Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Anorax3
    7 posts

@p_udding Were you using a skill or ability when it disappeared? Were you using a Melee Ability when this occurred - eg. Throwing Axe Fury ?

• Creaturve
    2 posts

Just had this happen to me, suddenly in the middle of a battle I noticed I suddenly only had 1 axe equipped, checked inventory and noticed Varins axe had just disappeared, gone.
    Tried restarting but that didn't bring it back. I've seen a couple mentioning this happening to them aswell on reddit. Hopefully Ubi takes notice and brings a fix as this is a totally gamebreaking bug

• Ptripp
    1 posts

This had happened to me twice and I had to reload my save. I throw my torch too many times and maybe the system got confused? My war hammer was gone forever, nowhere to be seen so I had to reload and now I'm afraid of using torch to burn things down.

• Anorax3
    7 posts

@creaturve were you using a special ability at the time or just normal combat?

• KINGWARZOOL
    3 posts

I do not know why this is happening but my character keeps switching between the main hand and the secondary and the fighting style completely changes. Idk maybe it's settings related if you know please help. It happens when running weapon and shield out or while fighting.

• Maiosbeard
    1 posts

As the title states one of my axes disappeared from my inventory after I played a story mission that required me to fight bare handed. Any one else know of this issue and what to do?

• majnercik94
    3 posts

@maiosbeard I've got the same issue. I've already lost 2 axes including Varin's Axe. Been searching area but didn't find it anywhere

• majnercik94
    3 posts

Hello. Im playing AC Valhalla for 2nd day and already 2 of my weapons just disapeared from inventory. First one was Varin's Axe which I lost yesterday (at some point I noticed my offhand is empty) and just now another axe disapeared again. Its impossible to progress the game if this bug will keep causing me to lose weapons.. I've been searching last area where I probably lost it but couldn't find it. I bet it happens during using torch when you want throw it, offhand being replaced instead and leaving the inventory.

Please fix this bug and send the weapons back via logs or something.

Thanks.

• Elite_alm0st.-.
    2 posts

So I was exploring, and realized I had lost one of my main weapons, Verins Axe. I was not sure why it had disappeared from my inventory but just shrugged it off and continued the game. Later it had happened again with a great sword and I realized the cause. When dual wielding weapons, if you pick up a torch off the ground, you drop one of your weapons and can’t pick it up. I would like to know if there’s any way I could get the axe back since it’s a unique weapon and there’s no way of getting it back.

• Creaturve
    2 posts

@anorax3

Hmm I can't say for sure when exactly it disappeared but I was using abilities and as well weapon swapping ( shift+T ) so it might be either one of those that trigger it to disappear

• marioxxo
    21 posts

@creaturve It's because of the torch. Here's a video from one streamer that lost weapons

https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyBrainyWoodcockPeoplesChamp

• VanelopeVonscwt
    1 posts

I find that one of my axe's will randomly drop onto the ground and leave my inventory.
    it disappears after messing around with torch's occasionally and I have to re-load an auto save to get it back.
    doesn't warn me I'm dropping it, and I've seen my dropped Varins axe on the ground and wasn't able to pick it up.

• hehe58
    4 posts

Hey, I've somehow lost two weapons after playing for a little, is it possible to get them back without losing progress?.

The item that are affected are 

The Bear Claw Axe (Dlc?)
    And Varins Axe

I had upgraded both axes a lot and now they're just gone nowhere to be found and i dont want to start a new game.

• marioxxo
    21 posts

@hehe58 you lost them forever unless you have a save with them still.

its caused by the torches

not mine video but saw on other thread.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 421 posts

@hehe58 I am sorry to hear you have lost your weapons.

This has been reported to the team and they are looking into it further.

If you can let us know what your last steps were, before you noticed the missing weapons, we can pass it onto the team.

Official Response
  • hehe58
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins I just helped Soma the Jarlskona with taking back her City, i dont remember the quest name, and then i fast traveled back to my Colony and that was when i realized I had lost those weapons. So it happened somewhere in that sequence of events.

• hehe58
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins Is it possible to get them back cus if not I've lost alot of progress with the gear...

• hehe58
    4 posts

@hehe58 I saved the game manually and then i went on to the Autosaves to check if the weapons were on any of them but unfortunately they're not on any of the autosaves (5 autosaves)

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 704 posts

Hey there! This is a very interesting one, I'm sorry you have come across it! I will get these reproduction steps up to the developers in a bug report - if you could also provide a video demo, that would be really helpful.

Obviously as a workaround, please load an earlier save so you don't lose these permanently!

Official Response
  • Jason_holm
    3 posts

Hi, is are others like me who have experienced losing their weapons after throwing a torch

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics