Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Abeonis
    Original poster 55 posts

In Wrath of the Druids ("WotD"), irrespective of what level your character is, any armour you unlock is at the "fine" level. Now, normally I would be... erm, fine, with this but the problem I'm having comes from upgrading the armour. Becasue all ingots count as Wealth, there is a finite number of them in the game world that can be freely obtained. If I wanted to upgrade all five armour pieces (per set) and a single weapon, it requires no less than eight nickel ingots (and a further eight tungsten ingots to upgrade to mythic) and, considering I'd gone ahead an upgraded a number of different base-game armour sets to at least "flawless" for the transmog, I entered WotD with a grand total of zero carbon or nickel ingots.

I could, of course, purchase these ingots from the in-game stores, but at 250 silver a pop, this nickel cost a heafty dime! (Side note: Not everybody is using the rune glitch to get free silver, Ubisoft.)

Since it is neccessary to use nickel ingots to upgrade the Ireland armour sets, I am very confused as to why the decision was made not to have nickel ingots discoverable in the expansion's game world proper at all. Other posts on the forum have suggested the possibility of having roaming guards in Ireland carry these lower ingots, and short of lowering the silver price in stores to something more manageable, I think this is the best idea.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

I'd gone ahead an upgraded a number of different base-game armour sets to at least "flawless"

I entered WotD with a grand total of zero carbon or nickel ingots.

Why the decision was made not to have nickel ingots discoverable in the expansion's game world proper at all.

---

That was your first mistake. You aren't supposed to be upgrading everything that you possibly can, only what is necessary. That's why they added the deconstruction option for refunds. It's not affordable in this game to upgrade a bunch of different sets so you have to prioritize and be smart about it.

On a side note, I did a repeat of a raid yesterday and noticed that they gave me more nickel. Not that I need it.

I just finished the game and not once did I ever have a resource problem. This was my final count:

Silver: 37,275
    Opal: 385
    Supplies: 8,400
    Raw Materials: 0
    Leather: 61,205
    Iron Ore: 53,273
    Fabric: 0
    Titanium 464
    Carbon Ingot: 50
    Nickel Ingot: 72
    Tungsten Ingot: 74

This to me is a lot of extra because I only upgrade what I'm using. Everything else gets deconstructed. This also tells me that you need to be frugal and focused in this game, because for someone that completes 100% of the maps, this isn't very much compared to other games that I've played. Most video games are designed so that if you are an obsessive looter you will likely be worth millions by the end of the game.

You need to adjust the way that you are playing this game because Valhalla is different than other games. It won't change to accommodate you.

• Abeonis
    Original poster 55 posts
    You need to adjust the way that you are playing this game because Valhalla is different than other games. It won't change to accommodate you.

If the expansion requires us to make use of nickel ingots but doesn't offer us the ability to obtain nickel ingots within the confines of the expansion, that is a problem with game design, not "the way that I am playing."

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    68 posts

@katzenkrimis71 i see there was a trainer, it can give u unlimited for anything to the game, XDXD. and yes, u will not see any thing is scarce, excerpt currency

• Kormac67
    812 posts

You can farm unlimited ingots from patrols. Spot patrols with yellow dots with Sunin and kill them.
    If you have taught Sunin to pick up loot it's enough to shoot the ingot bearer (unarmed guy in the middle) with the predator bow from afar.
    You can get nickel only from the mid range areas in England.

Suggested Topics