Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • subtlegamer
    Original poster 3 posts

After defeating the beast I receive the payouts of skill point and resources, however it does not flag the mystery as being complete. Even odder than that, from the encounter on, the game stops auto-saving or manually quick saving. The only way to resolve the save issues are to completely exit the game and restart it. After the reload of the game, auto and quick saves start working again, however the mystery still remains uncompleted.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 586 posts

@subtlegamer I'm sorry to hear that the mystery 'O Yan Do Ne' has not been marked as complete. Does the icon still show on the map or has it disappeared?

Could you provide a video of the issue. In the video can you show your map to show that the icon is still visible if it hasn't disappeared and can you show that all other mysteries on the Vinland map have been completed. Can you then go to the location where you killed the moose to show that it is dead.

With regards to the auto and quick saves not working, this is a known issue and the development team are intending to fix this with a future update. Please keep checking the known issues list and the news and announcements page for updates.

Official Response
  • subtlegamer
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-keo I do not have a video of the incident. The beast icon on the map was crossed out and the body of the Moose was there. The first time I played through I did not complete all the mysteries. From what I have read online I only missed one. I started Vinland over again looking to see if any mystery wasn't getting flagged as complete. I had completed the outlying mysteries, except for the Cairn (missed it the first time around) and the Moose. It wasn't until this second run-through that I noticed the mystery didn't flag after the kill. I loaded from a quick save right before it and hilled him again with the same effect. I get the payouts but the blue box does not get filled. After reading the forum and not finding a similar issue I submitted this thread and decided to reload to a save before going to Vinland. From there I have moved on to Essex. After I complete Essex I could try again and next time complete all the mysteries and see what happens.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 733 posts

Thank you for sharing more information about this, @subtlegamer!

It does sound like a strange behaviour, if I'm completely honest with you. As you mentioned that you reloaded your save already, can you please provide us with a short footage when you reach Vinland once again? It will help us to investigate it further for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • subtlegamer
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-mark, I am surprised to report that my most recent playthrough of Vinland completed successfully. I saved O Yan Do' Ne and the Toothbreakers final mystery for last. I then killed the beast and to my surprise it filled in the mystery square. Even the auto-save and quick save functions continued to work. After that I completed the Toothbreakers mystery, the final square filled in, then all the mysteries were completed.

Kindly,
    SubtleG.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 360 posts

I appreciate you updating us here, @subtlegamer. Also happy to hear you were able to successfully complete mysteries during this playthrough. Please keep us posted if you run into any further issues like this that we can look into with you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics