Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BILL_265
    Original poster 4 posts

Boss fights- I don't like 'em!!! (and 'regular' battles too easy.) This combat system isn't intuitive to me. The boss fights are too difficult and there are to many of them. The reflexes required remind of me of Nintendo system in form and repetitive, repetitive, mindless repetitive, motions (yeah, last century). Back then they just had that nonsense as filler, I don't know why we need filler for this huge game. More specifically nearly all the bosses outmatch my character and ability. Also the fort or castle I am trying to take should NOT have an endless supply of defenders spawning to force me to keep moving forward to whatever line they drew for me to cross. The pace of the assault should be mine alone. (unless it woven into the storyline, but I have not seen that yet.)

Now just so you understand me a bit, I like the stronger 'regular' players I was pleased the first time I 'met' the pikemen, two handed sword guys, fire guys etc. I was thrilled the first time I killed a woe-bringer, and again the first time I killed three of them. FYI- I call the sword guys etc. that because many of the character titles I cant actually read because tv is on other side of room. I don't like that many soldiers don't engage but just stand there until current fight ends, then engage- only one or two at a time. repeat..

Where I was at in the game, Ivarr is now (finally) dead, Vineland complete, (should have been able to bring back moose head to England, really what good was the whole trip for game progression?) I had used 153 skills points and had 67? available, Ivarr isn't a super tough boss battle. There was satisfaction because he was an [censored] and needed to go- actual battle satisfaction- meh- All the prior boss battles OK if I win by 2nd try, Get nothing pleasing from the win if three tries or more. (too many more and quite the reverse)

Then I met the bear in the basement. It kicked my butt (several times)

This wasn't the first time I have taken issue with the boss fights, I considered shelving this game after My lvl 100? Eivor spent several hours trying to kill Eorforwine, Couple of marathon experiments then short two or three battle attempts over a bit more than a week. Close the game, try later. load same save...I did learn a couple things like the evade button works even when you are not moving, think about that a minute, if you are moving and then push x (evade) then a perfect evade does nothing to help, because you are to far away to hit the enemy.

NOW the abilities are difficult for me to use in this game as I do not use them for forts, castles etc. because the targets are just easy anyway. SO I need to open the abilities menu because I don't remember which ability I have or where it is mapped. YES that infrequently, I also tend to move them to suit enemy so makes it harder on me. Did anyone ever use 'dive of the valkries' and land just in front of the enemy? Then HE hits YOU? Well- know it IS possible. NOTE: playing Odessy I did not have this problem I used the crap out of abilities. I still have arrows on the default of partial aim assist but bumped up assassinations always kill after losing the stupid timing thingy about 20 times in a row. It has to work, once in awhile for everyone, they could program a max fail rate with stuff like that. Oh Yeah, even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while.

There are video's showing most battles but in many of these the players recieve tiny damage and deal great amounts of damage-
    like returning Eorforwine's javelin, it hit her for 1/8 of her health? When I did this it barely made a red line would have taken a hundred 'returns' to kill her and each time she hit me with her sword it took 1/3 to 1/2 of my health.

MY BOSS CURE-
    The bear [censored] me off so I used all my saved skill points AND lowered the difficulty to easy, killed the bear, then a zealot, then another zealot, then black shuck, then the corpse eaters, then three of ragnars crew, then the rest of available zealots Eorforwine was now easy, and the weaker Lerion sisters. the only bosses left were the one sister and ragnars shieldwall. Oh yeah, also didn't mess with the polar bear or Fenrir.
    I did fight Cordilia? and Shieldwall I added the 28? skill points I got eliminating the others and did two battles each. I messed both of them up a bit but lost both. That is the patience level I can cope with. I then removed skills down to 159 starting with the entire blue tree (I do not know which one that is, I just don't care- I also don't see any real improvements in armors either other than complete sets perks, I also don't understand raven, wolf, bear armor/weapons alignment, but I don't care I don't understand.

So down to lvl 159 and I also set difficulty level back to hard.

Onward to Cent (after I clear up a few more things I do like to get all the boxes, puzzles and mysteries.)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    195 posts

Lowered the difficulty to easy...

Killed the bear, zealot, another zealot, black shuck, corpse eaters, three of ragnars crew, the rest of available zealots, Eorforwine, the weaker Lerion sisters...

====

What a shame.

Such a soft way to advance. You could have beat them on the hardest settings with some tips and some practice. Honestly, it sounds like you aren't very good at the game and don't have the patience to learn. Some people don't have the hand-eye coordination, reflexes or cognitive skills but I'd be willing to bet that with a few lessons I'd have them beating the toughest bosses in the game. Without having to resort to easy mode.

I suffered through a few boss fights my first time playing this game, but I'd rather have the game be challenging than have it be a cake walk. I'm playing on the hardest settings and refuse to use abilities because they are ridiculously overpowered. I can give you an example. My first time fighting Black Shuck I only used a single dagger, no abilities. Must have taken a couple of hours to finally best him. Incredibly frustrating.

As a test, I fought him using the Blinding Rush ability. The one where you literally put the world on pause for 10-15 seconds while you trash everything in the game that doesn't have a shield to interrupt you with. Equipped with a heavy shield and a flail I beat him on the first try in about 5 minutes. It was disgusting. Never touched Blinding Rush again.

I can give a lot more examples, but what's the point. It would only be insulting to what I otherwise consider to be a half decent game.

Combat, and the poorly designed skill trees, are the weakest points of Valhalla.

Highly exploitable, console cheese.

• Ken_Koerperich
    55 posts
    Lowered the difficulty to easy...

Killed the bear, zealot, another zealot, black shuck, corpse eaters, three of ragnars crew, the rest of available zealots, Eorforwine, the weaker Lerion sisters...

====

What a shame.

Such a soft way to advance. You could have beat them on the hardest settings with some tips and some practice. Honestly, it sounds like you aren't very good at the game and don't have the patience to learn. Some people don't have the hand-eye coordination, reflexes or cognitive skills but I'd be willing to bet that with a few lessons I'd have them beating the toughest bosses in the game. Without having to resort to easy mode.

I suffered through a few boss fights my first time playing this game, but I'd rather have the game be challenging than have it be a cake walk. I'm playing on the hardest settings and refuse to use abilities because they are ridiculously overpowered. I can give you an example. My first time fighting Black Shuck I only used a single dagger, no abilities. Must have taken a couple of hours to finally best him. Incredibly frustrating.

As a test, I fought him using the Blinding Rush ability. The one where you literally put the world on pause for 10-15 seconds while you trash everything in the game that doesn't have a shield to interrupt you with. Equipped with a heavy shield and a flail I beat him on the first try in about 5 minutes. It was disgusting. Never touched Blinding Rush again.

I can give a lot more examples, but what's the point. It would only be insulting to what I otherwise consider to be a half decent game.

Combat, and the poorly designed skill trees, are the weakest points of Valhalla.

Highly exploitable, console cheese.

LMFAO! Glad you got so much FREE time on your hands that you need to make the game a J-O-B. Some of us play/do this as a HOBBY. It's not our life, and you telling someone playing on easy is "soft". We/I just want to beat the game and move on to another some day. Setting it on "extreme/hard" or w.tf is IMO dumb. Just play the game.

Dude has a point. It's rather irritating, that even w/ a tons of skill points to be used, you either A) get roflstomped by the boss, as your skills do diddly squat to them, or B) they die in a split second, and it isn't a fight at all....

This game severely lacks any thought process's, is bug ridden, requiring save scu..mming just to fill your RUNE slots w/ the proper runes for a build.

Raids are snooze fests....

DLC Raid...won't even touch it, since the first raids were snoozefests...

Asgard/Jortunheim arcs were just filler fodder....BORING!

Most of the story arcs can be completed in less than 30 minutes if you have "fast travels" unlocked....

Meaning the game is BORING...

Play as an assassin....what a joke...most times, if you're not WORKING at it, you might as well hack & slash your way through, as it always ends up that way, even on the lowest settings. You get seen from half way across the camp, no matter how hard you try to hide....

This game should have been named: VALHALLA - Hack n Slasher -

Not AC: Valhalla....there is no AC in this...

God, I can't wait for ESO:Blackwood to release....

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics