Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 145 posts

So I just did the royal demand Meath: They Must Pay, which had me kill three targets in Kells Abbey while remaining undetected.

Which I did. I killed all three targets, wasn't seen once. When my objective changed to "Leave the area", I did. But it won't complete, the mission is stuck on "You must be anonymous" even though, since I wasn't detected, I've been that during the whole mission, which makes it so much more weird.

I can't fast travel, nor save in this state. Putting on my cloak does nothing. There are no enemies nearby, they're not searching for me (as they have never seen me). I've went very far from the location, nothing. I stood outside waiting for a while, nothing.

After trying everything, I went back in to kill all other bandits at the location (I only killed the three targets, 3 others and a dog, there were still several alive in the lower parts of the area). I've killed the other five still alive whilst remaining undetected, so nothing was left but an empty location. And unfortunately, nothing, still stuck on becoming anonymous.

So I had to load the last autosave (which was during the mission). I had to reconfirm the kills, all three were already dead, left the area and now they triggered correctly.

Superweird, no idea why that happened.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4118 posts

Hello there @Kennyannydenny!

Thanks for taking the time to report this issue, and to include a video as well! I've forwarded your report to the development team so they can take a closer look at why this "You must remain anonymous" prompt is remaining even after combat.

If we require any additional information, we'll reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out for future updates in the News & Announcements forum.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @Kennyannydenny!

The development team have been investigating this issue further, and they'd like to request some additional information from you. This could help them to reproduce the "anonymous" message during their testing.

Can you let us know how you originally killed the targets? You mention you weren't seen, which implies you stealth killed them. Did you kill them using the hidden blade, or by using an alternative method (such as using your bow or an ability)?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Kennyannydenny
    Original poster 145 posts

@ubi-borealis I killed them all using my predator bow, I use Petra's Arc, a guaranteed one shot headshot kill on most enemies because i'm at the lowest difficulty (killed all the targets with a one shot kill that way). Two of the three targets were at the church at the top of the town so I shot them from the church rooftop, picking off lonely targets so if they do find a corpse they just go in to investigate giving me a clear shot on them (when they stand too close to the target they hear the other person die and immediately turn around and spot you). I killed all enemies near the church (included the two targets) with my bow stealthily, without getting caught. Some guards from inside the church did see one of the corpses, investigated. While they were crouched over the corpse I shot them in the head too. Still not being seen with the side objective not failing. Then I went around the left side of the town so I could safely walk around without getting caught, to the entrace in the pallisade wall closest to the waterside. There was the last target standing guard just outside the entrance. Shot him with my bow too, went in to claim the kill (like I did earlier with the other two near the church) and then the quest said "leave the area".

Did it all whilst being undetected. When it said "leave the area" as objective, I ran pretty far as you can see in the video. Waited there for several minutes, as I thought maybe some guards were looking at corpses they found, but the last four alive were just standing guard at their regular spots. I killed all others to stealthily, until no enemies were left in the whole town. But the message was still there. The message popped up as soon as I left the enemy area (red bar at the top near the compass goes away). Going back in the area removes the message. Going back out and it immediately pops up again.

Reloading the latest auto save resulted in all three targets already being dead, but me having to reclaim all three kills. Objective updated to "leave the area", I left the area and after running maybe a few meters it completed. So the other time I was definitely far away enough.

If you need any more info, I can provide it. I can also make a video to show exactly how I walked, and from what rooftop I shot etc, it's still fresh in my memory. Or I can provide more details on anything you'd need. Just lemme know 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for providing me with such a detailed report, @Kennyannydenny! I'll pass this along to the development team to assist in the ongoing investigation. At this time, we don't need you to send us another video. If the development team need any more information from you, we'll reach out within this thread 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics