Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Torean9990
    Original poster 8 posts

I literally wasted two hours on one cairn stone stacking thing tonight. Why don't you guys do something about these? If you think people are angry in what they say about them here, just look at the comments for YouTube videos trying to show you how. It's just that the expectations for these are easy at first, then somewhat reasonable, then they skyrocket to impossibility. Compound that with how clunky and slow the stones rotate, the imperfect physics, and the fact that the smallest mistake topples everything... And you have a recipe for making everyone like this game a lot less. I like a challenge, but why completely take all the fun out of something for the sake of that?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@torean9990 Well ...on a positive note the last 2 gave me a lot of hours of gameplay 😆.

Frustrating but finally managed. When I saw there were more on the DLC I almost had a heart attack, but luckily were easy.

• Torean9990
    Original poster 8 posts

@garbo3 It's good to know that the dlc ones aren't too bad.

I think I did figure out the best way last night. Be as aggressive as possible, stacking the biggest ones straight up. It's not much easier truthfully, but it's better than trying to balance stones on their side for the sole reason that using less rocks is less chance for everything to fall.

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

While I would not say Cairn stones are the best mini-game, I didn't find them frustrating at all even for that hardest one. This is not a game for quick reflexes but observation and patience (which a lot of people lack these days). For each stone stacked you want to make sure that first, the foundation is steady, and two, its top surface is as horizontal as possible, or three, that surface could complement with that of another stone. Four, always lower stones and not drop them from high above; test the stability by lowering down a stone without letting it go yet. Slow and steady wins.

And on TA, already more than 10000 people have done all Cairns in Norway + England, and that is a lot of people.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@imaginaryruins I done all of them but the last two ones in England gave me migraine hahaha.

• katzenkrimis71
    223 posts

I literally wasted two hours on one cairn stone.

===

I never had one that bad, but I'm sure I hit an hour with one in the base game.

Honestly, I had longer boss fights in this game than I did rock stacking. And a couple of those Layla puzzles were a pain in the butt, too.

The Druids expansion I must have lucked out because I banged them all off on the first try. It was strange.

Clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk, clunk...done.

Wow, that was easy. Sure didn't look like it was going to be easy.

• kreutzgang
    635 posts

@torean9990 I recommend coming back to them later if you are struggling. I couldn't do the last two in the main game at all and wasted hours on them. Then just left them for a few weeks and when I tried them again later, they were easy. I think if you fail too often it makes you lose the required patience.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kreutzgang Agree,the last two on main game drove me nuts
    So left them and came back later and still took me a while but I finally made them. Sweat
    Made me sweat 😆

• OlmerGrey
    63 posts

@torean9990
    I think it's hilarious how some of you people have so much trouble with this simple mini game.
    And it looks like ubisoft find it hilarious too, that's why they added one parody scene about this about little girl who can't put 3 stones on top of each other (she lost her parents too...).
    Ubisoft laughs at you guys and feel pity at the same time. Perhaps some passing hero will save you from naughty stones lol.

But seriously... JUST PUT STONES ON TOP OF EACH OTHER.

It's simpler than it looks 😉

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@olmergrey if it was that simple there wouldn't be as many complaints all over the Internet.

Talking about taking the [censored] there's a video of Eivor collapsing after the last stone made everything fall 😆 That was hilarious too.

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

I think I must be the only person on the planet who actually enjoys the cairns. I find them relaxing. 😲

Reminds me of the constellation puzzles in AC Origins. They were super relaxing too and pretty to look at. Also super easy.

How are people struggling so badly with these?

I even try to stack the stones in interesting ways so they look pretty lol.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@orcbeard92 Really?? Wow,I tell you the last two gave me a hard time . I wanted the platinum badly so had to do it yes or yes. The last one tried like 4 different days,probably 2 hours in total. When I finally saw the press O to validate on the screen felt a relief I can't even explain with words 😅

• OrcBeard92
    160 posts

@garbo3 I didn't really find any of them too bad honestly. It was nice to just take a pause and listen to some of the stories the characters would tell while you were doing it. I feel like a lot of people playing Valhalla approached it with the mind to just smash through it as quickly as possible, which I don't think was the point.

It's easy when you play an open world game to just tick off all the points as you go around and then the game quickly becomes a chore. I never went out of my way to find the cairns, so maybe that's why I enjoyed them more.

I hear you on the validate button, lol. But when I see it I'd be like 'hmm can I make this look better?'. Just stacking them flat is boring. I'd try to make some crazy shapes with them. I think it's good Ubi added these things because they allow you to be creative at least. A lot of the game is just smashing things up and it's pretty dark a lot of the time. Was nice to just have some space.

Suggested Topics