Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kormac67
    Original poster 659 posts

Every time I visit the forum (daily) I am logged off and have to log in again.
    Why? This is super annoying.
    For other forums I have to log in once a year or so.
    Using Firefox.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Hey there @Kormac67 - please accept my apologies for the delayed reply to your thread here in the Forum Feedback section. I'm sorry to hear that you are frequently being logged out of Discussions.

Can you clarify for me whether you have two-factor authentication (2FA) enabled on your Ubisoft Account? Do you ever visit any of our other websites as well where 2FA is not leveraged, such as the old forums, the Ubisoft Store, or the Ubisoft Support website? As we are aware that doing so and logging in there can cause a log out on Discussions, due to the authentication levels not matching between all of the sites, and thereby necessitating reauthentication on Discussions.

Do you typically have to log in more than once a day, or is it just at the start of each browsing session? Do you notice any difference between the desktop and mobile versions of the site? Thank you for any additional information that you can provide! 🙂

Official Response
  • Kormac67
    Original poster 659 posts

@ubi-woofer
    Thank you for responding!
    I don't have 2FA - would that help?
    I have my PC on (or at least on standby) and my browser open all the time, I rarely reboot.
    I rarely visit the othe Ubi sites you mentioned, this is not what causes the disconnect.
    I get disconnected at least twice a day.
    I'm not using the mobile version.
    Some days I'm getting disconnected again right after logging in and opening the first thread, like a few days ago. Then I tried Chrome, which at least kept me connected, but also got disconnected after a few hours.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1061 posts

Thank you for getting back to me, @Kormac67!

Activating 2FA is recommended for account security, but in terms of improving the situation with being logged out here on Discussions, I don't believe that it will resolve the underlying issue. Users who have 2FA enabled (such as myself) need to reauthenticate more when using this site due to the fact that 2FA is leveraged here, but not on the other sites that I mentioned, so that is why I wondered if you were using it, as it might have been linked to the number of log outs. Not to worry, though.

I have previously passed forward reports that users are being logged out frequently, so it is an issue on the forum development team's radar. However, due to the fact that logging into Discussions is linked to the wider Ubisoft Connect system now (meaning that if you visit another Ubisoft site, you should find yourself already signed in due to the shared login!) it is a little more complex for them to investigate. I'll keep everyone updated as much as I can with their progress in looking into this issue, but due to the involvement of external development teams, it is taking a while.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the frequent logout issues, and I hope that it is not too bothersome. Some recommendations for troubleshooting on my side would be to test whether the same behaviour occurs in an incognito window, to ensure that if you are using a VPN that you test without using it, and also that you have a stable internet connection even when your PC is in sleep mode, as it is possible that any interruptions with that could cause a log out.

Let me know if you have any additional concerns or questions! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics