ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ryusennin
    130 posts

Teleporting also happens during loading screens.

Right after the release of patch 1.3.2, I launched the game (on PC) and waited for my save game to load. As I often do in those moments, I made Eivor walk towards the camera (facing me then) and for a split second she teleported in my direction (off camera) before respawning in the center of the screen.

It's impossible to reproduce because it is so random and relatively rare. Could it be related to framerate? My game runs around 75 fps on a Freesync display.

• azullFR
    Original poster 2084 posts

@ryusennin
    teleporting also while in loading screen... impressive !
    ... and good to know for the dev team I guess 🙂

(Just an aside note : at TU 1.3.1 first use, I had the background of Eivors' loading screen as blue as the sky...)

Nice day to all 🙂

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

Thank you so much for all of that additional information, everyone! I can confirm that this issue is still being looked into, but please let me know if you encounter any patterns or additional information that I can pass along!

Official Response
  • procadman
    86 posts

@longjohn119 I haven't verified it yet but that may be due to the "Emergency Aim" skill.
    Mine does it too but I haven't tried resetting that skill yet.

• archsh3riff
    126 posts

in a past 5 hours it happened 4 times ..
    i am just moving, going somewhere and suddenly, i am teleported like 10 meters ahead .. it can make me glitch, go thru walls, repear in thin air (if on a mountain edge e.g.)

• SpirantCrayon22
    1498 posts

@archsh3riff

I think this has been flagged. Happens to me most times I play. Yesterday was particularly bad.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3715 posts

@archsh3riff I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with Eivor teleporting ahead. I can confirm this issue has been reported and is being investigated.

I have merged your post with an ongoing thread for this issue.

Official Response
  • MajorMeowMix
    3 posts

"Being Investigated" is such a hallow phrase when this issue has been reported since 2020. I literally have this teleportation bug probably once every hour at least. It happens when changing direction quickly (as has been reported in many posts) and can happen when Eivor runs into small scale environmental obstacles. All of this should be easily replicated with barely a few hours playtesting of a single person.

• Ryusennin
    130 posts

Teleporting happened to me a lot (half a dozen times) while exploring a Tomb of the Fallen. I think it was the Venutius one.

• DraxxasXeno
    3 posts

While playing the DLCs, I was experiencing slight teleportations by a couple of feet or so. Just now, I started flying all the way across the map and then eventually died.

• A Former User
    0 posts

@draxxasxeno

Yeah just a bug happend to me too

• Nurazon
    1 posts

It's still happening, to me like every 10mins at least once, today i got even yeeted into space causing desynchronization. I already died in battle cause of this too. Since this bug is now known for quite some time already, can we expect a proper fix for this and when, please?

I didn't notice any pattern so far, the only thing which i noticed is that i got yeeted when the teleport happend into some kind of slope, for me it was the sloped log wall of fortifications. Other than that nothing, it can happen when i just walk or run around, doesn't matter if it's in a town, in a cave or in the wilderness, forest or meadow. It happens in fights, it happends outside of fights, while melee fighting or ranged, but it never happened to me when i was travelling with my ship or on horse, nor while flying around with Synin. Only when on foot with Eivor.

• azullFR

@nurazon

I'm starting to think there won't be any fix ...

From what I've seen the "teleport" problem is linked to how they implemented the "Death Stranding" camera =

• the camera is changing it's point of view depending on the 3D textures (going left,right, front, back)

These "Death Stranding" camera point of view changes associated with some character movements, and, or with some paths, and, or with some texture colisions are making the "teleport" and the "fly to death" bugs ...

I'm afraid they won't go deep in the implementation ... 😞

• Freestepper
    161 posts

Ubisoft, how the investigation and fixing of this issue going? Does the dev team knows what's causing it yet and will it be fixed soon?

• Ubi_Plush
    Ubisoft Support Staff 364 posts

Greetings everyone. @Freestepper @DraxxasXeno @Ryusennin @MajorMeowMix @Nurazon @azullFR

Thank you for continuing to post updates about this issue. The game team has scheduled a fix for this teleporting glitch in an upcoming patch. Please stay tuned to the News and Announcements thread for official patch notes. Unfortunately, I do not have a specific ETA for its release.

I encourage you all to reply back in this thread if you continue to see this glitch after patch notes have been released.

Official Response
  • GLADI8ORDUDE.
    98 posts

@ubi_plush This is awsome news! Thanks for the update.

• azullFR

@ubi_plush
    Good news !
    Thanks to you for the update 👍

• Danzki
    1 posts

@ubi_plush I would like to join this group. I also get the bug, but either I'm teleported into the sky and killed, or I'm teleported 100s of meters away. I'm on pc playing via Gefore NOW

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 5788 posts

You're welcome, @GLADI8ORDUDE & @azullFR! 😄

As soon as we have more news to share regarding the ETA for this future update, we will do our best to let you know within this thread as soon as possible. Additionally, any future updates will be posted within the News & Announcements forums via patch notes, so please keep an eye out for these as well!

@Danzki - We have another Megathread for the investigation into when Eivor will fly into the sky and desynchronize. You can follow the investigation into this issue here. Please check this thread out for more information and updates from the investigation into Eivor's sudden flights.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1498 posts

Me, too, Xbox always connected if you want to look. No idea what prompts it, happens every few days. I'll try and remember to record a video or two.

Suggested Topics