ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• psycrowtastic
    4 posts

hey guys,

This bug is still very much in the game over 3 months since its initial report. I bought the DLC and this happens in the very first quest, meaning i can't progress with the Irish Saga. I've tried nudging Barid myself which does nothing. With a horse i can nudge him with great difficulty as far as where the party is on but he doesn't react to it. He acts as if he's just a random NPC, who stands opposite the blacksmith in the dublin markets. the most i can get him to do is draw his sword by hitting him a lot. I cant load something before this happened as i went off and finished the main game and collected a lot assuming that this bug would be solved by the time i got back to it. Is there a way to reset the DLC so i can restart the whole thing? why can't you restart missions?

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Helo @psycrowtastic thank you for your sharing your experience of this bug.

So far there is no known workaround for Baird becoming stuck and being unable to talk to you, we are still investigating a permanent fix since we reopened this issue.

You may try uninstalling your DLC and then reinstall it, this may be easier to do on console, but I am unsure if this would resolve this for you on your affected save file.

Some players reported loading earlier autosaves and allowing all Barid dialogue to play out, they could continue, some players reported fast travelling out of the area using the Atlas, then returning, would reset Barid's position. Have you been able to try this fast travel workaround?

Official Response
  • psycrowtastic
    4 posts

@ubi-milky hey, I've tried everything you suggested. Honestly i think something like fast travelling during the mission is actually what caused this. I climbed kilchrist during the mission as your attention is drawn to it as part of the mission scripting (hit L3 to focus thing). i assumed i was supposed to climb it so i did and synched and when i got back down Barid was frozen. I've fast travelled using the atlas numerous times and it hasnt solved it. Barid returns to the same spot opposite the blacksmith. I've also deselected the quest, did others and came back. no difference. I've not uninstalled the DLC and reinstalled because presumably as you mentioned, it wont change the save file which is where the issue seems to be. Also, on PS5 the only option for that is to delete all DLC, not just the irish one. This bug has happened a few times in the game and is usually solved by loading a previous save but in this case, i have no previous save.

• psycrowtastic
    4 posts

@ubi-milky hey, over the weekend i tried the suggested fix of removing the DLC. no fix. I then deleted and reinstalled the whole game. same issue. looks like nothing i can do can solve this once its on the save file.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2211 posts

@psycrowtastic Thanks for letting us know what you've tried and I'm sorry to hear that you don't have an older save you can use this time and I hope it's not too long for a patch to be released that resolves this for you.

Official Response
  • psycrowtastic
    4 posts

@ubi-froggard hey, looks like the latest release fixed this. can finally play the DLC! thanks!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Thanks for letting us know @psycrowtastic, great to hear it's working now!

If there's ever anything more we can help with at all, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics