Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there @ajjosan,

Any compensation would be the decision of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team. The player support team has no influence over this decision. If compensation is to be offered to players, this news will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

The development team has released a hot-fix that should resolve this issue for affected players upon launching the game and reloading your latest save file.

If you are still unable to locate Ciara after reloading your save, please can you follow these steps

• Create a manual save
    • Shut down the game and relaunch it (desynchronizing, reloading a save, or returning to title screen is not enough)
    • Load the save created above
    • Eivor should be able to locate Ciara and continue the quest

I would like to assure you all that the development team are working on a permanent fix for this issue, and intend to release this in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have a confirmed date, this will be shared in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there!

As we have had no further reports of this issue persisting in-game following the release of TU 1.2.2, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble in "Foothold in Connacht," please don't hesitate to open up a new thread so we can take a closer look. When opening a new thread, please include as much information about the issue you're encountering as possible. Any images or videos that demonstrate the issue in-game are also helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Eriksen0
    1 posts

@thatpatrickkid9 I got the same issue, on Xbox series x. Given them a few short videos of the problem. Got a reply that it was escalated to the game team or something.

• ThorstenGrobi
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis No, still no ciara

• Krazyko321
    7 posts

I tried the hot-fix solution after, before and even during the fights without success (even tried three more times, throwing a soft console reboot into the mix). No updated objective, and the princess is STILL in the other castle. <sigh>

• MHwtf
    57 posts

Should I re download the game to try this hot fix? Or wait a lil while judging by the comments here.......

• DovakinAuditore
    2 posts

@mhwtf that won't fix it. I have tried.

• MHwtf
    57 posts
  • ajjosan
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis like we all didn't know to try that first before reaching out to you guys, we've been creating manual saves since the game came out because of stupid tedious glitches like this

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread following the release of the hotfix for "Foothold in Connacht." I'm sorry to hear that Ciara is still missing for you. I've notified the development team regarding this.

As mentioned in my earlier post, the development team have confirmed that they're working on a permanent fix for this issue, and they intend to release this in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update is to be released. Once we have been provided with more information about the permanent fix, this will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Gim711
    8 posts

@ubi-borealis

There is a bug, cross platform, in the main story which stops people from progressing in the game.
    The game was delayed once and the release was delayed about hours for season pass owner like me.
    Even if i restart the complete game and get rid of the "Foothold in Connacht" plotstopper - i still could run into one of the tons of other main story bugs.
    The hotfix you provide is not working for me and as far as i can read - for no one.
    The question about compensation was answered in a "not our business" manner.

So please support, pass this text to the "compensation is our business" team and let them know this is not the right way to handle your fanbase.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Gim711,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding "Foothold in Connacht" with us. We're aware that this is affected players on all platforms, and that it prevents them from progressing further in the story. I've notified the team that this issue persists following the release of the hotfix, and I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused. Rest assured that the developers are working on a permanent fix for Ciara's disappearance, and we hope to have more information regarding a release date for this fix soon.

We have also shared your feedback regarding compensation with the dedicated teams. As mentioned in my previous post, the player support team has no influence over the choice to offer compensation to players. If the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team decide to provide compensation to players, this information will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us, and we'll gladly try to assist further 🙂

Official Response
  • Velldanas
    16 posts

Thank god i'm not the one who have the same problem in the MAIN QUESTLINE.
    It's been a week now since the DLC was released, and I can't complete this mission and the DLC itself.
    It's a joke ?! 😐 What did I pay the money for ?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Velldanas!

I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress in "Foothold in Connacht." The development team intends to release a permanent fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed release date for this update. As soon as we have more information, this will be shared within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • sebas_244
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis please stop say your sorry, nobody cares, I never complaint about a Ubisoft game, I love them, but this is a joke and your about to lose many customers for this, this is what you deserve I guess

• sebas_244
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Robinhood1420
    1 posts

Yeah same problem I tried the hot fix multiple times. It did not work 😞 so sad. Hopefully ubisoft can get it fixed soon I love this game and can't wait to finish playing the dlc.

• guest-dFs6XJTA
    1 posts

To be honest I am deeply saddened that I cannot continue the wotd DLC, I've tried the hotfix and it didn't work. I can't even create a manual save in Ireland at this point. I am very disappointed that this doesn't seem to be very important to ubisoft because I haven't read anything about when it will be fixed. I've completed every single thing in Valhalla so I've been running around like quite literally a lost puppy in Ireland trying to do random things in hopes that it will fix this issue. I don't want some kind of response about its being looked into and there will be a fix with the next update, tell all of us when the next update is. I take this personally because I get very connected to AC games. Get this fixed please your girl just wants to make out with Ciara in the watch tower after a rough battle.

• MHwtf
    57 posts

@guest-dfs6xjta I feel you 😢 I just saw someone saying how they waited long to keep hearing Ciara singing on the tower cause it was a nice moment and I was like DANNNNNNGIT.

• ThorstenGrobi
    8 posts

@Ubi-Borealis thanx for your help, I know you do your best with us here 😉
    But can you tell us, how long the developer team will need, to fix this problem. It is now almost 2 weeks, that we can't play anymore. And the answer from the developer team "we did something, but it isn't working, the players have to wait" isn't satisfying. I payed 100 bucks in may 2020 because I was joyful after 450 hours with Odyssee. I was not happy that some fish doesn't show in my game so I can't finish the tasks but I told myself "ok, you wait and do it later" but when the story is not going forward, for 2 weeks, this is bad. I tried the hot fix about 15 times and it is still not working. Maybe the developers should not waste there Ressources for new outfits before the game is running well ✌

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

As mentioned in my earlier post, we have notified the development team that the issue still persists for players following the release of the hot fix. I apologise for any disappointment that has been caused following its release. I would like to assure you all that the development team intend to release a permanent fix for "Foothold in Connacht" in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed release date for this fix. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all, it will be posted within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

@ThorstenGrobi - I appreciate that you would like a clearer timeline on when a fix for this quest is to be release. I'm afraid that this information is not available to us, and I would be unable to speculate on how much time is required for an investigation. If you'd like to learn more about the internal investigation processes, as well as the steps taken during an investigation, I recommend that you check out our Dev Blog.

Thank you 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics