ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Simplethumb
    170 posts

Just been playing for a bit and the 'skip ahead 10 feet' bug is still there, maybe those 2 bugs are related so I dont think it has been sorted.

• Simplethumb
    170 posts

Double post.

• Freestepper
    172 posts

The random few meters teleport that makes Eivor sometime fly to death or go off the map is still not fixed after the last update.

• Ryusennin
    166 posts

I'm curious to know if it only happens to analog controller users, or also with a kbm?

• jaideco
    1 posts

@azullfr So, I’ve had Valhalla on Stadia for two days and this just happened to me. I was wandering around the pillars on the island north of Ely, looking for the synchronisation point, and bang… it was like I had been fired from a cannon into the stratosphere. Is this how Eivor ended up in America?

• azullFR
    2641 posts

@jaideco

it was like I had been fired from a cannon into the stratosphere. Is this how Eivor ended up in America?

👍 😂 😂 😂 👍

• azullFR
    2641 posts

@ryusennin

really good question ! 👍

I've searched some videos on internet and found no evidence that someone with "keyboard + mouse" set has been impacted ...

• LiquidMassa1212
    1 posts

@azullfr Playing on kbm, same issue has been affecting me all day, I think it's a collider issue. I also think if the devs have probably figured out the issue by now, that probably means they have no intention of fixing it unless it starts affecting sales

• azullFR
    2641 posts

@liquidmassa1212

Many thanks to you for this info ! 👍

I agree with the colider issue (that will happen more likely under certain circumstances, ex : quick half-turn after breaking some ore)

Sadly, I also agree with :

I also think if the devs have probably figured out the issue by now, that probably means they have no intention of fixing it unless it starts affecting sales

Sometimes I suspect they are trying to fix 'reported place by reported place' (as if you wanted to cure a mosquito-borne disease by asking people : "Which one bit you?")

Have a nice day 🙂

• Epic.Milky
    4 posts

This is still happening. A couple weeks ago as I was trying to climb a wall I started flying upward rapidly for nearly a minute before I desynchronize. I was unable to get a screen shot though.

• cellq7
    11 posts

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

I apologise for the delayed response. Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding "flying Eivor" within this thread, and for including videos if you're able to. I've ensured that these have been passed on as part of the ongoing investigation into this issue (thank you @videogame1965 & @Coryfied for providing videos!).

We don't have any updates to share with you all from the investigation into this issue at this time. Rest assured that the development team are looking into what could potentially be causing these flights to occur in-game. As soon as we have any new information to share with you all from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.

In the meantime, please can you ensure that your affected save file is uploaded to the Cloud? You can check this by looking for the cloud icon on your most recent save. Additionally, the development team are still interested in collecting videos that demonstrates this behaviour in-game. If you're able to capture footage of one of Eivor's flights, please can you share a link to the video within this thread?

I have also passed on feedback to the Community Team to see if we can have this issue added to the "Known Issues" list in a future update.

If you're experiencing issues with Eivor teleporting, but not flying into the sky and desynchronizing, then I recommend that you check out our dedicated Megathread for this specific issue.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Freestepper
    172 posts

@ubi-borealis Teleporting is what causing Eivor to fly. Most of the time, Eivor just teleports few meters without flying. It probably depends where and into what Eivor teleports, then the flying can happen.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Freestepper!

Thanks for sharing your own thoughts on the investigation into Eivor's teleportation/flying skills. The development team are aware that these issues might be linked, but they are being investigated separately. This is why we have two separate Megathreads - one specifically for when Eivor teleports without desynchronizing, and one for when Eivor decides to fly up into the sky and desynchronize. By having separate investigations for the issues, it also helps us to spot if there are any specific triggers or trends for either behaviours (such as Eivor only teleporting after specific actions, or a flight being more likely in a certain location).

If you encounter either teleporting or flying in-game, we'd recommend that you share your experience in the appropriate Megathread so we can ensure your report is included in the relevant investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kirumonga
    2 posts

Eivor teleported from wessex to ravenstrope. im just collecting some wealth near wessex region, killing enemies and loot. but this bug teleported my charatec from wessex region to ravenstrope, and the worst part, this bug teleport eivor to the sky and desyn after that.

• Ubi_Plush
    364 posts

@kirumonga Greetings and welcome to the forums. Sorry to hear about this bug interrupting your game. I'd like to get more information to better assist.

Has this occurred in game before, or was this the first time Eivor was teleported? Was Eivor using an ability before the bug happened?

• Kirumonga
    2 posts

@ubi_plush no, after looting my character teleport to another region. sometimes after using range abilities eivor starts teleport. sometimes do nothing trigger the bug too. i think its random

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing us with some more information about Eivor's teleportation, @Kirumonga! Just to let you know, I've merged your thread with our ongoing Megathread for the investigation into Eivor's flights, as you mentioned that when this issue happens in your game, you also desynchronize.

Have you been able to capture a video of this happening in-game? If so, would you be able to share this video with us within this thread? We can then include it in your report to the development team as they investigate this behaviour in-game further.

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Schipperke99
    8 posts

Just happened again while I was revisiting Thieves Warren. I had just cleared out all of the enemies. After killing the last thieve I turned to walk away and was flung up into the sky. This flying bug has occurred about 5 to 10 times since I started playing in January. I also have experienced the teleporting more frequently but never occurring with the flying bug.

• ChuckKatse
    353 posts

Oh it's a Bird, no a Plane, wait it's Eivor flying thru the air into Desynchronization. Welcome to AC "Always Crashing" "Bug Alla. This game is hands down is the most bug ridden game on the market today. The most pathetic player support game on the market today. Content that has worked just fine in the past broken with title updates. Problems reported by players taking months to fix if they are even fixed at all. Ubisoft's famous response. "We are investigating" or "Follow our troubleshooting steps to see if that fixes the problem". Give me a break.

Suggested Topics