ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• comicmastery
    Original poster 8 posts

AC Valhalla was released almost 6 months ago. I wanted to experience the main story again before the DLC came out and I came across 2 problems. Firstly, the save system is garbage. The fact that you have to mess around with manual saves in order to have multiple different save games is annoying as hell. At one point I accidentally deleted my new story save partway through an arc because I was trying to manually save it and I accidentally overwrote the wrong save. I really don't understand why we can't have multiple save slots. Origins did it, and that made the game so much better. The ability to create new saves without having to spend a bunch of time figuring out a garbage menu is something I consider to be a basic necessity in an RPG like this. And the fact that it's so easy to accidentally delete a save like that could be remedied with more clearly defined save games.
    The second problem that I noticed was something that I consider to be way more important. Why don't we have New Game Plus already? Odyssey got New Game Plus within 4 months of its release, and Origins had it in around the same amount of time. Now it does make sense that New Game Plus would take a little more time to develop for this game, particularly because of the loot system. How can the devs handle wealth opportunities if so many of them are armor pieces that the player would already have in New Game Plus? This is a difficult issue, but there are a few solutions. One solution is to just replace all of the gear pieces and ability books with ingots, but this would get old for players who have already upgraded all of their sets. Another possibility is to replace them with huge amounts of crafting materials. Fully crafting all of the gear upgrades is much more of a grind and most players who have completed the story won't have done this. Another possibility is to add entirely new gear sets, but this is very unlikely. If a player used New Game Plus more than once, then they would still be getting duplicate items. Still the new armor sets are the most reasonable explanation I can think of for why this is taking so much time. origins also had an outfit as a reward for completing the story in New Game Plus. Maybe they're taking extra time to make sure the new game plus outfit is really good, but I'm honestly not sure that there will even be one. I don't really understand what's taking so long, but it's getting frustrating. I'm sure that the loot system would be a problem maybe 4 months ago, but at this point I would expect New Game Plus to be at least beyond the brainstorming stage.
    One of the reasons I want New Game Plus so much is to prevent further save issues like the one specified in the first paragraph. I wouldn't have had a problem with accidentally overwriting my save if my main save could be the one I replay the story in. Hell, I only even kept the original save so I could avoid all of the grinding and focus on the story before returning to my 100% save. If there was a mode where the grinding was cut out -- i don't know maybe something like NEW GAME PLUS -- it wouldn't have been necessary for me to mess with the save system and ultimately screw up my second playthrough of the story.
    Unfortunately, there's no public information on when NG+ is coming. If anyone sees this who has any knowledge about it, please respond. It would be helpful to at least have a time frame for what time of year. Obviously any Ubi people who know what's happening behind the scenes probably have to keep it confidential so I'm mainly asking for anyone to give any information they might have.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts

Unneeded as there is nothing to do...

Why play the game again, when nothing in it will change??

Grind the same drivel for what?? Just to brag you played this boring POS a second time....

Pay more attention to your save files and there is your NG+....ROFL!

Toodles!

Suggested Topics