Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Micon2
    Original poster 6 posts

I cannot get the timing right to win Beat the Champion in the drinking challenge for lack of dexterity and I have watched a dozen clips that really don't give me any more help to win. I can get close but but the simulated drunken swaying gets me every time.
    I really like all I have played so far, but this impasse has been trying for more than four hours. It is just matter of timing I know 🤣.
    Wish there was a another way to get this last hint.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

@micon2 I assume first and foremost that you have no problem with pressing the A button to make Eivor drink each time right? My opinion is to get used to that rhythm. It gets faster gradually, but slowly the timing will be like an instinct to you.

After that, you will need less attention to the A button input, and then you can divert more of your attention to the swaying input.

Actually micon2, have you played the drinking game in Watch Dog (another of Ubisoft's game)? That drinking game was FAR worse. The one here in Valhalla is already very, very player-friendly.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@micon2 I found it myself difficult at the beginning as my coordination sucks 😆, but as Imaginaryruins says is all about rhythm. You will improve,trust me,if I managed to do it anyone can. Perseverance and let's get drunk!

• Micon2
    Original poster 6 posts

@imaginaryruins
    Thanks for the confidence boost, l needed that. Had a few trys at $200, so far $ 2400 lost to problem drinking.
    I can understand on higher lvls of difficulty it would be harder but personally I can not see any difference in difficulty between easy and vikingr.
    Sorry I should've said, first, I have not played any games for more than four years. Last game was mass effect 3. Elder scrolls, DAO 1,2&3, but all on PC with keyboard and mouse.
    Only had Xbox for a month.
    I was playing Origin a/C but gave away after a sea battle repetitive loss scenario.
    I'll try a few more times, I am improving. To a more positive note, drink on. Used to drink and still do on occasion so cheers ☺

• katzenkrimis71
    229 posts

The simulated drunken swaying gets me every time.

===

When I first started doing them I was terrible at it because I didn't realize that you could press the A or D button at the same time that you hit the space bar to take a drink.

I actually thought the the two were separate instructions that needed to be done as such. So I'd take a drink and hit A or D at different times.

Terrible!

When I finally realized that I could hit A or D and the spacebar at the same time, the whole mini-game became a joke. I have not lost a drinking contest since that day. And that was months ago. I bet 200 every time because nobody will ever beat me. I'd bet my entire savings account if Ubisoft Montreal would let me.

Bring it on, baby.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@micon2 I can't do them either and I'm not prepared to waste my time trying to get it right; it's a horrendously dumb mechanic and should not be required for completing unrelated goals in the game. As for the hint, in the Druids DLC, I just found it randomly lying around on a tavern table after I decided to ditch the dumb drinking due to the swaying crap (reloading saves seems to glitch this game out bad). For the one in the main game, you can google where the order member is that requires a drinking game. Lame, but life's too short to waste hours battling with dated quick time mechanics that make you want to jump out of your skin.

The difficulty in Valhalla only applies to combat. Sadly for those of us that suck at quick time events, badly implemented platforming, or stone stacking (I can actually do them though), we are stuck losing our minds or just not bothering with that stuff.

As for the ship episodes in Origins, I suggest playing Black Flag or Odyssey first, as then you will have a better idea of how to do it.

Suggested Topics