ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5943 posts

No worries, @B10defence! Thanks for letting us know.

If you'd like to check for cloud saves, you can look for the small cloud icon on any save you have created. This will symbolise that a copy of the save has been uploaded to the cloud. Please note that you have have both local and cloud saves simultaneously, so you can have both a cloud save and a local save on your external HDD.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BostonCahKeys
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis how is this still a problem? It keeps happening to me. Just did it, as a matter of fact (PS4 Pro). Tried to upload a photo, but got every error message under the sun.

• Ryusennin
    161 posts

It just happened to me while starting a new game on PS4, during the world event Battle Born around Alrekstad. I was simply following the kids towards their "raiding ground" when Eivor suddenly got propelled in the stratosphere and consequently fell to her death. Thankfully I had done a quick save right before talking to the kids.

• VirtualAwesome
    75 posts

It happened to me again 2 days ago. I didn't bother to record it. It isn't game-breaking since I usually have a very recent auto-save.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @BostonCahKeys, @Ryusennin & @VirtualAwesome!

I'm sorry to hear that you've encountered this issue with Eivor flying away in-game. Thank you for taking the time to share your reports with us. The development team are still looking into what could potentially be causing this issue to occur in-game, and we don't yet have any updates to share. Once we have any new information available from the investigation, we will let you know within this thread.

Can you let me know more about the error messages you received when trying to upload an image, @BostonCahKeys? If you can recall the error codes, this will help us to investigate these further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Savvage91
    48 posts

After the recent update i' ve lost more than 3 hours during the river raids because Eivor glitched out of the map and desynched and lost all my progress...twice.
    I'm done with the raids till you fix this. It doesn't deserve the struggle for a reskined armor and spear. Pretty dissapointing....

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1605 posts

@savvage91 Hey there.

Sorry to hear that this has happened twice. Eivor desyncing due to this, is a known issue and we are currently still seeking more information.
    Could you let us know which platform this is on please?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Savvage91
    48 posts

@ubi-nacho

PS4 Pro

Now that im more calm maybe i'll try and do multiple runs to get the important items without the risk of flying again😂
    Thanks for replying.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3985 posts

@savvage91 I have merged your post with this mega thread we have created for this particular issue.

Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • bradcuster
    14 posts

I’m to the point I’m about to uninstall the game and never look back. I’m trying to do the new river raids and follow the quests and so far each one I’ll get randomly launched high into the air for no rhyme or reason the eventually die after 20 secs or less. Of course the real pain is then you lose all your progress on that river and have to do it all over again. This is ridiculous. It’s happening every time. So then I lose hours of progress. It’s ridiculous after almost a year something like this is happening in game!!

• Tekarn12
    1 posts

River raids are now unplayable for me due to this glitch. 3 of the last 4 river raids I have done Eivor has flown up into the sky and desynchronized, making me lose hours of progress. I am on ps5.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @bradcuster & @Your-Lonely-PS3!

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced trouble with Eivor flying away during River Raids. Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us within this thread. The development team are aware of this issue, and they are currently investigating further.

I've passed on your reports to let them know that this impromptu flying has been experienced frequently during River Raids, so they can take a closer look at this as well as they continue investigate further. I apologise for any inconvenience that has been caused by the sudden desynchronizations, as I know this causes you to lose your River Raid progress.

Once we have any new information to share, we will let you know within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1271 posts

@whocares78 Your video is by far my favorite. Put on the hood and BOOM! Hahaha...

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

@thenorfolkian - The video provided by @WhoCares78 is certainly a useful example of how extreme this issue can become; please rest assured that Eivor's sudden take-offs remain under investigation, and we'll keep everyone updated here with any news. 🙂

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1271 posts

@ubi-woofer Oh, I know. This situation happened once to my Eivor months ago in Jorvik. I have lost the video I took of the incident though.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1243 posts

@thenorfolkian

That's okay. Hopefully this isn't something you encounter again but if it does happen again and you are able to capture it we'd appreciate it a great deal. Thanks.

Official Response
  • Cpt.Roadrunner
    1 posts

It's happening frequently to me. I play on PS4 Pro and Stadia.

I can't find any pattern on when the rocket launch is triggered. One time, I am climbing a wall. The next time, I am standing within a settlement, turning Eivor around. But it happened so far only in non-combat situations, which could be a coincidence.

The only thing that I remember doing the last time is pushing down both thumbsticks (=buttons, not movement) at the same time.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3985 posts

Hi @cpt-roadrunner and welcome to the forums and thanks for the information provided.

I'm sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue.

Can you please provide a video of the issue the next time you experience it and I will forward it on to the development team.

Official Response
  • longjohn119
    1080 posts

@ubi-keo I had that problem one time in a cave and I shot up to the ceiling and of course couldn't see anything because the camera was clipping into the rocks. I flailed around a bit and then it desynced. But it never did it again and wasn't repeatable in that same cave ..... Definitely a W-T-F moment ......

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1268 posts

Thanks for sharing your report with us, @longjohn119. I am glad to hear that the issue did not repeat itself in the same place, but sorry to hear that it has affected you multiple times elsewhere. It's certainly an unusual issue!

Have you ever captured any clips displaying this issue? If it occurs again, and you're in a position to do so, could you provide one next time?

Thanks. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics