Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • VanelopeVonscwt
    1 posts

I find that one of my axe's will randomly drop onto the ground and leave my inventory.
    it disappears after messing around with torch's occasionally and I have to re-load an auto save to get it back.
    doesn't warn me I'm dropping it, and I've seen my dropped Varins axe on the ground and wasn't able to pick it up.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2139 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update. I'm happy to announce that the development team intend to deploy a fix for weapons/shields being knocked out of Eivor's hands in TU 1.2.2. This update will be deployed 15 June, 2021 at 2 PM CEST / 8 AM ET.

If you are still encountering issues with gear missing from your inventory following TU 1.2.2, please don't hesitate to update this thread so we can take a closer look. Please include a video that shows the following:

• You have the latest Title Update installed on your platform. You can view this information in the opening game menu in the bottom right-hand corner.
    • More information about the gear that is missing from your inventory (what it is, when it went missing, how it went missing etc).

Additionally, please ensure that you have an up-to-date save uploaded to the cloud. We can then pass these reports to the development team for further investigation.

Thank you! 😊

Official Response
  • hehe58
    4 posts

Hey, I've somehow lost two weapons after playing for a little, is it possible to get them back without losing progress?.

The item that are affected are 

The Bear Claw Axe (Dlc?)
    And Varins Axe

I had upgraded both axes a lot and now they're just gone nowhere to be found and i dont want to start a new game.

• marioxxo
    21 posts

@hehe58 you lost them forever unless you have a save with them still.

its caused by the torches

not mine video but saw on other thread.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 340 posts

@hehe58 I am sorry to hear you have lost your weapons.

This has been reported to the team and they are looking into it further.

If you can let us know what your last steps were, before you noticed the missing weapons, we can pass it onto the team.

Official Response
  • hehe58
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins I just helped Soma the Jarlskona with taking back her City, i dont remember the quest name, and then i fast traveled back to my Colony and that was when i realized I had lost those weapons. So it happened somewhere in that sequence of events.

• hehe58
    4 posts

@ubi-swaggins Is it possible to get them back cus if not I've lost alot of progress with the gear...

• hehe58
    4 posts

@hehe58 I saved the game manually and then i went on to the Autosaves to check if the weapons were on any of them but unfortunately they're not on any of the autosaves (5 autosaves)

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 675 posts

Hey there! This is a very interesting one, I'm sorry you have come across it! I will get these reproduction steps up to the developers in a bug report - if you could also provide a video demo, that would be really helpful.

Obviously as a workaround, please load an earlier save so you don't lose these permanently!

Official Response
  • Jason_holm
    1 posts

Hi, is are others like me who have experienced losing their weapons after throwing a torch

• Ubi-Spud

@ghilliedrush Hey there, are you referring to the axe throw ability? I use this axe as my main weapon and haven't lost it, so if you could provide a video that I could pass along to the developers, that would really help them pinpoint the issue!

Official Response
  • ihascookies
    2 posts

So yeah, ever since I got it, I have been using Fafnir's fang, and upgraded it as much as I could. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but its now gone from my account, restarting doesn't the save help, and the only way to get the spear again is return to a previous save and lose about 2 hours of progress.

I'm not sure what else I could say, I'm not sure exactly when it disappeared, but two things of note is that I had just received a second spear fyrd spear, and I was weapon swapping between the Fafnir's Fang spear and a 2h axe using shift and T right before a cut scene. So maybe either of those things caused this.....

• ihascookies
    2 posts

So important update, I have figured out the issue!

If you have the dual swap skill unlocked, and then pull out a torch and use the dual swap skill, Eivor will drop one of his weapons on the floor and you will lose it permanently! Note that torch and dual swap both need to be bound to one key for this to occur, which is the standard setting for PC....

It would be great if the devs could take a look into this, and maybe reunite me with my spear 😊

• P_UDDING
    11 posts

@anorax3 Don't know honestly. But I was using throwing axes a lot bc its a nice skill but I never lost an axe from it.

• Kings_Jester
    1 posts

So has anyone tried changing the key binding for torch or weapon swap to see if that works?

• rasmusadson
    10 posts

Also to clarify the weapons name is Doppelhander and my Jomsviking can still equip it, only missing from my inventory. Luckily I got the Moonlight out of nowhere but still scared to spend resources to upgrade gear.

• ahduu
    4 posts

I spent 350H to get the Berserkers Axe just for it to disappear from my inventory

• Dough-.
    2 posts

Same happened to me on pc 40 hours in and lost varins axe mid fight

• Ph33rTheDark
    1 posts

@yaganaro same problem here too, Varin's axe completely dissapeared for the second time now. First time happened when pulling out a torch, I noticed that time and could reload the game. But now I can't cause I didn't notice untill it was too late. Ubisoft, please fix this and replace lost items.

• Ubi-Spud

Hey folks.

We're aware of this issue and have reported it up to the developers. Any updates to this will be addressed in a future patch. Thank you for your patience! The only workaround at the moment would be to reload a save in which you still had the weapon.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 127 posts

@ptripp
    This has been reported to the game dev team and is currently being investigated in order to get resolved

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics