Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Yesin069
    Original poster 548 posts

Where are news about the next title update? The 5 weeks are over today and we heard not a single word about any updates. Even on the PS5 Database is nothing to be found. Ubisoft are able to go back to the every-2-weeks-release-cycle for microtransaction gear packs but made us wait a whole week longer for updates. No they are even silent about them and silently make 6 weeks just because a story DLC (just for buyers) was released in between?

I still do not care about the DLC because i still want a polished main game first. Release updates a little bit faster and tell us more about them earlier. This is just terrible handling of updates for a broken game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• isuwhat
    186 posts

@yesin069 ironically the switch to the 5 week working window was part of the 'improved dialogue' Ubisoft wanted to give us players.

maybe the #holdubisoftaccountable stuff is why we are now back to radio silence

• Yesin069

@isuwhat

I praised them at the time for the better communication but as we know Ubisoft it is just damage control and changed nothing. The last update introduced a bunch of new bugs and the 5 week release schedule was a lie. Maybe the patch will come out on thursday but there is nothing on the PS5 Databse by now. Usually it takes a week for the patch to release after it is added to this database. So it doesnt look promising that we get anything.

A decent company would speak up early to tell us that the update will be delayed or that it still will come out this week. Why is it so hard to communicate with us? Just ask the devs if the patch will be ready on time or not and tell us yes this week or no later! This should just need a simple telephone call to a person that knows stuff like that.

Sadly Ubisoft cant release patches when they want to. When you look at updates for AC they stick to the roadmap like they will burn in hell if they try to release something earlier. Because of Covid a lot of games get out buggy but other teams are very dynamic when it comes to patches. They even release updates on saturday if needed. Ubisoft sticks to tuesday and thursday like this is their religion and they need to stick to the rules.

Just fix some bugs like the autosave bug and other major bugs faster and as soon as possible. For the other stuff they can take their time as long as they need to. Just fix major issues faster, this is it! We already know that they fixed a lot of bugs that will be fixed with the next update. Why cant they release those crucial fixes in a separate update and faster. I really do not care for those incoming mastery challenges that will come with the next update. Surely these are the reason for the delay and the silence. All the new "free content" is just bad and i would have hoped that they concentraded more on the main experienced and added features to the main game, instead of focusing on events and game modes. They are really not fun at all and just take time from the devs that would be better spent in other things.

• B00MSIE
    307 posts

@yesin069

On the Xbox savegames are unstable for 7 months now. I probably lost already more then 60 hours because of Ubisofts incompetence. Endless reports of thousands of players on Twitter/reddit/this forum, but they do not even acknowledge it.

• Yesin069

@b00msie

Ok, this is heavy stuff...

I just started having this problem since the last update and just stopped playing at all. At least their microtransactions are going on every two weeks...this is their weekly content for us.

They should instead look at huge issues like savegame bugs. I just want to finish the main game to see the ending and throw this garbage away from my SSD to focus on better games. It is just annoying being stopped from playing so close to the ending without any chance to rollback to earlier updates.

Just look at Watch Dogs: Legion and how they handle updates their. The team is doing a whole better job there. They released patches every very fast at launch and even delayed everything else to polish the game first. They also fix a lot of PC-specific problems and show that they do not forget platfrom specific problems. In AC there are just "performance and stability improvements" with every update that i have never was able to see, feel or measure. It just got worse or fixed one problem and made at leats two new ones appear which lets us wait for another month or 5 weeks now to hope for any fix...

• ChuckKatse
    245 posts

Look on the bright side. They managed to still put out another useless armor set June 1st in their store. Title update who knows that has never been their priority. Weeks of reporting on the Sickle bug and still nothing done.

• B00MSIE
    307 posts

@chuckkatse

I really wonder why people buy that stuff for a broken game. I’m not a professional tester, just an occasional gamer. Am I the only one that encounters so many bugs? Sometimes it is just comical. I never got stuck on stairs in an AC game, in Valhalla I get stuck on almost any stair. Enemies are stuck in walls, rocks etc, only seen that in Unity. Enemies are blind, deaf, but have supernatural senses which allows them to see you through walls, but not when you kill the guy next to them. Almost daily crashes, sometimes the game does not start at all. In the campaign the crashes were mostly just before finishing a part of the main story line. After playing for 2 hours, the game says it can not save and had not saved for 2 hours. Or the game says it saved, but next restart all previous savegames are gone (the famous Xbox quick resume bug)

And I can go on and on, because I also seem to have encountered every other bug mentioned on this forum. Had to restart the whole game, because of bugs etc etc. So I really wonder, which people buy those armors? It seems impossible there are players that had no bugs at all. Like the stairs stuck thing? That must be happening to everybody?

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@b00msie oh yes,found many bugs,and new ones with every update are to be expected.
    I never found such a bugged game in my whole life ,and I am 45. Lost hours of gameplay as had to load previous save in order to continue main story. Since then I manual save every two steps I take in this game.
    Now just waiting for siege of Paris,but got no big hopes tbh. The lack of difficulty scalating bores me big time. And if they delay it for September as rumours say is possible I don't even play it as won't have any motivation as theres no repayable content at all that keeps me interested. Wasted money. I did like the game a lot ,bugs aside,but the dlc was a let down talking about difficulty.

• ChuckKatse
    245 posts

@garbo3 I don't think Ubisoft tests their new content before releasing it and I think that is the problem. However, I could be wrong.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@chuckkatse you are right , we are the testers 🤣

• Yesin069

@garbo3

Sadly this is true!

Valhalla for me still is an early access game. You can see this in many places. Many systems like the rune system, the inventory and other fundamental stuff are not finished yet.

We early buyers are the beta testers for full price. The others who buy the game next november will get the finished game for 20 dollars.

• Yesin069

Still nothing on @PlaystationSize on Twitter...

Chances are near 0 that we get an update this week. And as we know Ubisoft they will never say anyting in advance. Just when it is too late they will MAYBE comment on the delayed update.

They had 5 weeks now to work on that update. I dont care that much about fixes for the DLC because it is just 2 weeks old but I do care about the fixes for the main game that will be in that update. They clearly try to implement many fixes for the DLC as well. This is why I hate releasing DLC for a broken game. The devs just have no time to fix all things and test them properly. It is just too much to handle.

Furthermore as we know Ubisoft it will never ever happen that they release an AC update on friday or saturday. They have the bad habbit in sticking to their plans as dogmatic as it could be. Tuesday or Thursday...the week does not have more days than those two right...

If Ubisoft wants to be transparent, they should not lie in our faces and tell us that they need more time and will release updates every 5 weeks. Just release those update when they are ready! No need to hold them back, just to stay on the roadmap that makes everything worse for everybody. Game developement needs some type of roadmaps or deadlines but Ubisoft has taken this too far. In game developement they should always react dynamically to the circumstances. When there are issues that block progress, a patch needs to be out ASAP. No need to fix the problem today and hold it back for the big update in 5 weeks.

Sorry, if I repeat myself but it is really annoying at that point for me. I have 3 arcs left to finis hthe game and wait for nearly two months now to just finish the last bit of the game. I already forgot what the hell the story was about and where I actually am at the story right now. I am just spawning in the middle of nowhere, forgotten what I was aiming to do last. Just because Ubisoft doesnt want to hurry up and release a small update that fixes save issues...

• longjohn119
    538 posts
    @b00msie

Ok, this is heavy stuff...

I just started having this problem since the last update and just stopped playing at all. At least their microtransactions are going on every two weeks...this is their weekly content for us.

They should instead look at huge issues like savegame bugs. I just want to finish the main game to see the ending and throw this garbage away from my SSD to focus on better games. It is just annoying being stopped from playing so close to the ending without any chance to rollback to earlier updates.

Just look at Watch Dogs: Legion and how they handle updates their. The team is doing a whole better job there. They released patches every very fast at launch and even delayed everything else to polish the game first. They also fix a lot of PC-specific problems and show that they do not forget platfrom specific problems. In AC there are just "performance and stability improvements" with every update that i have never was able to see, feel or measure. It just got worse or fixed one problem and made at leats two new ones appear which lets us wait for another month or 5 weeks now to hope for any fix...

The save bug is actually worse than most people even realize ..... All those "Unable to progress" "Unable to proceed" and other similar bugs (I looked at the new list posted today and lost count at 50 and I estimate there are at least 60 of them right now) are all caused by a bug in the autosave/quicksave code ..... A lot of the crashing issues in the game also look to be related to the autosave/quick save code ......

If your staff can't figure it out then you go "headhunting" and hire someone who can ....... Or hire an outside consultant to look at the code .... Yes those types aren't cheap but in the long run you'll save time, money, and mostly importantly your reputation

• Yesin069

@longjohn119

Sadly their Anvil Engine ad heavy use of multi-layered-DRM-solutions prevent any talented guy from taking a closer look to the game files or mod the game in any capacity. We all know by now that if the devs dont close their files too much to some tweaking, that talented people always find ways to fix bugs faster than the devs. GTAV got an official update that reduced loading times by 70% just because a guy found a flaw in some code.

Give people the option to get easier into your files and we all will have a better time. I am pretty sure some talented people would be able to fix every issue that we currently have in this game, when they get the option to look closer at the files.

Sadly Ubisoft is more focused on being as close as possible against piracy and layer stuff like Denuvo, VMprotect and other stuff into their games. It is nearly impossible to mod any Ubisoft game or have a closer look at some code. The only things that we can find are some gear sets that get in with patches or mission stuff that will leak some future happenings.

• isuwhat
    186 posts

@yesin069 what's also sad about creating a closed loop code is you won't get some incredible and amazing mods people could potentially make. 1 making a game a lot more fun and creating a whole lot more content on youtube etc and 2. someone might come up with a truly inventive idea that Ubisoft might actually incorporate into future games

• Yesin069

At least we got a huge hotfix yesterday that fixed two huge issues...those two issues where so big that they appeared in my nightmares...expecially avenge quests that nobody cares about at this point...

This was worth 5 weeks wait...thank you Ubisoft...

Looking that they released a hotfix yesterday, there is not a chance that we will get an update this week. But still not a single word about the delay. At least the microtransactions never get delayed. Every two weeks you can trust them, that there will be new stuff to buy with real money. But dont expect bug fixes to come in time.

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@yesin069 No,no update next week,no communication with customers either,we are slowly getting tired. I found a new bug yesterday that made me fast travel 3 times to arrive to a Redas daily mission as twice in a row when I arrived to my destination after fast travelling the mission had moved somewhere else in the map.
    Taking into account the loading times on PS4 sounded like Reda wanted to take the mock out of me.
    I made a video,then thought... whats the point to open a thread when they are going to do nothing about it?? .Theres people stuck in the MAIN STORYLINE for 6 MONTHS!!!
    Nah,am tired of been taking for a guinea pig. Never again will buy an Ubisoft game at launch,will wait a minimum of 8 months.
    Save money and bugs.

• Yesin069

@garbo3

I stopped playing immediately after the last update 1.2.1 arrived because the save system broke and i noticed it directly. I also encountered the UI bug where the UI just appears in different places which also annoys the hell outta me and should be an easy fix. This is why i dont know which bugs that update also introduced.

Happily I play on PC with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD, so loading is fast enough, but it still takes too long compared to other open-world games with a NVMe-SSD.

PS: Here is a great video about Valhalla regarding bloated worlds and XP-boosters:

• Garbo3
    648 posts

@yesin069 I got a PS5 and there's literally no loading times,but won't play valhalla on it until they fix the trophies issue.This game is a constellation of bugs. I play like 15 minutes a day to check Reda shop as I am after two armour sets. Once I get them won't touch it again until siege of Paris ,hopefully this time theres difficulty scalating.

• Yesin069

@garbo3

There is acutally no need in playing Ubisoft games until the very last update arrives. Sadly they bloated their roadmaps from 6 month support to over 1 year of support. First this sounds great but if you take a closer look and compare this new model to the shorther roadmaps, you can see that the content we get stays the same. It just takes longer until we get it and gets hold back to give us some tidbits every month.

Things like NG+ took them 2 or 3 months in Origins-days. Now we wont get it until maybe 1 year after the launch of Valhalla. The only tactic behind these shady practices is, that they bind us longer to their games so the possibility rises that we buy some microtransactions. The only constant thing that Ubisoft will always deliver on-time are their microtransaction gear packs and Reda offering because those will also rise the possibility that we want to complete a set and just buy the leftovers with real money.

You clearly see with Ubisoft games that the PR team has more power than even the devs. I am sure the devs want to fix every bug in this game as soon as possible but they just are nor allowed to do so. They need to collect all fixes for one huge 20 GB update every 5, 6 or 8 weeks.

I worked in PR (until I started hating myself and stopped), so I look threw all those shady tactics. AC games are just a platform to sell us more stuff. The devs have just the best intentions but they get orders to make long games and not enough time to fill them with quality.

A game with a map that huge should at least have 5 years of dev time to be any good. They just had 3 years and scandals and a stupid pandemic to deal with. Now we have this early-access game which needs to be finished. In the end it will take them 4 years to really finish Valhalla. Also the devs will get all the hate because they "cant code" or "make great content". In the end they were forced to get this game out last November and stick to a stupid roadmap that some PR guys did for them.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics