ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Freestepper
    Original poster 174 posts

They disappear if i die or reload the game before completing the contract. Now i've lost the weekly 20 opals contract because i reloaded the game after accepting the quest before completing it. And i cannot take the quest again.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SpirantCrayon22
    2102 posts

@freestepper

Sounds like a bug. I did something similar, yesterday accepted one of the two contracts from Reda's friend in Winchester, went off, saved before completing. That one had gone when I reloaded the game but when I went to Reda (in Ravensthorpe) there were two contracts. So it vanished from the HUD but remained available.

• Garbo3
    780 posts

I am having issues with Reda in Ireland. I go to England,otherwise the mission dissappears, or he only offers one,when today should be 3.,and more issues.

• DoughDeputy
    1 posts

@Freestepper Yeah still happens to this day, i miss when devs would actually try to fix games instead of leaving them as a money grab.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Freestepper
    Original poster 174 posts

@Polyedra What is it good to them to have opals secured if i can just cheat engine to get all of the cash shop armors and weapons for free with few clicks? But then it would feel like even more cheating than it feels when getting them with opals.

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2102 posts

@Polyedra I don't think it's a bug, I think it's intended and works something like the following. The game stores nearly nothing relating to opal or Connect, it checks every time it starts so if the quests aren't done according to the server (which doesn't store any in-game info) then Eivor starts as though nothing's happened, the quest is available and it might be a different one. Now, if the quest isn't appearing again then that could be a bug but if Eivor dies before completing the quest I can't say that I think it's a bug if it doesn't appear again.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2768 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry to hear that your quest disappeared.

Can I kindly ask you to provide us with a short video of this occurring, so we can investigate it further for you?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    2102 posts

@Ubi-Mark this is a hard-to-do video

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    2653 posts

@Polyedra

To me it always deleted the quests if I loaded the game.

you mean the contract(s) is (are) not anymore in your quest log and also Reda or friend of him doesn't offer any replacement contract ?

(I usually have a replacement quest and guessed it was supposed to work this way, but I also suspect some issues with some parts of the game datas stored in RAM (and, or VRAM) not correctly used by the system or, mainly and most probably, by AC Valhalla)

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    2653 posts

@Ubi-Mark
    hello,
    I did the test :
    took 2 contracts at Reda :

1. Bandit target (The green eyed thief, or something like that)
    2. Auto-booming "Make them burn!" (East-Anglia)

Then I went to the Bandit one, letting the "Auto-booming" for later
    I've been killed by the target (took a bunch of time)
    reloaded the last auto-save
    Result : Bandit contract active , no more contract to do or to find at Reda = lost 5 Opals for this test ...
    Video will come later, when I will be able to manage it

Now, I've got a question to the game team : "5 Opals (min) for this free work ... deal ?"

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    2653 posts

@Polyedra
    😂 if they give me 5 Opals ... I'll eat my hood spoiler😂 😂
    ( but it's still free work 😉 )

Note : 500 helix credits would be cheaper for them and easier, as the mechanic is already there and has been used several times on several cases,
    maybe I should ask for 5000 and 1000 (20% : from your evaluation of the price of your participation) for you ? 😂

No, more seriously : they do not have money to buy a old PS4 and test their game and bugs ? (sorry I couldn't resist)

[Post-edited] @ Ubi Game Team Hierarchy : if needed I can rent you my PS4 pro : price and planning to be discussed 😂

• azullFR
    2653 posts

@Polyedra
    @azullFR

oops ! sorry, I could manage to get the 2 contracts back !
    ... No more 5 Opals claim ! Neither the 5000 Helix 😭 😂

@Ubi-Mark
    after getting the "one contract vanished" I didn't finished the active contract : I reloaded the manual save (without quitting Valhalla) that I had just before taking the 2 contracts = Reda gave me again the 2 same contracts
    [Post-edit] : no, the auto-booming contract vanished while I was talking to Reda !!! ( Direct Live 😉 )

• I reloaded the manual save and took at Reda only the "Auto booming" one = same result = auto vanished
    • I reloaded the manual save and took the contracts at Grantebridge = Got them ! = a new Booming one ( so it didn't "Auto-boomed" 😉 ) + "The green eyed thief" but also at another location = everything done 🙂

free video to come later 😉

• A Former User
    0 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    2653 posts
  • Qstlijku
    44 posts

I don't think I've had this happen since the last update; however, recently I've sometimes been having the opposite issue - namely, contracts I've already completed showing up again. It's not a major issue, as I'm still able to complete them again when this happens (albeit without getting any opals), but it would be nice if I didn't have to remember which ones I've already done.

Suggested Topics