Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 377 posts

@iBradderz2011 This issue with the King's Pass marker not appearing in the game was supposed to have been resolved with the patch that was released back at the end if July. Would it be possible to grab a screenshot or a video clip of this particular issue? That way I can send this to the teams to get a look at.

@DarthSloth89 I understand that this is a persistent and a frustrating issue. The real answer to this, however, is that the investigation into the key being out of bounds has been reopened. The team is asking for everyone to ensure that their latest saves are uploaded to the cloud, and for further videos to be given. I do apologize for the frustration, and we'll update this thread as well as the News & Announcements page as soon as we have further updates on this for everyone.

Official Response
  • Paul09sm2021
    1 posts

Still no fix on the issue with prisoners being dead and unable to free them

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1541 posts

Hello @paul09sm2021,

Sorry to hear about your experience.

This issue has been reported to the development team and it's currently being investigated. Once we have an update, we will let everyone know through the patch notes. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • BagongTipan
    1 posts

I have the same problem, The key seems to be inside the walls of the prison castle and I'm unable to retrieve IT

• guest-ttOq8XqV
    1 posts

Hello, in the mission Courting the kings of the DLC the wrath of the druids I can not take the key to free the prisoners, unfortunately I was trapped by a BUG in a wall, I attach the video as a backup. Therefore, not being able to take the key, I cannot advance in the mission and I cannot continue playing and finish the DLC. Also, I don't have any saves before that mission to replay. Please I NEED your help. I remain attentive and thank you very much.

'>

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 699 posts

Hello @guest-ttoq8xqv, thank you for uploading that YouTube video, I can see exactly what the issue is.

This has been reported to us by other players, the issue is currently under investigation and we believe we may be able to resolve this in a future update to the game, I am unable to confirm the date of this update, however.

Thank you for bringing this bugged key to our attention and thank you for your patience whilst we try to resolve this for all players affected.

Official Response
  • goutoseito
    1 posts

Guys,

I am still unable to progress in this quest because of "Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds".

In Patch Note 1.3.0, you noted the issue has been resolved. But this is not the case for me. The key is still "out of bounds". Is there any hot fix for this?

And please, do NOT ask me for any videos, it is just as described by so many others in this thread. The issue is literally "key being generated out of bounds and not being carried by a NPC". Just tell me how to fix this, or rather when you will fix it.

Thanks,

Jonah

• royalfreess
    1 posts

Hello!
    After a day long trying I can do the mission "Courting the Kings" freed the prisoners part.
    I loaded an older save, before I got the "courting the kings" mission and I started it from the beginning. When I had to meet with the kings in Aileach , before it i went to the fort and kill all guards inside (the key holder guard wasn't spawned in this time). I went to meet with the kings. Then I came out the house, got the task "freed the prisoners". At this time the key holder guard was in his place, I could kill him and loot the key. (Of course the other guards inside the fort were even dead, because not long before I killed them.)

Maybe it was just luck. I wrote it, see if anyone helps.

Good luck,

Roland

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to share your reports about the issues you've encountered during "Courting the Kings." I'd like to provide you all with an updated investigation status for the issues the development team is currently taking a closer look at:

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing
      • Comments: The investigation has been reopened following reports that that this issue persisted following the release of TU 1.2.2. Once we have any new information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within the forums as soon as we are able to.
    • Unable to complete quest due to an enemy spawning into a rock
      • Comments: The development team is currently investigating this issue further. If you encounter an enemy stuck out-of-bounds, please can you provide us with a video which shows where the enemy has become stuck.
    • Quest objective doesn't update after freeing the prisoners
      • Comments: The development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update. Once we have more information to share regarding an ETA, we will let you know within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.
    • Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: This issue was reopened following reports that the key still couldn't be collected following the release of TU 1.3.0. The development team has been able to investigate further and will be deploying a fix in a future update. Once we have more information to share regarding an ETA, we will let you know within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: This issue should have been resolved with the release of TU 1.3.0. If you are still unable to collect the King's Pass, please can you send us a video which shows this in-game. We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

If you are encountering an issue which has not been listed above, please don't hesitate to provide us with more information so we can investigate further.

@goutoseito - I'm sorry to hear that you're still unable to collect the key following TU 1.3.0. The development team have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update, so please keep an eye out within the forums for any future updates!

@royalfreess - Thanks for sharing how you were able to progress further in "Courting the Kings!"

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Jenya_Lun
    2 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    Thank you for response. I didn't record the video of this issue, because I made the step back and started playing from the early beginning again. 

I followed the tasks one by one and everything was good without any troubles. Furthermore, I've completed all the tasks except 1 in Ulster (please see the screenshot). I've been fighting with enemies several times and won, but the system did not complete this task. 

As for my issue in Aileach I was thinking that the root cause of the trouble might be connected with the order of completed tasks. When I played first time I had visited Aileach before the task to visit it. Made some progress here and left. Then I received the task to find Barid, came to Aileach again, and the problem with the progress and completing this task appeared. When I played the second time, I followed the right order of tasks and there was not any issues there. 

For now I'm just waiting for fixing the issue in Ulster

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 432 posts

@jenya_lun Hi there!

We've released some patch notes for an upcoming which can be found here.

Whilst the notes may not directly reflect the issues you're having in Ulster, there has been an update for 'Courting the Kings'. We'll still be forwarding your report of this issue for investigation, but if you are able to install the update after its release and confirm if it's had any effect on this it'd be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Diaz_3087
    2 posts

Hello there!
    I've installed the new update today and I cannot collect the key to free the prisoners. The key is stuck in the wall.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Following the release of TU 1.3.1, the development team have deployed a fix for the following issue:

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update regarding the ongoing investigations into "Courting the Kings." You can find out more information below:

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing
      • Comments: The investigation has been reopened following reports that that this issue persisted following the release of TU 1.2.2. Once we have any new information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within the forums as soon as we are able to.
    • Unable to complete quest due to an enemy spawning into a rock
      • Comments: The development team is currently investigating this issue further. If you encounter an enemy stuck out-of-bounds, please can you provide us with a video which shows where the enemy has become stuck.
    • Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: This issue was reopened following reports that the key still couldn't be collected following the release of TU 1.3.0. The development team has been able to investigate further and will be deploying a fix in a future update. Once we have more information to share regarding an ETA, we will let you know within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.
      • Comments: This issue should have been resolved with the release of TU 1.3.1. If you are still unable to collect the King's Pass, please can you send us a video which shows this in-game. We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: This issue should have been resolved with the release of TU 1.3.0. If you are still unable to collect the King's Pass, please can you send us a video which shows this in-game. We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

If you are encountering an issue which has not been listed above, please don't hesitate to provide us with more information so we can investigate further.

@Diaz_3087 - Thanks for sharing your report with us! The development team intend to deploy a fix for being unable to collect the prison key in a future update. As soon as we have more information to share regarding this fix, we will let you know within the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • DarthSloth89
    12 posts

Very pleased to say after months of waiting I have been able to progress and complete this mission!

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @DarthSloth89! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to progress further with your Irish adventure 😄

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you encounter any further trouble.

Official Response
  • ThrowawayJack
    2 posts

Hi there,

There is a game-breaking bug in Wrath of the Druids. In the mission "Courting the Kings," I am experiencing a bug that is not letting me progress further into the game.

In this current mission, my goal is to "Secure the Prison." I have done this, but the game is indicating that there is a final enemy to defeat, who appears to have spawned inside a rock outside the prison structure. I've attached a photo of what I'm seeing on my screen.

I've been in touch with Ubisoft Customer Support over the past several months but the have not provided any help. Is a fix in the works?

• ThrowawayJack
    2 posts

Hello,

I am currently playing the AC Valhalla DLC - Wrath of the Druids on my PS4. On the mission titled "Courting the Kings," I am experiencing a bug that is not letting me progress further into the game.

In this current mission, my goal is to "Secure the Prison." I have done this, but the game is indicating that there is a final enemy to defeat, who appears to have spawned inside a rock outside the prison structure. I've attached a photo of what I'm seeing on my screen.

I've gone back to multiple saves, but every time I clear the prison, I have this one enemy who is spawning into the rock. I cannot get beyond this point, cannot complete this goal, and therefore cannot move forward to complete the DLC.

• cpt_killjoy
    1 posts

So it is obvious vectoring the key inbounds is beyond the fix team if they can't do it in 5 months, just have them put it in the command tent so we can play the game.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1152 posts

@ThrowawayJack - Hey there - welcome to Discussions! Thank you for reporting the issue you are experiencing with "Courting the Kings" to us, and I am sorry to hear that an enemy appears to have spawned inside a rock outside of the prison. I'm unable to view the image you mentioned in your post - could you please try again to paste this in, or else provide a link to it shared on an external site such as Imgur? Can you also let me know whether you have completed any troubleshooting, or attempted any workarounds, such as changing your graphics settings, swapping gender in the Animus, or fast travelling away and back again? Thank you! 🙂

@cpt_killjoy - I have checked in on the investigation regarding the key being out of bounds and a fix is now pending for a future update. We cannot yet confirm when this fix will be released as it is not yet known exactly which title update it will be deployed in, but as soon as this is confirmed, we will let you all know here in the thread as well as via the patch notes when they release. Thank you! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 459 posts

@throwawayjack

Hey there

We've received reports of players who are unable to secure the prison in the quest Courting the Kings as an enemy spawned in a rock. 

The development team has been made aware of this issue and they are currently investigating it. Once additional information becomes available, it will be posted to the forums.

In the meantime, our teams would like to use details from your progress on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to make further research. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow us to use your save files for investigations.

We would also need a video of the issue if possible. Please upload it to a video host and provide us with a link if this is something you're able to provide.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics