Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3847 posts

Hello there @cloudypiglet! Welcome to the forums 🙂

Thank you for taking the time to share your report regarding your missing King's Pass. It looks like this issue may be caused if the Raid is completed prior to the quest starting. I've passed your report along to the development team for use in the ongoing investigation.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • Einar81
    1 posts

Does anyone know if a work through for AC Valhalla Wrath of the Druids King Pass. I'm stuck on this quest. I can't track it or locate the pass in Donegal where it should be and can't move forward in the game. Anybody else experience this?

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts

When is there going to be a patch? The guards killed off the prisoners and now can not progress

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for "Courting the Kings" in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET. The team are deploying a fix for the following issue:

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing

If you are still encountering issues with the prisoners "Courting the Kings" following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • That the issue continues to persists in-game following this update.

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

I'd also like to provide a status update regarding the other ongoing investigations taking place with "Courting the Kings:"

• Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for future updates.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • DarthSloth89
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis I have downloaded the update but the prisoners are still dead in the calls.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @DarthSloth89!

Thank you for reaching out to us with an update. I'm sorry to hear that the prisoners remain dead in "Courting the Kings" following the release of TU 1.2.2. Would you be able to provide us with a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.

We can then pass this video along to the development team alongside the rest of your report for further investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • DarthSloth89
    12 posts

@Ubi-Borealis here is the video

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you so much for the video, @DarthSloth89! I've passed this report along to the development team and re-opened the investigation into this issue.

If other players are still affected by the prisoners spawning into the quest dead, please don't hesitate to share your report with us in this thread.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • shmex97
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis same here...downloaded the update, prisoners are dead and the quest is not resetting itself. I tried letting myself die, reloading the game, everything. It is just stuck, which is very disappointing because i was looking forward to finishing the game

• TheNyanDog
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I updated my game but I too still have the same issue with the dead prisoner in his cell. I also noticed that in the patch notes this issue was not listed as something that was addressed.

• Ehllfhire1
    86 posts

The prisoners do not respawn after this patch. Game is officially broke for me. You did not fix anything. I guess i am done with this always broken game.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @shmex97, @TheNyanDog & @Ehllfhire1!

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us regarding the prisoners in "Courting the Kings" following the release of TU 1.2.2. I'm sorry to hear that this issue still persists for you. The investigation into this issue has been reopened and the development team are investigating further. I have passed on your reports for use in the ongoing investigation. I apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused.

Once we have more information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within this thread. If possible, please could you also send us a video that shows the following:

These will also be helpful for the investigation.

@shmex97 - Would you be able to let me know which platform you use to play Assassin's Creed: Valhalla on? Can you also let me know the username you use on this platform? We can then include this information in your report to the development team.

Thanks 😊

Official Response
  • Ash_Fox_85
    3 posts

Yep! Same thing here. I released everyone and killed every solder. But nothing. Not progress and what's weird is that all of the soldiers I released are suddenly dead in their jail cells. They didn't even follow me out. It was like Poof! They dissapeared. @ubisoft it's a little hard to take a picture of the entire experience but you have my ID # so you should be able to check my game. Please fix this! Kinda frustrating. It's clear that there are several of the same occuring glitches with everyone here so this should have been fixed by now.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 877 posts

@ash_fox_85 I'm extremely sorry for the frustration this issue has been. If you are able to capture any video clips of this behavior during this objective, could you please ensure that your latest save file is uploaded to the Cloud ( You should see a cloud icon on your save slot )? This will allow the team to use your save files for their research.

Official Response
  • Rooktal
    1 posts

The Key is somewhere in the ground under der Ringfort. I can't progress

• guest-hOhodL3p
    1 posts

Cannot collect kings pass. Cleared the entire camp and no soldier holding kings pass. I am tracking the quest...but no marker is being shown and odin's eye does not show a location to the pass. Was hoping with update this may fix problem but I cannot move forward with game...very frustrating

• shmex97
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I play on the ps5, psn name is ShmexySquirrel97. Ubisoft username played under is ShmexySquirrel97. I have everything completely updated and it still will not let me progress.

• shmex97
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis actually my ubisoft user is ShmexySquirrel only.

• geekreate
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis I'm also unable to progress due to the key being stuck behind the wall of the ringfort. Here is a video of me showing where the key is stuck as well as exploring possible avenues I tried to get to the key before realizing it was behind an obstacle.
    This is after hard resetting the game, fast traveling to Dublin, and meditating twice in an effort to try to "reset" the keys location by respawning the guards.

additionally, I am playing via Amazon Luna with Ubisoft+ subscription. I'm not sure if hardware matters since it's cloud-based, but I am using a 2018 iPad.

I'm unable to do anything else in the game since this is a main quest and I completed base game a while back.

As for cloud saves, my most recent save in the cloud should be up to date and show this glitch.

thank you

• geekreate
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis Ah, I now see your post stating the development team has identified the issue. My apologies.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics