Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Thanks for updating us, @Sith9157. I'm glad to hear you can log into your saves successfully! If you're able to share a video with us that shows that the keys are unable to be collected at all from the fort, and that the key is not in your in-game inventory, this would be very helpful to the ongoing investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • samarth12
    2 posts

I am stuck on the mission where we have to go to Donegal to kill an enemy to get the kings pass on the courting the kings mission.

I have tried all methods: stealth, raid etc. But no one is dropping the kings pass. I kill every enemy in the fort but its not working.
    I dont know what to do i think the mission is glitched. PLS HELP i cant progress the game.
    This is on PS4 btw.

• Rubirog
    1 posts

Re: [Unable to progress in "Courting the Kings" | POST HERE](/topic/98439/unable-to-progress-in-courting-the-kings-post-here)
    Having similar problem on PS4 , get the pass and key ok , released all the prisoners then they seem to disappear ,killed all the guards then all the others surrounding the Fort ,but still getting "Free all the prisoners" , I have done but cannot progress any further ??

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 673 posts

Hi Rubirog! I apologize for any trouble that this issue has been causing for you! Thank you for providing a step by step of what you have done in-game. Just to make sure, when you released the prisoners did you unlock each door and untie each prisoner? Also, have you tried reverting to a previous save and trying again?

I also suggest completing our guide here, which can remedy a decent amount of gameplay issues.

Official Response
  • rosssmall123
    1 posts

@darthsloth89
    I have the same problem. Is there no way to restart the quest without starting the game over?

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1831 posts

@samarth12 I can confirm that there are three separate issues that have been reported for this quest, therefore we have created a megathread. I have merged your post with this thread.

The King's pass should be obtained after killing the Man at Arms at Donegal. Can you confirm if you started a raid during the quest? If so it's possible that one of your Jomsviking's killed the Man at Arms. If you did do a raid during the quest can you recall if you killed the Man at Arms?

Could you please provide a video. We would need to see the following in the video:

• Your current Quest log and objectives
    • Your current in-game inventory
    • That you are unable to collect a King's Pass from Donegal

Do you also have a previous save that you can load before you started the quest? If so please try loading the save and try completing the quest again.

Official Response
  • darkduck33
    1 posts

The glitch of the key stuck in the wall of the Ring Fort is still happening. There are other videos in here already posted that are detailing the issue so I don't feel posting another will accomplish anything. I'd like to know if I'll be able to continue with the game or not, doing all the side stuff really doesn't matter if main story can't progress.

• samarth12
    2 posts

@ubi-keo I tried multiple ways to complete the quest. I tried to do it with stealth and with raids. I made sure i killed the man at arms myself everytime; But nothing drops. The "?" quest marker is there before i go into the fort highlighting the area where the man at arms is.

I did raid the fort for supplies before i ever even got the "courting the kings" quest. Im assuming that might have caused the bug.
    Unfortunately i don't have a save befor that i can go back to.

• DarthSloth89
    12 posts

@rosssmall123 No, at least not that I know of. My worry is that even when this gets fixed it will require the mission to be started again which will be impossible for me without starting the whole game again

• synthact
    6 posts

@guitarrist4 I am having the same issue !! Please help !!

• guest-HF0lTy0H
    1 posts

@syntheticvampir same thing on my xbox1. really frustrating.

• Danikcus
    9 posts

Courting the Kings Chapter 2

Find and free the prisoners

Bug: Key to prisoners spawned inside of castle wall and is impossible to reach. Cannot complete quest. Cannot progress in Ireland either now.

I will try and come back once this is fixed.

Thanks,

Danikcus

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello all,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "Courting the Kings." I'm sorry to hear that you have encountered trouble when proceeding through this quest. A number of similar threads have been merged into this ongoing megathread so we can keep all information and updates regarding the investigations into "Courting the Kings" in one place. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused by this.

I'd like to provide you all with a status update regarding the ongoing investigations into "Courting the Kings."

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.
    • Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: The development team are interested in collecting videos from affected players. Please can you send us a video that shows you're unable to collect the key due to it being in an out-of-bounds area. Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud, so this can be used for further investigation.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: If you're unable to collect the King's Pass, please provide as much information on what happened prior to being unable to collect the pass (for instance, if you completed the raid first). Please can you also include a video that shows the following, so we can share this with the developers:

@rosssmall123 - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress in "Courting the Kings" as the prisoners are dead / have disappeared. This issue is due to be resolved in a future update. Once we have more information to share, this will be posted within this forums.

@darkduck33 - Thank you for letting us know that you're having trouble collecting the key. We appreciate that other players have submitted videos demonstrating the issue. The development team are interested in collecting additional videos from affected players as part of the ongoing investigation, as this provides more insight into the key's behaviour. If you're able to share a video that shows where the key has become stuck for you, this will be helpful as the development team look into this issue further.

@samarth12 - Thanks for providing more information about the trouble you've encountered when trying to collect the King's Pass. Would you be able to provide us with a video that includes the information we have requested above? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

@DarthSloth89 - If additional steps are required by players to proceed once this fix for this issue has been deployed, the development team will include this information within any patch notes.

@synthact - I'm sorry to hear you're unable to collect a King's Pass. Would you be able to provide us with a video that includes the information we have requested above? We can then forward this to the development team for a closer look.

@Danikcus - Would you be able to share a video with us that shows where you key has spawned, and that you are unable to reach this in-game? We can then pass this to the development team alongside the rest of your report.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response
  • Danikcus
    9 posts

@ubi-borealis

Thanks for your response!

Here is a video regarding the key 🔑

• c_demon
    1 posts

I’m having the exact problem. With obtaining well trying to get the key but like others I’ve seen trying the same. The key is stuck and out of reach. There is no way of getting it. I’ve tried every which way, started over etc. Gameplay hasn’t been great in druids ima because of game probs. So when will this be fixed?

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

Thank you for sharing this video clip, @danikcus.

@c_demon The team working on a fix at this time for a later patch. While I don't have further updates to share at this very moment, please keep a lookout on our public channels as well as our news and announcements page! We thank you for bearing with us in the meantime.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1831 posts

@samarth12 Thanks for the update.

Could you also provide a video. We would need to see the following in the video:

Official Response
  • amsga
    1 posts

Not sure if anyone else encountered this bug, but I am stuck Aileach just before meeting the kings.
    As I approach the door, it tells me I need to remain anonymous but I have not been in combat for some time.
    I tried killing all the guards in the area but the same prompt appears as I approach the door.
    Anyone got any ideas?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @amsga! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble progressing in "Courting the Kings" due to an anonymous prompt. Have you tried restarting the game to see if this message disappears? I would recommend making a manual save before restarting the game, to prevent the loss of any progress.

If the message remains after a restart, please could you send us a video that shows the "You Must Remain Anonymous" message in-game? Can you also let us know what you were doing prior to that message appearing? We can then forward this report along to the development team for a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cloudypiglet
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I encountered the same problem for the King's Pass. I've checked my in-game inventory and no king's pass was found. It might due to the NPC dropping the king's pass was killed previously as I did the raid before I got this quest. I tried several times to clear the raid again and let Donegal respawn mobs again and again but the quest marker was found nor the king's pass was dropped. Hope you could fix this bug ASAP and my progress was stucked.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics