• Jakpol
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,
    I'm playing AC Valhalla on PC. my specs are:
    Ryzen 5600X
    EVGA 1070 FTW
    3440x1440 100Hz Gsync Display
    Latest nvidia driver

Since the latest patch (I think it's 1.2.1?), the charakter skin / Equipment is blurry. Everything else in the game looks normal, but the equipment worn on Charakter is very blurry - this includes all armor pieces, tattoos, weapons. Everything else (Raven, Horse, hands, face) looks sharp as always, and all enviroment textures look great - it's really just the charakter skin items. This goes so far that even in the shop, the previews of armor pieces have the same bug. All of this looked perfectly fine before the last patch update. Please check these pictures for reference:
    https://ibb.co/r42mkVc
    https://ibb.co/M1hd3kW
    https://ibb.co/w63HZyG
    https://ibb.co/Hr94xBW

I tried:

• updating nvidia driver
    • checking local files in Ubisoft Connect launcher
    • disabling MSAA in nvidia control panel
    • setting energy control in nvidia control panel to "maximum performance"
    • setting energy control in nvidia control panel to "adaptive"

Would love to have great looking Eivor back again please.... Any help is appreciated 🙂

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

blurry

===

This game has a litany of blurry visual issues that weren't there on release day. You can find many threads on it, including my own.

Consider yourself lucky. My blurry issues run deeper than yours. And no, it can't be fixed by me, either. It's on their end.

It happened sometime after launch while I was away from the game.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 484 posts

Hey there! If trying all solutions from our PC Troubleshooting Steps with no different results, could you both share with us your MSINFO and DxDIAG by creating a support ticket here?

Official Response
  • Jakpol
    Original poster 3 posts

Thanks for the reply @ubi-smash . I openend a ticket. Let's see if this will help solving the issue.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Thank you for the update, @jakpol!

No worries, we're always happy to assist! As your ticket is already with us, you should receive a reply soon 🙂

Official Response
  • Jakpol
    Original poster 3 posts

This might be the most embarassing post I have ever written on the whole wide interwebs (and I wrote a LOT of embarassing stuff...), but bear with me:

So, after a bit back and forth with Ubi-support, they ased me to do a lot of stupid standard first level support stuff (delete, Ubisoft connect, reinstall, check files, update drivers, yadda yadda). I was very confident that nothing of that would help, but did it anyways - and lo and behold, nothing of that helped. So I responded in a borderline cocky tone, and asked that we could skip first level support stuff, and get the real problemsolvers on the case. They asked for different analytic data, and logs, and whatnot, and I always sent them what they needed. Till today, a guy asked for my specific graphic settings. Annoyed by that n00bish of a question (excuse me, mister, I play all games on highest settings since ~late 90s, and yes, I probably wasted more money on PC hardware in the last 25 years than some of those kids working in support earn in a year), I went to make the requested screenshots, as I'm trying to stay positive and supportive and I also want my go''amn problem solved. So, the graphics section is pretty long, and I started taking the first screenshot, and slightly bored scrolled down and took the next screenshot, and pretty annoyed scrolled down and...

WHAT THE EVER FLYING WHATNOW? There is an graphics setting entry called "charakter textures". And it is set to... low. *cue ohshit.wav jingle*
    So. Wellnow. So I set the slider for "charakter textures" back to "high", as it should be. And whowouldvethought - suddenly, the charakter textures look sharp and crisp and perfect again!

So. My sincerest apologies to anyone at Ubisoft who wasted their time and brains on my stupidity. Though I am absiolutely sure that I didn't change that slider, it obviously never was a problem with the game, but with my local settings, and it was entirely my fault to not check those first. The game crashed twice since patch 1.2.1, and I assume that in one of these crashes, my graphics settings wer changed.

So, dear first level Ubisoft Support: please feel free to print out this post, hang it in your break room, and have a good laugh at me whenever annoying users try to make your days worse. I definitely deserve it.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1060 posts

@jakpol Thanks for the update. I am pleased to hear that you resolved the issue and that it was only a setting that needed to be changed.

It's understandable that you thought it was an issue with the game if you did not change that particular setting yourself. And don't worry you didn't waste our time, we are hear to help and provide you with support.

The main thing is that the issue is now resolved and you can continue playing the game 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics