Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

@ghilliedrush Hey there, are you referring to the axe throw ability? I use this axe as my main weapon and haven't lost it, so if you could provide a video that I could pass along to the developers, that would really help them pinpoint the issue!

Official Response
  • ihascookies
    2 posts

So yeah, ever since I got it, I have been using Fafnir's fang, and upgraded it as much as I could. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but its now gone from my account, restarting doesn't the save help, and the only way to get the spear again is return to a previous save and lose about 2 hours of progress.

I'm not sure what else I could say, I'm not sure exactly when it disappeared, but two things of note is that I had just received a second spear fyrd spear, and I was weapon swapping between the Fafnir's Fang spear and a 2h axe using shift and T right before a cut scene. So maybe either of those things caused this.....

• ihascookies
    2 posts

So important update, I have figured out the issue!

If you have the dual swap skill unlocked, and then pull out a torch and use the dual swap skill, Eivor will drop one of his weapons on the floor and you will lose it permanently! Note that torch and dual swap both need to be bound to one key for this to occur, which is the standard setting for PC....

It would be great if the devs could take a look into this, and maybe reunite me with my spear 😊

• P_UDDING
    11 posts

@anorax3 Don't know honestly. But I was using throwing axes a lot bc its a nice skill but I never lost an axe from it.

• Kings_Jester
    1 posts

So has anyone tried changing the key binding for torch or weapon swap to see if that works?

• rasmusadson
    10 posts

Also to clarify the weapons name is Doppelhander and my Jomsviking can still equip it, only missing from my inventory. Luckily I got the Moonlight out of nowhere but still scared to spend resources to upgrade gear.

• ahduu
    4 posts

I spent 350H to get the Berserkers Axe just for it to disappear from my inventory

• Dough-.
    2 posts

Same happened to me on pc 40 hours in and lost varins axe mid fight

• Ph33rTheDark
    1 posts

@yaganaro same problem here too, Varin's axe completely dissapeared for the second time now. First time happened when pulling out a torch, I noticed that time and could reload the game. But now I can't cause I didn't notice untill it was too late. Ubisoft, please fix this and replace lost items.

• Ubi-Spud

Hey folks.

We're aware of this issue and have reported it up to the developers. Any updates to this will be addressed in a future patch. Thank you for your patience! The only workaround at the moment would be to reload a save in which you still had the weapon.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Ginge
    Ubisoft Support Staff 135 posts

@ptripp
    This has been reported to the game dev team and is currently being investigated in order to get resolved

Official Response
  • IFrike
    22 posts

@ubi-spud I also checked out a reddit thread and I *might* be wrong in my actual reproduction. It might just be the overlapping keybinds for 'Torch' and 'Dual Swap' that interfere, so that when you swap your weapons you also pull out a torch at the same time. I'm unsure if then using 'Dual Swap' a second time is what causes the game to get confused and lose your weapon, or if it is when actually getting rid of the torch that it disappears. Changing the keybind for one of the action supposedly stops it from happening so the issue might be triggering both at the same time and not simply doing it in sequence as I thought.

https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscreed/comments/js2nru/dont_purchase_packs_in_assassins_creed_valhalla/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

• IFrike
    22 posts

@Ubi-Spud After changing the keybinds for 'Dual Swap' from Shift+T (which interfered with T for 'Torch') to Shift+L I am no longer able to reproduce the issue. So the issue seems to have been that the game activates both abilities at the same time but "loses track of" one weapon when it also equips a torch in one hand. After changing the keybinds I was not able to trigger 'Dual Swap' at all with one axe in my main hand, a torch in the other and my second axe safely on my hip.

• Ubi-Spud

Hey guys! We are aware of an issue with weapons being dropped and unrecoverable. this can happen when dual swapping, and taking out the torch. The issue is under investigation and any updated will be communicated in the forums. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • Iamien
    5 posts

Not seeing this in the known issue thread so posting here. This needs to be fixed high priority. This happened in dasMehdi's twitch stream. The clip is to the segment where he successfully re-creates the error after having discovered the issue the first time 10 minutes earlier, if the Full VOD is available. His Hammer gets dropped with no use of the inventory screen.

Clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/LazyBrainyWoodcockPeoplesChamp

There is a very good chance that dual swapping after pulling a torch and then using torch drop might drop a weapon erroneously, with the only option to recover it being to load a old save.

• Iamien
    5 posts

https://v.redd.it/wib1ogde6zy51

Even without dual swap, it seems like sheathing weapons after dropping a torch drops the weapons.

• The_Iron_Panda
    8 posts

Had a dagger and after using the torch to burn some stuff down it, the dagger magically warps away from my inventory.

• Iamien
    5 posts

Bump, need acknowledgement.

• Ozrick_Major
    3 posts

Through some combination of swapping hands and using the torch or swapping hands with torch equipped my weapon falls out of my hand and I cant get it back. I have now lost my Varin’s Axe. Can you please fix this bug and also give me back my Varin’s Axe. I had upgraded it to bronze and had a +3.2 attack rune on it.

On a side note I cannot access support chat AT ALL. Just sits there loading on mobile and on web browser pc it wont even load at all after signing in.

• SofaJockey
    169 posts

@ozrick_major Just reload the save before you dropped it?

Even if this bug was 'fixed' to stop it happening, how could the axe be re-issued to you?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics