Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Nozgame
    Original poster 50 posts

Usually happens right after making a hard save, if I press the back button while it's saving, the game will crash. Sometimes it'll also crash while the menu is loading right after opening it. Also opening the menu right after loading my save will often crash the game too, nearly every time actually, unless I wait a bit. It seems like there's something about the menus that make my game crash really often. Especially if I open/close them while the game is saving.

Then of course there's the random crashes while playing, usually while fighting. It's fairly rare though but still annoying when it happens.
    I've tried checking the files and reinstalling, still getting the crashes. I've sent at least 10 to 15 crash reports by now, those might help.

It's most likely not my specs but I'll put them here anyways just in case:
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042)
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs)
    16384MB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

The game is installed on an SSD with less than a gigabyte of free space, I doubt it but could that maybe causing the issue ?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Wan
    Ubisoft Support Staff 631 posts

@nozgame Hey there, thanks for reaching out - sorry to hear about these crashes while you're playing Valhalla. I'd like to have you give the steps found here a try, to clear your system's performance. It may also be super helpful to ensure that you disable background applications while playing. 

With that said, it's always a good idea to ensure there's some extra room on your drives, to allow some breathing room for your programs being run on them.

Official Response
  • Nozgame
    Original poster 50 posts

@ubi-wan This didn't help and I knew it wouldn't since the issue comes from the game. I play a lot of other games, some more demanding than Valhalla one of them being AC Odyssey and they never or very rarely crash. I sent crash reports again, are these even useful or am I just wasting my time sending them ? I literally just crashed again 20mins ago, just went to check something on the map and it crashed. Again I'm pretty sure it's somehow related to the menus.

I also got a new bug today. I got thrown far up in the sky all of a sudden, travelled half of England in less than 5 seconds and died. Twice. Didn't take a video but I will next time, I do have screenshots though. Wasn't doing anything particular and it wasn't in a specific spot. It happened in northern Ledecestrescire, on the "island" where the offering statue is located.
    Definitely not as bad as a crash to desktop, at least the view was nice.undefinedundefined

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @Nozgame,

Thank you for the update. I'm really sorry to hear that the steps didn't help with the crashes.

In this case, could you please contact our team on our Support Site? Please attach both of the following system files:

It will help our Customer Support team to investigate this further for you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Regarding the second issue that you provided us screenshots with, it does look like a corrupted data. Have you tried verifying your game files by any chance with these steps? Many thanks!

Official Response
  • Nozgame
    Original poster 50 posts

@ubi-mark No it's not corrupted data, it's a bug. My save has never been corrupted and if it did it would tell me. I literally said that I already tried verifying the files. Twice. Also I can't contact support, your damn site is giving me an infinite loading after I log in.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 501 posts

Sorry to hear you are encountering this problem on the support page, @nozgame. Are you receiving this issue when accessing the page on mobile or a PC browser? To help remedy this issue so you are able to share your system files with us, I would recommend completing our guide Here. Please keep us posted if you still are unable to proceed after logging in.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics