Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences with "Courting the Kings" following TU 1.2.2. I would like to provide you all with a status update regarding the ongoing investigations into this quest:

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing
      • Comments: The investigation has been reopened following reports that that this issue persisted following the release of TU 1.2.2. Once we have any new information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within the forums as soon as we are able to.
    • Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for more information.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for more information.

@Rooktal - The development team are aware of an issue wherein the prison key cannot be collected, and intend to deploy a fix for this in a future update! We don't yet have an ETA for when this fix is to be deployed. As soon as we have any updates to share, these will be posted within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

@guest-hOhodL3p - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to collect the Kings Pass. The development team have been investigating this issue further, and intend to release a fix in a future update. We don't yet have a confirmed release date for this update. Once we have more information to share, we will post it within the forums as soon as we are able to.

@shmex97 - Thanks for letting me know your username information! Can you clarify what issue you're encountering in "Courting the Kings" for me? If it is not one of the three issues listed above, please provide us with as much information as possible. This will help the development team to investigation further.

@geekreate - Thanks for taking the time to record a video for us, and to share a detailed report about what you've tried to "reset" the key! I'm sorry to hear you've encountered this trouble during "Courting the Kings." As you've spotted, the development team are aware of this issue and intend to release a fix in a future update. Once we have more information about when this update is to be deployed, we will let you all know within this thread or within the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    106 posts

@ubi-borealis

Same situation, although I was in Aileach exploring and came across those locked doors (I used the photo mode to look inside the 'cells' and saw 2 prisoners (alive)

No key in sight, Synin didn't see it either - figured I would need to come back during a quest (which I have yet to trigger)

Something similar happened while I was looking for collectibles in the main campaign - a collectible was stuck beyond a door which could only be opened during a particular quest

Will wait for a fix 😊

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @bitebug2003!

Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us! You mention that you are yet to trigger "Courting the Kings." Is this correct?

Would you be able to see if the key spawns in for you once you trigger the quest? If I recall, I was unable to collect the key until I started this quest during my own playthrough (I like to clear out an area before tackling the story). Once I was prompted to rescue the prisoners, the key spawned in with a guard.

If you're still unable to collect the key after starting "Courting the Kings, " please don't hesitate to update us.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    106 posts

@ubi-borealis I went back to the area with the quest now active and a guard was patrolling the Ring Fort holding the Prison Key

spoiler

Which I looted from him

spoiler

And subsequently freed the prisoners - (5 in total)

spoiler

and completed the quest

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update @bitebug2003! I'm glad to hear that you've been able to successfully collect the key and complete "Courting the Kings" 😄

Just to let you know, I've popped your images under a spoiler warning just so this thread isn't flooded with images. If you'd like to share multiple images in a post, I recommend using a spoiler warning just so your post isn't too long.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    106 posts

@ubi-borealis No problem will do that next time I post mulitple images 😊

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @bitebug2003,

No worries at all! Thank you for your understanding! 🙂

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    106 posts

Patch 3.21 was released today but I can't find the patch notes - did it address the issue in this thread?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @bitebug2003!

TU 1.2.2.1 was a hot fix released to address some lingering crashing issues and to restore the missing Feast UI elements following Title Update 1.2.2.

There were no additional fixes for "Courting the Kings" in this update. The development team are still investigating the issues that have been reported in this thread further. Here is an updated status of each ongoing investigation being discussed within this thread:

• Comments: The investigation has been reopened following reports that that this issue persisted following the release of TU 1.2.2. Once we have any new information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within the forums as soon as we are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bitebug2003
    106 posts

@ubi-borealis thanks for providing the patch notes.

Very helpful 😊

• seraphblade528
    1 posts

I had to load a SIX HOUR old save because the stupid quest is still broke I had a dead prisoner then they all disappeared on me whatever fix you guys put out for this dlc did not do anything. And YES I have EVERYTHING UP TO DATE I’m playing on the ls5. I lost everything I did and now have to go back and re do everything. PLEASE FIX THE DLC OR ATLEAST MAKE WHERE YOU CAN CANCEL THE QUEST AND START IT OVER AGAIN.

• Raider0008
    1 posts

I can't get the Excalibur because the piece in the old cellar won't raise up.

I can't finish the "courting the king" because the king's pass is gone, which means I can't kill the seed or the oak because I can't progress in the story.

Every update I go back and try each one and none of them fix the issues.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@seraphblade528 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble with dead prisoners in "Courting the Kings" following the release of TU 1.2.2. The investigation into this issue has been reopened, and the development team are looking into this further. We don't yet have any updates to share from the development team regarding "Courting the Kings" at this time. Rest assured that as soon as we have any updates to share with you from the investigations, we will let you know within this thread.

Please note that the development team have announced that they do not plan to implement a "restart/reset quest" feature into the game. You can read their statement below:

Due to the structure of quests within the game, a "reset/restart quest" feature is not feasible at this stage of development. While some quests and world events allow you to walk away or reload your save in order to reset them, this is not the case for every instance within Valhalla. We strongly recommend regularly adding manual saves, especially before and after pivotal moments, to ensure you have backup states to revert to if needed.

@Raider0008 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble in "Courting the Kings" and in the Old Cellar. The development team are aware of an issue with the Kings Pass missing if the player has already raided the area. They've announced that they will release a fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this fix will be released. Please keep an eye out within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum for more information.

I would recommend following our dedicated Megathread for the investigation into the Treasure of Britain in the Old Cellar.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • cstanley1981
    1 posts

Is there anything on this yet? It won't let me attack my screen shot but I can't proceed as synin shows the key is in the wall.

• texasranger111
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • landedpluto
    2 posts

Disappointed, two months after the initial report, the critical bug affecting main quest is still not fixed.
    no fixes, no work around, no target. This is a torture

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

@cstanley1981 - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to collect the key in "Courting the Kings." The development team have been investigating this issue further and intend to release a fix in a future update. As soon as we have more definite information to share about this update, such as an ETA for release, we will let you know within the forums.

@landedpluto - I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with "Courting the Kings." The development team are investigating several issues that have been affecting this quest. You can check the updated investigation statuses below:

If you're encountering an issue that isn't included in the list above, can you please provide us with some more information so we can take a closer look?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ash_Fox_85
    3 posts

Hi Ubisoft. I know this is a similar problem for other players and this was mentioned before. I'm stuck on courting of the kings. I've freed all of my the people in the jails and killed everyone around it. Now all the men I freed are dead in the cells somehow and I can't progress to the next part of the mission. I've seen that other players have had the same issue and have commented saying that I have the same issue yet no one has fixed this problem. Pretty dissapointed Ubisoft! For a game that cost nearly a 100 bucks I'd have expected it to perform much better. I haven't been able to play this game for a month now.

• Ash_Fox_85
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis yep! Still facing the problem. But we have to wait a month to play the game? Really?

• Verum_Sithari
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis mission is still stuck. I can't progress the storyline.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics