game and relaunch it (desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the save created above
    • Eivor should be able to locate Ciara and continue the quest

I would like to assure you all that the development team are working on a permanent fix for this issue, and intend to release this in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have a confirmed date, this will be shared in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Eriksen0
    1 posts

@thatpatrickkid9 I got the same issue, on Xbox series x. Given them a few short videos of the problem. Got a reply that it was escalated to the game team or something.

• ThorstenGrobi
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis No, still no ciara

• Krazyko321
    7 posts

I tried the hot-fix solution after, before and even during the fights without success (even tried three more times, throwing a soft console reboot into the mix). No updated objective, and the princess is STILL in the other castle. <sigh>

• MHwtf
    57 posts

Should I re download the game to try this hot fix? Or wait a lil while judging by the comments here.......

• DovakinAuditore
    2 posts

@mhwtf that won't fix it. I have tried.

• MHwtf
    57 posts
  • ajjosan
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis like we all didn't know to try that first before reaching out to you guys, we've been creating manual saves since the game came out because of stupid tedious glitches like this

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread following the release of the hotfix for "Foothold in Connacht." I'm sorry to hear that Ciara is still missing for you. I've notified the development team regarding this.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team have confirmed that they're working on a permanent fix for this issue, and they intend to release this in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. Once we have been provided with more information about the permanent fix, this will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Gim711
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis

There is a bug, cross platform, in the main story which stops people from progressing in the game.
    The game was delayed once and the release was delayed about hours for season pass owner like me.
    Even if i restart the complete game and get rid of the "Foothold in Connacht" plotstopper - i still could run into one of the tons of other main story bugs.
    The hotfix you provide is not working for me and as far as i can read - for no one.
    The question about compensation was answered in a "not our business" manner.

So please support, pass this text to the "compensation is our business" team and let them know this is not the right way to handle your fanbase.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Gim711,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding "Foothold in Connacht" with us. We're aware that this is affected players on all platforms, and that it prevents them from progressing further in the story. I've notified the team that this issue persists following the release of the hotfix, and I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused. Rest assured that the developers are working on a permanent fix for Ciara's disappearance, and we hope to have more information regarding a release date for this fix soon.

We have also shared your feedback regarding compensation with the dedicated teams. As mentioned in my previous post, the player support team has no influence over the choice to offer compensation to players. If the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team decide to provide compensation to players, this information will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us, and we'll gladly try to assist further 🙂

Official Response
  • Velldanas
    16 posts

Thank god i'm not the one who have the same problem in the MAIN QUESTLINE.
    It's been a week now since the DLC was released, and I can't complete this mission and the DLC itself.
    It's a joke ?! 😐 What did I pay the money for ?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Velldanas!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress in "Foothold in Connacht." The development team intends to release a permanent fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed release date for this update. As soon as we have more information, this will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • sebas_244
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis please stop say your sorry, nobody cares, I never complaint about a Ubisoft game, I love them, but this is a joke and your about to lose many customers for this, this is what you deserve I guess

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics