Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ShizumaAoi
    Original poster 4 posts

Can't progress the Courting The King's Quest because the key to open the prison cells is stuck in the ground, beyond reach, and thus I cannot open the doors to let the prisoner's out.undefined

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @ShizumaAoi,

Sorry to hear that you are unable to proceed.

Can you please provide us with a short video of this occurring showing the layout of the terrain, to make sure that you're exploring all hidden entrances?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • TheNyanDog
    2 posts

One of the prisoners is always dead when I do the mission and therefore I am not allowed to free him nor progress.

• QueenRiver
    2 posts

Main quest "Courting the Kings" Find and free the prisoners. Key to unlock prisoners is stuck in the wall. Because I spent so much time looking around I lost 3 hours of play time. Had to load game save 3hours old. 😞

undefined

• ShizumaAoi
    Original poster 4 posts

Greetings @Ubi-Mark

I am unsure of how I would provide a video, I do have one recorded though when I try to attach it, it says I do not have the privilege's to do so.

• deeside-95
    1 posts

@thenyandog got the same problem on PS5, went with the saved prisoners out of the ringhold and let enemies kill Eivor, then after loading the dead prisoner was alive and I could finish the quest

• ReSynced
    4 posts

Platform: Xbox Series X
    Quest: Courting the Kings (WOTD)
    What:

Was breaching the Aileach fort as per the quest, found the prisoners and realised a key was required. Did a pulse of Odin Sight and realised the key was in the ground / stuck in the ring forts wall.

To attempt to remedy I have tried soft and hard resets, fast travelling to alternate countries and killing all enemies in the village and fort in case it was a UI bug. Still no luck.

Is this issue currently being investigated? Are there any mitigation steps or workarounds? Very irritating as I can no longer progress the WOTD storyline.

• Guitarrist4
    4 posts

Hello, I can't complete the quest Courting the Kings. I think it may be related to raid because I tried to do both missions at the same time. The raid was successful, but I don't have the King's Pass and no objective appears on the map when selecting the mission.

I hope you will check the issue, thank you.

Best regards.

• SalcedoMMA
    1 posts

@guitarrist4 my issue with courting the kings is the key I need to get off a guard to free prisoners is stuck in the wall. None of the guards have the key and I cannot progress. I seen I'm not the only one with this issue on YouTube. I would uninstall and reinstall but my game size is over 100GB

• Guitarrist4
    4 posts

@salcedomma I have already reinstalled the game and it still doesn't work 😞

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together a few similar threads about issues encountered in "Courting the Kings." I apologise if this has disrupted any ongoing discussion or caused confusion.

I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble when trying to progress in "Courting the Kings." It looks like three different issues have been encountered in this thread:

• Unable to collect key to the prison cells as its out-of-bounds
    • Prisoners in the cell are dead, and therefore the mission cannot be completed
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass

When making your report, please specify which issue you have encountered. If you've encountered a different issue to the ones listed above, please do let us know.

@TheNyanDog - I'm sorry to hear that one of your prisoners has died. The development team are aware of this issue and intend to resolve this in a future update. Please keep an eye out in the News & Announcements forum for more information. You could also try the workaround that @deeside-95 has shared with us to see if that helps you to progress further in the meantime.

@ShizumaAoi - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble sharing a video. Would you be able to upload the footage to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) and send us an unlisted link? We'd then be able to take a closer look at this video.

@QueenRiver - Thanks for including a screenshot! I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble locating the key. Would you also be able to send us a video that shows the area from Synin's point of view?

@Guitarrist4 - I'm sorry to hear that the objective has disappeared from your quest log following the raid. Would you be able to send us a video that shows the following:

• Your current quest log
    • Your map, showing that there is no quest icon on the map or objective
    • Your inventory, showing that you haven't collected the King's Pass

@SalcedoMMA - I'm sorry to hear that your key has gotten stuck. Would you be able to send us a video that shows you're unable to successfully collect the key in-game?

We can then pass these reports to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Guitarrist4
    4 posts

Hi @ubi-borealis, thanks for you answer. This is the video with the requested information.

BR.

• DarthSloth89
    6 posts

I've look on the forum but can't see this mentioned anywhere.

I can't progress past the find and free the prisoners stage. I have freed them all but they have died or disappeared and there are no markers or any indication of what to do next. I have tried to reload the game and leave the area and come back but nothing has worked. I have no earlier saves to go back to now.

• ReSynced
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ReSynced
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hello,

I have a very similar (if not the same) bug as @QueenRiver so here is a video of what I'm seeing on my end. Platform is Xbox Series X.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="

title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2812 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your experiences with "Courting the Kings" with us. I've passed along all of the reports that have been shared so the developers can take a closer look at these. I'd like to provide you all with a status update with the ongoing investigations:

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.
    • Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: The development team are interested in collecting videos from affected players. Please can you send us a video that shows you're unable to collect the key due to it being in an out-of-bounds area. Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud, so this can be used for further investigation.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: If you're unable to collect the King's Pass, please provide as much information on what happened prior to being unable to collect the pass. Please can you also include a video that shows the following, so we can share this with the developers:
        • Your current Quest log and objectives
        • Your current in-game inventory
        • That you are unable to collect a King's Pass from Donegal

@Guitarrist4 - Thank you for taking the time to capture a video for us! I've passed this report along to the development team so they can take a closer look at this.

@DarthSloth89 - I've merged your post into this megathread so you can keep up to date with the ongoing investigation. I'm sorry to hear that the prisoners are dead / have disappeared for you. The development team intend to resolve this issue in a future update. Once we have a confirmed date for this update's release, we will let you know within the forums.

@ReSynced - I'm sorry to hear you've been unable to collect the prison door keys. Thanks for sending us a video! I've passed this along to the development team so they can take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • C4PTJ4CKSP4RROW
    2 posts

I've cleared the ring fort but the key is stuck in the castle walls undefinedundefined

• krimue
    1 posts

I have the same issue, the key to the prison is out of bounds either in or below the ring wall on the northern side where the sheep are behind the wall.

• ShizumaAoi
    Original poster 4 posts

@Ubi-Borealis This is the requested video.

• SyntheticVampir
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis in a future update are you freaking kidding me so in other words you people will fix this glitch whenever you feel like it stop freaking adding crap that you know is gonna glitch out on us players and yes you people know the crap is gonna glitch out on us yet you just keep adding new and useless crap to the game get this glitch fixed now!! us gamers di not waste 60 bucks on a game we can't even play do to all the bugs glitches and game crashes so i'll say it again GET THE CRAP FIXED NOW!!!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics