Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• x-Ste95-skiiLLz
    3 posts

I have the same problem on PS5. Does anybody know a fix for this?

thanks

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2906 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about "A Cruel Destiny" together into a single megathread. This allows us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in one place. I apologise for any confusion caused by this merge.

As shared by my colleagues @Ubi-Keo & @Ubi-Spud, the issue wherein Eivor could become stuck to the ground during the boss fight with Kjotve was resolved in TU 1.1.1. As we have had no new reports of this issue persisting following TU 1.1.1, we will be marking this thread as resolved and locking it.

If you have any further trouble with "A Cruel Destiny," please don't hesitate to open a new thread and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • x-Ste95-skiiLLz
    3 posts

Still a bug which makes the game unplayable on the mission “A CRUEL DESTINY”.

When the boss runs you off the side of the cliff there is a long loading screen then when the picture appears Eivor is lay on the floor and the boss is stood further away. NOTHING IS HAPPENING AND THE GAME IS FROZE WITH JUST MUSIC PLAYING.

This is on PS5 but have heard it is happening across all platforms.

Please can you look into this

• WaffenSS666
    3 posts

Still cannot proceed with quest: A Cruel Destiny
    When fighting with Kjotve and he grab me at the shoulders and we fall down to small arena i cant move or to do something else .

(u can see it at 01:40)

• Jasper8tor
    1 posts

In the middle of the Kjotve Fight, he throws you into a pit. After the loading in the cut scene, my character freezes and just stands there. Cannot move whatsoever and no cutscene is played when there is one intended to. I have tried everything to fix this glitch, but nothing works.

• Muraxez
    1 posts

After the 3rd stage of the fight begins (it's when Kjotve put you down into the pit) nothing happens. Eivor lies on the floor and Kjotve stands somewhere in the corner. C'mon devs, how can it be in such an expensive project that main quests have some code errors or something!

• x-Ste95-skiiLLz
    3 posts

This is still a bug on PS5 even though Ubisoft have ‘patched’ it

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1198 posts

Sorry for the late response, due to the high volume of contacts it has taken longer than usual to respond. 

As this is an old thread and the issue was fixed with title update 1.1.1 I have locked it. If you experience any further issues with this quest please create a new thread and include the link to this thread.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

@deofwo Hey there, thanks for getting in touch and apologies for the delayed reply!

The issue with the boss in "A Cruel Destiny" was patched out in 1.1.1, so I hope you managed to get through it.

In terms of general stuttering/freezes, please ensure you've ran through this FAQ if this is still persisting.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to create a new thread or support case! 🙂

Official Response
  • SnirxD
    4 posts

@muraxez
    really strange , ive got no problem to finish the quest.
    try to verify the game file via ubisoft connect.
    i am playing on PC.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2906 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I've merged together several threads about "A Cruel Destiny" together into a single megathread. This allows us to keep all information and updates from an investigation in one place. I apologise for any confusion caused by this merge.

As shared by my colleagues @Ubi-Keo & @Ubi-Spud, the issue wherein Eivor could become stuck to the ground during the boss fight with Kjotve was resolved in TU 1.1.1. As we have had no new reports of this issue persisting following TU 1.1.1, we will be marking this thread as resolved and locking it.

If you have any further trouble with "A Cruel Destiny," please don't hesitate to open a new thread and we'll take a closer look.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics