Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TwiZted123187
    1 posts

Im having the same problem with this quest no matter what i do the pass never drops nor can i steal it. I dont have a load point anywhere near where I am in the game right now please tell me what I need to do.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3626 posts

Hello there,

@Ash_Fox_85 - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering trouble in "Courting the Kings," and that the prisoners are dead. The development team had intended to resolve this issue in TU 1.2.2. We have reopened the investigation into this issue following reports that the issue persisted following this Title Update.

The development team are still taking a closer look at what could potentially causing this issue in-game, and we don't yet have any updates to share from the investigation. Once we have any new information to share with you all regarding the prisoners in "Courting the Kings," we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum as soon as we are able to.

@Verum_Sithari - I'm sorry to hear that you're unable to progress in "The Wrath of the Druids" due to encountering an issue with "Courting the Kings." Please note that the development team are investigating a number of issues that have affected this quest. You can check out the investigation statuses below:

• Prisoners in the cell are dead, preventing the quest from progressing
      • Comments: The investigation has been reopened following reports that that this issue persisted following the release of TU 1.2.2. Once we have any new information to share from the investigation, it will be posted within the forums as soon as we are able to.
    • Unable to collect key to the prison cells as it's out-of-bounds
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for more information.
    • Unable to collect the King's Pass as there is no quest marker
      • Comments: The development team has been able to identify what is causing this issue, and intend to release a fix in a future update. Please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for more information.

If you are encountering an issue that is not listed above, please don't hesitate to provide us with some more information so we can take a closer look 🙂

@TwiZted123187 - The development team are aware of an issue wherein the King's Pass cannot be collected, and they will be deploying a fix in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this update is to be released. As soon as we have more confirmed information, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • MisterCap_I
    1 posts

I too am still unable to progress because the Key has spawned inside of the cliff like shown in other videos/posts. This is absolutely ridiculous that it’s taken this long to fix it. Just make the key spawn somewhere else entirely. Quit “looking into it” and just rework it. Heck, put the key in a completely different location. It’s been almost 2 months since this issue has come up and still no fix. Unacceptable.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @MisterCap_I! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to collect the key in "Courting the Kings." I'd like to assure you that the development team has been investigating this issue further. They have shared that they will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this update is to be deployed. As soon as we have more confirmed information to share, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Verum_Sithari
    4 posts

@ubi-borealis I find it disheartening that this dlc has been available nearly 3 months and a bug that literally stops the main story from proceeding is still there.... I'm amazed it's taking this long....

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 295 posts

Hello there @verum_sithari. I do apologize for the frustration over the length of time it has taken to investigate this issue. While I still don't have an ETA on the release for the fix, it is on it's way. As Ubi-Borealis suggested, keep an eye out for updates as they become available.

Official Response
  • jojen2324
    1 posts

unable to complete Courting the Kings. I think some of the prisoners died and it looks like there is a prisoner stuck inside an inaccessible hut/building. Tried reset. On latest version. I played on with story and came back later and still can’t finish. I have no saves prior to this mission. Literally broke my game. Wasted my money.

• Verum_Sithari
    4 posts

@ubistorm is the 1.3.0 update the update we are waiting for? 👀

@jojen2324 I just read the patch notes! I'm excited!

• Verum_Sithari
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • lankyguy
    2 posts

@verum_sithari It's ridiculous.

• DarthSloth89
    11 posts

I've installed 1.3.0 and the prisoners are still dead in the cell. Have the Devs even done anything? How do I go about claiming a refund? Paying money for something that is broke in 3 separate versions is beyond a joke!

Plus I have the added bonus of the sleeping loop when fast travelling to Ireland.

• lilsting2006
    1 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @UbiStorm Also applied 1.3.0 update today. Still no key to free prisoners. Even uninstalled game and add on and reinstalled to no avail. Is there something we're missing?

• Candivore
    1 posts

@darthsloth89 I contacted Ubisoft and asked for even a partial refund and they refused because it's"As previously stated, we are unable to issue a refund for your order as our store policy considers this sale to be final. "Below is a link to our policy, should you have any questions:

https://support.ubisoft.com/Article/000062176:

This is unacceptable.

I have filed a complaint with the FTC here: https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/#/assistant
    I have filed a complaint with the BBB here:https://www.bbb.org/file-a-complaint
    I am in the process of filing a complaint with my State Attorney General
    I am also going to be speaking with an attorney about taking the matter to small claims court or pursuing a class action lawsuit if appropriate.

• DarthSloth89
    11 posts

@Ubi-Borealis @UbiStorm @Ubi-Wan any update on this?

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Hello everyone,

I'm pleased to share an update on two of the issues concerning "Courting the Kings" today, which are that the key cannot be collected due to being underground / clipped into the environment, and that the King's Pass cannot be collected if you completed a raid at the same time. These issues were fixed as part of TU 1.3.0, and you can read the patch notes for this update here in the News & Announcements section.

If after installing TU 1.3.0 you are still unable to collect the key or obtain the King's Pass, we will need the following from affected players in order to reopen the investigation with the development team:

• A screenshot of the in-game menu showing that TU 1.3.0 is installed
    • A screenshot or video clip showing that the key still cannot be obtained / that the King's Pass is not in your inventory

The other two reported issues with the quest - that prisoners can be killed before they are freed, and that enemies may spawn into rocks / clip into the environment - remain under investigation at the moment. We will continue to provide updates here in this thread as we receive them from the development team. Thank you for your continued understanding while these investigations continue.

I'll address individual replies posted recently below; please let me know if you have any additional questions, concerns or feedback that you would like me to address! 🙂

@jojen2324 - I am sorry to hear that you are unable to complete "Courting the Kings" due to some of the prisoners being dead / enemies inaccessible. Please rest assured that this is an issue that the developers are still investigating at the moment. We will continue to update this thread as soon as we have any news to share. In the meantime, if you are able to provide a video showing your experience of this issue, that would be much appreciated. You can share it via a hosting site such as YouTube, or a file sharing site such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Thanks! 🙂

@DarthSloth89 - Please refer to what I have written to @jojen2324 above. In terms of the sleeping loop, I am pleased to say that this should be fixed as of today's hotfix, so please try again to visit Ireland now. 🙂 Finally, if you wish to seek a refund, please be advised that this must be sought from the original retailer that you purchased your copy of the game from. If you purchased your copy directly from the Ubisoft Store, you are subject to our refund policies, which you can read here: Digital Refund Policy / Physical Refund Policy. Refund requests are considered on a case-by-case basis so you are welcome to submit one via a support case, however if your request does not fall within our refund policies, I cannot guarantee that you will be refunded. I hope that this information helps. 🙂

@lilsting2006 - Hey there! The issue you've mentioned having is one of the two that should have been fixed by the TU 1.3.0 update. Can you please provide the resources I have requested above so that we can pass these to the developers and reopen the investigation if needed? Thank you!

@Candivore - You are welcome to seek legal advice however please be advised that support agents such as myself are unable to offer advice to assist with this process. You will need to contact your legal representative and have them contact our representatives accordingly.

Official Response
  • DarthSloth89
    11 posts

@ubi-woofer Well that isn't going to happen is it? Why would PSN refund when the issues isn't with them, it's Ubisofts fault the game is broken. But of course they aren't going to compensate people because that would mean admitting they have messed up.

So can you confirm if since the bug was first reported there has been a fix issued that hasn't worked or has it not actually been addressed in any of the updates since? I understand it won't be simple to fix but it has been several months now with nothing. It's not good enough.

• darkcerb
    3 posts

@ubi-woofer Still stuck.patched up, have to find and free all prisoners, PC, have saved them all. No quest markers on adventurer setting.

Got the key and untied them all. Killed every enemy in a wide area around the objective. No saves before this quest.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@DarthSloth89 - If you have purchased the game from another retailer (such as PlayStation) then you will need to contact them for more assistance with your refund request. These purchases will be subject to the original retailer's refund policy, which is something that Ubisoft Support has no control over. Please note that any compensation would be at the discretion of the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla team, and that this is something the player support team is unable to influence. If compensation is to be offered to players, this information will be shared on our official platforms or via in-game notifications.

The development team deployed a fix for dead prisoners in TU 1.2.2, though the investigation into this issue was reopened following reports that this issue still persisted after the update's release. The development team are still investigating the issue further, and we don't have any updates to share from the investigation at this time. As soon as we have any new information to share regarding the dead prisoners in "Courting the Kings," we will let you know within this thread and within the News & Announcements forum.

@darkcerb - It sounds like you're encountering a slightly different issues to the ones currently being investigated within this thread. Just to clarify, you have been able to successfully loot the King's Pass and the prison key. You've also been able to free all of the prisoners and kill all of the guards. However, after completing these objectives you are unable to progress further as there's no quest marker. Is this correct?

To help us to take a closer look at this issue, would you be able to send us a video which shows the following:

• Your current quest log, and your active objective for "Courting the Kings."
    • Your current progress within the quest, such as showing that all of the prisoners have been freed and that there are no guards in the area to trigger combat with. I'd recommend using Odin's Sight to show there are no enemies in the area.

I would recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive. This will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • darkcerb
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis This should be it.

• luangabriel1122
    3 posts

@ubi-borealis I just updated my game and still cannot collect the king pass from the dead guard. Sometimes, he gets marked as a quest objective, but I cannot loot him.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics