Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED Unable to re-play Trials of the Morrigan / restore Trade Posts on second playthrough | POST HERE

3 Likes/177 Replies/3665 Views
    EnXtremis
    2 posts

Hello, I am having a bit of a weird issue and I have so far not found anyone mention it with a quick google search. I am playing on an Xbox One X. So let me first say that when Wrath of the Druids was first released, I installed it and played it all the way to completion with my already saved game...and I had no issues. I decided to start the game over and play through again and I did notice some minor things that were a bit buggy for me this second play through but nothing major, mainly the talk icon would not appear above a character that you had to talk to a few times and it took some maneuvering around them to finally get it to appear which didn't happen my first playthrough. Anyway so I start playing wrath of the druids this time and following the story, I complete the very first trade post with no issues. However, after this, I started exploring Ireland with the intent of capturing all the trade posts and finishing that part of the story before proceeding. The first couple of trade posts I got to, I got no new mission for them...there were enemies inside them that I could kill but when I killed them, nothing happened. I used Odin sight and went to where I knew there was a note I had to find...but the note was not there...I kept visiting trade posts until I finally got one of them to give me a mission for it...the one that is full of wolves. Only this time, I had trouble clearing the wolves because one of them was spawning inside one of the buildings that you could not enter and the Wolf apparently could not get out of the building either. I only knew this because of the little blue arrow that appeared inside the building. I left with the mission still active, went to another trading post, cleared it again without receiving a mission for it then decided to head back to the trading post with wolves. All the had respawned but again, just last time, one of them spawned inside the same building. Finally, I got an idea, I used the piercing shot ability even though the wolf inside the building was not turning red with Odin's sight...It took a few times but I actually managed to kill it with the Piercing shot. The mission then changed to investigate the trading post. I looked everywhere...I knew I was looking for a note to tell me where the deed was and notes usually appear when you use Odin's sight but none where. I finally I went to google and learned that the note was stuck on a tree with a knife on the west side of the trading post...I even found a picture showing exactly where it is...but there is no note in my game, it just isn't there. I also tried going to where google said the deed was and it was not on the corpse when I got there...so basically I am unable to complete the Trading posts. Any advice?

• bielik01
    Original poster 847 posts

@enxtremis welcome to the forum 🙂
    ...and this has been like this for last two and a half months, I also suffer from this, as this prevents me from completing last Trial of the Morrigan and getting Irish Legend trophy.

• CKreativeLife
    4 posts

I created a new save game and started from scratch. I’m now doing the wrath of the druids in Ireland and just noticed that all my trade posts are already marked as controlled even if I haven’t been to them yet.

Anyone else experienced this?

It’s weird because it seems like my previous save game trade post progress somehow got transferred to the new one. Now I am unable to complete the Trade Post quests: it’s stuck at Locate the Trade Post, and I can’t move forward because it’s already located and it’s already controlled. 😳

I can’t complete the quest and I can’t fast travel to the trade posts either.

Platform: Xbox Series S

• CKreativeLife
    4 posts

@bielik01 has there been any progress since May?

• bielik01

@ckreativelife no at all

• EnXtremis
    2 posts

@bielik01 Oh, I didn't know it was a known issue but hopefully, that means it is close to being solved. I suppose at least I did get to play through the story once...I would have been very upset if this had been my first experience. I supposed also in a way, it is good to hear that I am not the only one experiencing this. Hopefully, they fix this in the next patch.

• CKreativeLife
    4 posts

I hope someone from Ubisoft can at least acknowledge that this is an issue that is still being looked into. It would be terrible if this just got forgotten and hidden in the backlog of all other issues.

• gamblescramble
    10 posts

Just to add to this. I just got to ireland on my second playthough after the 1.3.0 update, and I also cannot do any of the Trial of Morrigan events or restore any trade posts. So issue still occurs 😞

• bielik01

The number of the affected grows... @Ubi-Borealis, is there a way to put a higher priority for this bug, so the fix might be released sooner?

• bielik01

@Ubi-Borealis, more than 20 people took their time and reported this issue here, who knows how many affected are out there... I don't really want that much, I just want to finish the DLC I paid for, and that's the only thing that is left for me to do in Ireland, before going to Francia. How's the investigation going? I can't believe Ubisoft doesn't have enough developers... we only need one of them to find the source of this bug and fix it. How long are we supposed to wait for the fix? Please, give us some uplifting news. Playing bugged game is no pleasure, it's even pointless, and I don't think Ubisoft wants their players to give up on their product so quickly.

CC: @Mordule @Necrosh556 @guest-O9GEWXX8 @darwinultma1 @adz01101971 @marcdisalvo @x_.Bermuda._x @ChuckKatse @Margal_666 @Oni_Wun @krissyd215 @Lavatherm @El_Kassiko @DarkTrainerJess @klbente @Ainvar82171 @Micon2 @turpinj @vickyhippie @Zames1 @Olenyksi @EnXtremis @CKreativeLife

• fenriswlf1
    1 posts

Same exact issue as OP, on PC.I had a huge DLC patch and no fix. Very disappointing.

• CursedBard
    2 posts

I am on a PS4 and am having the same issues on my 2nd playthrough. Trading posts are built up at first arrival in Ireland. Rathdown looks completely built up, but the mission can be completed. My chest at Azar's stand is full the first time you visit, immediately after opening Rathdown trade post. This allows you to upgrade Dublin's Reknown and buy most items she will offer immediately. Wait for a short time and the chest will max out again. You completely clean Azar out and never went further than Rathdown. Afraid to continue in Ireland at this rate.

• StreetwiseLive
    6 posts

Having the same problem as everyone else. Trade posts and Trial of the Morrigan any update would be great. Only doing all this to get the trophies again on PS5. I hope they sort this all out before the Paris DLC. don't want to be playing on both platforms just to get the trophies.

• MykelBenji
    4 posts

Same issue as rest, Xbox Series X. I’ve gotten maybe two to actually light up with the fast travel on my second play through, but I didn’t build any buildings-they were all already there upon discovering them. Then the bed glitch happened so I stayed away -- just checked and it’s still the same case with the trade posts. 😞 it’s been ongoing since I started my second play through a few weeks ago.

• ChuckKatse
    282 posts

This bug was reported prior to the most recent update in July and it was a known issue. How much longer is it going to take before a fix is implemented. The Trials are the only event keeping my character from finishing the Wrath of the Druids DLC. It is annoying on how long it is taking UbiSoft to fix the problem.

• bielik01

@Ubi-Keo what's the status of the incident?

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3657 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for the delayed update. Thank you for continuing to share your reports regarding the issues encountered with the Trials of the Morrigan / Trade posts during subsequent playthroughs. The development team have been investigating this issue further, which is why a fix was not included in TU 1.3.0. I apologise for any disappointment that may have been caused by this.

I'm happy to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation! The development team have confirmed that they will be deploying a fix for this issue in a future update! We don't yet have a confirmed ETA for when this update will be released. As soon as we have more information to share, we will let you know within this thread and in the News & Announcements forum via patch notes.

@bielik01 - I apologise for the delayed update. The player support team aims to respond to threads as soon as they are able to, but this can take longer than anticipated when contact volumes are high within the forums. As soon as we know more about the update this fix is to be deployed with, we will let you know within the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-borealis I can't wait for that update 😁

• StreetwiseLive
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis hopefully they'll fix the PS5 trophies at the same time.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1361 posts

Hello @bielik01,

Thank you for the update!

As soon as the fix is deployed, we will let everyone know through this megathread and the patch notes 🙂

@StreetwiseLive - regarding any trophies, issues, we will also communicate resolutions when they're pushed live! 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics