ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2225 posts

Hey there @spirantcrayon22, thanks for getting in touch and letting us know. As kindly mentioned by my colleague above, the game team has scheduled a fix for this teleporting glitch in an upcoming patch. Please stay tuned to the News and Announcements thread for official patch notes. Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Official Response
  • Elisthanuada
    5 posts

@gladi8ordude Eivor has always done this in my game files as well, still in 2022.

• solidusben
    1 posts

Happening on Series X too.

• ryunaka
    1 posts
    Bugs still occur, and they aren't even mentioned in the patch notes in the first place. When will it be fixed?

• SpirantCrayon22
    1695 posts

@ryunaka

I think we're entering the stage where they're not going to fix bugs that aren't game-breaking. There are similar-level bugs that date back more than a year and aren't in the "acknowledged" list. It's the way the gaming industry works. Doesn't matter if it doesn't quite work, it works enough and people keep paying cash so job done, move on to the next project.

There are a few exceptions - Re-Logic, for example - but the standard is imperfect products and not to acknowledge customer irritation is normal.

• Crazybone992
    70 posts

@ubi-gizmo About time. I've had this teleporting bug since march of last year. It wasn't present in my game originally though. It started after the march 2021 patch. But I still assume it's the same bug that everyone else has. Sounds totally similar.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your experiences of Eivor sometimes teleporting in-game. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the development team will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released for the game. Once we have more confirmed details to share, they will be posted within this thread and via patch notes published in the News & Announcements forum.

If you are experiencing an issue wherein Eivor will fly up into the sky and desynchronize, then I recommend that you check out our dedicated Megathread for this investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2516 posts

Hey everyone, 

This issue should now be fixed with today's update. The patch notes can be found here

If you still have this issue after updating the game, please let us know here.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1695 posts

@ubi-froggard

I am not completely sure but I think this might still be with us. I have some weird camera-jumping effects sometimes but it's hard to separate those from Eivor teleporting. I'd suggest keeping this thread open for the moment. What I'm doing is trying to work out whether Eivor has jumped or not.

Either way it could be that there's a bug. What the camera does is jump erratically. I think it's because it doesn't travel through objects so if it has to go round a tight bend it gives the impression of jumping.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @SpirantCrayon22!

Thanks for sharing an update with us following the release of TU 1.5.0. The behaviour you're describing definitely sounds odd. Do you happen to have a video of this occurring in-game? This would help us to take a closer look at whether it's Eivor "teleporting," or if there's some issues with the camera following Eivor.

Even though this thread has been marked as "Resolved," we'll be keeping it open in the meantime to make sure that the issue doesn't persist following TU 1.5.0.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22
    1695 posts

@ubi-borealis

I am fairly sure Havi did a mini-teleport earlier, certainly the camera suddenly jumped and I don't think Havi was where I thought he was going to be. I did not think to record it, though - doing that should help me work out whether it happened or not, too. I'll keep an eye out, obviously.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for keeping an eye out, @SpirantCrayon22! We appreciate it! 🙂

If you do capture any video, please share it with us so we can take a closer look at this behaviour as well.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

As we have had no reports of issues persisting with Eivor teleporting on the ground following the release of TU 1.5.0, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any trouble with teleportation without any desynchronization, please feel welcome to create a new thread and our team will investigate further. When creating a new thread, please ensure that you include a video of the issue you've encountered, as this is helpful for further investigation.

If you are experiencing an issue wherein Eivor will fly up into the sky and desynchronize, then I recommend that you check out our dedicated Megathread for this investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics