ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

Apparently there's a bug where The Rake doesn't get revealed, right? It looks like I have the exact opposite of that. I haven't even killed The Oil and yet it seems that I know who The Rake is.undefined

Maybe this is connected with the clue for The Oil that I got way too soon. I got it after killing The Vault in Jorvik. From what I know you're not supposed to get it then. I don't have a screenshot for that though.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Kormac67
    1095 posts

@philyg213 Some members get unveiled by the story without killing all lesser members first. Don't know if it's the case here.
    And you can kill most of them without any clues if you encounter them before.

• PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@kormac67 Not so in this case. I didn't do anything story related for her.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2757 posts

Hello @PhilyG213,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Some of the members are being revealed as a part of your Arc's progression. Can you please provide us with your alliance map and your active objectives screenshots, so we can have a look?

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@ubi-mark Here is the screenshot of my current quests
    undefined

and here are the screenshots of my current alliance map.
    undefined

undefined

I have to say that these screenshots were taken long after I noticed the problem. Furthermore I don't think the clue for the Oil I got was in any way story related. I got the clue after killing the Vault in Jorvik and this is not when you're supposed to get it. I found a guide online which says that the first clue for the Oil you're supposed to get for killing a Zealot. The second and third clues are both found in Hamtunshire where I haven't properly set my foot in yet. I didn't do any main or side content or collected anything there.

The Rake should have been revealed after the rest of her branch got killed but I haven't revealed the Oil nor have I killed him yet.

• PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@ubi-mark
    I still would like an answer for this. I don't think this was supposed to happen.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there @PhilyG213!

I apologise for the delayed response. It's certainly odd that The Rake has been revealed prior to you discovering the identity of the Oil. To my knowledge, the Oil is not one of the story-related members of the Order. I do know that the last three members of the Wardens of Faith (The Quill, The Gallows and The Seax) are story-related. Would you be able to provide us with some more information so we can investigate this further?

• Which clues have you collected for The Oil?
    • Which clues have been collected for The Rake?
    • Was The Rake automatically revealed upon defeating The Seax? Or was she revealed at a later point?
    • Are you able to track The Rake? If so, does she appear on your map like any other member of the Order would?

You may find it easier to show us which clues have been collected already in a video. If you'd like to share a video, please can you first upload it to a sharing platform (such as YouTube or Google Drive) before posting a link within this thread. This will help us to take a closer look at the issue you're encountering.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@ubi-borealis No need for videos if pictures work too 🙂

Before doing all this I did a manual save because I wanted experiment with the targets a little bit in order to answer your questions. I made pictures before and after the save.

Which clues have you collected for The Oil?
    At this point only one. The clue I was supposed to get from killing The Adze that I actually got from killing The Vault.

Which clues have been collected for The Rake?
    All six of them, even the one from The Oil even though I haven't killed him yet at the point of taking this picture.

Was The Rake automatically revealed?
    She got revealed after I killed The Sickle. The Sickle gave me the last clue to identify The Rake because I already had the clue from The Oil who I didnt kill yet.

Are you able to track The Rake? If so, does she appear on your map like any other member of the Order would?
    She does. I can track her, I can see her on the map and I can also kill her without having to kill The Oil beforehand.

After this I wanted to see how the mission Breaking the Order would go next. After killing The Rake I gave the rest of the medallions I had to Hytham to see what would happen next but nothing did. Only after killing The Oil and giving even more medallions to Hytham did I get the mission to find The Father.

After this I reloaded my manual save because I wanted to kill The Oil first before killing The Rake. I only killed her first now to see what would happen next but that wasn't my prefered game style.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for all of that additional information, @PhilyG213! I'll pass this along to the development team so they can investigate this issue further.

You mention that you have a manual save you can access prior to killing the Rake. Is this correct? If so, can you please ensure that this is your most up-to-date cloud save? The best way to do this is to load up the save where the Rake has been revealed (but not killed), and to manually re-save this file. You can then check if it has been uploaded to the cloud by looking for cloud icon on the save. This will allow the team to investigate the issue further with a save file wherein the Rake is alive.

Once you've ensured your earlier save is the most recent cloud save, please can you let me know within this thread? I can then ensure this save is collected for the development team.

Also, you mention that you were still able to collect all of the medallions and hand them over to Hytham (albeit out of order) to being "The Poor Fellow-Soldier." Have you been able to successfully complete this quest and find out who the Father is? Or have you not progressed with this quest?

Thanks!

Official Response
  • PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@ubi-borealis Oh yeah I was able to finish everything. After I killed The Rake I gave some medallions to Hytham to see what would happen. Nothing happened. So I killed The Oil and gave the rest of the medallions to Hytham after which the the missions The Letter and The Poor Fellow-Soldier were unlocked. I was able to complete both of them with no problems. I could check out Aelfreds study, I was able to inform Hytham of who the Grand Maegester was and I even recieved Thors cloak at the end.

undefined

Here's the thing with the manual cloud save. I can provide you with it, The Rake and The Oil still live on it but I already went ahead and found the second clue for The Oil. Everything else is the same. I hope that's not a problem, I just didn't know you would want the save file.
    You probably need to know my username and the console I play on, right? It's PhilyG213 and I play on XBox One

• PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@ubi-borealis And if possible give me a heads up when you have what you're looking for. I'm almost at 100% and want to finish the game soon. Only thing left to do is killing the rest of the order members and the Saint Faith quest.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for letting me know that you were still able to progress with "The Poor Fellow-Soldier," @PhilyG213, and that this issue hasn't seemed to impact your ability to complete the Order quests. Even though you've found the Order members out of order, it doesn't look like this issue will affect your ability to successfully complete all of the Order quests. That being said, I'm still going to forward your report to the development team for further investigation, as this isn't intended behaviour.

Also, thank you for letting me know that in your new manual save, you've been able to collect an additional clue. This should still be fine, as the main issue here is that you're able to find and kill The Rake before you've found and killed The Oil.

I've passed on all the information you've provided to the development team so they can take a closer look at this issue. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, I would recommend checking out the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

I would also recommend following our dedicated Megathread for "Saint Faith," if you aren't already, as we will be sharing additional information and updates from the investigation within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • PhilyG213
    Original poster 86 posts

@ubi-borealis Thank you for the help. Because you said you might still need something I just made another manual save that I just won't touch until you need me to. However I will continue playing on a second save.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for creating a separate save, @PhilyG213. You should be absolutely fine to continue playing on your second save! If we do require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread. In the meantime, please keep an eye out within the News & Announcements forum for any future updates.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • kibric777
    7 posts

I cant post new thread.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @kibric777!

To create a new thread, you first need to go to the main Player Support front page. In the top right-hand corner, there should be a green button you can press to start a new topic. Please include as much information as possible about the issue you're encountering, and the player support team will take a closer look as soon as they're able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics