Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1324 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for reaching out about the next title update!

While we don't have any official information on the release date for the next title update at the moment, we will share them with all of you as soon as we gather more information from the development team.

Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

@ubi-mark

Thanks for the reply, but we already knew the release date...5 weeks after the last update which should have been last tuesday...

The next thing that a decent company would do is, telling us why they lied into our faces with this "from every 4 weeks to every 5 weeks" which wasnt true. I dont count the DLC as a title update because it was a separate thing and just for buyers. 5 weeks are over and we just get hotfixes for issues where just some specific people having problems with. The big things are still there and I would expect a statement, why they lied, why they delayed the update and why they gone back to release microtrasnactions every 2 weeks after the shitstorm got a little more quiet after the fact that we can buy more armor than we have in the game (which still is the case).

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 Is good to learn from someone that knows the industry,things are much clearer now thank you. The development team follows orders,I know what is to work under pressure and short of staff doing 3 people job and being payed only for one person lol. Thank you for your explanations.
    Whats a PR BTW? Sorry for my lack of knowledge but game or computer insights is alien to me .Thanks 😊

• Yesin069

@garbo3

Oh god, i am no expert but i know how PR for huge companies usually works. I am just assuming that it is the same with Ubisoft because i see exactly the same patterns here.

PS: PR stands for public relations and just means marketing when you break it down.

It feels like the game had to fit the marketing campaign and not the other side around. They wanted to sell the #LikeAViking, so the game should be more about vikings. Who cares about assassins in an AC game, right? Just some passionate devs like Darby McDevitt really wanted to add as much AC feeling as possible and give connections to every title before. In the end they wanted to market a viking game and the devs needed to implement as much viking-feel as possible. This is why i made the assumption that the marketing team has more power than even Creative Directors or Lead staff in the dev team.

When you want to make a hastag for an AC title, it should always be #LikeAnAssassin and nothing else. If we want to play as a brute-force viking we should get the option to do so but dont destroy this IP just to sell us things that would be better fitted in other games.

I want that the devs get more power and creative freedom for their games. Let them make the game they want and think about how to market this after the fundamentals are in place.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 oh,thanks for your explanation. In Spain PR is RRPP so I didn't get that.
    Yes,they are heading that way, AC preserves the name for marketing purposes only ,they should start a new IP to be fair to the fans of the saga .
    I will be honest I never liked stealth,I rather direct confrontation, I played all AC apart from unity. So though I enjoyed all of them I rather the path they took from origins. I like the viking way,but is not an AC anymore.
    Now waiting to see when and what next update bring us.

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    @garbo3

I stopped playing immediately after the last update 1.2.1 arrived because the save system broke and i noticed it directly. I also encountered the UI bug where the UI just appears in different places which also annoys the hell outta me and should be an easy fix. This is why i dont know which bugs that update also introduced.

Happily I play on PC with a Samsung 970 Evo Plus SSD, so loading is fast enough, but it still takes too long compared to other open-world games with a NVMe-SSD.

PS: Here is a great video about Valhalla regarding bloated worlds and XP-boosters:

I was way ahead of the curve .... I quit playing way back on November 11 when it became obvious there was a major autosave bug that would likely impede my progress and because the Aim Assist was completely broken so I couldn't play the game the way I wanted to and still have fun ....

Sadly neither issue has been fixed yet and new ones have popped up like the low FPS/CPU usage problems and I['m not even going to attempt playing the game until these major issues are confirmed to be fixed so now I'm getting ready to play a highly modded version of Witcher 2 that I finished modding last night including manually combining several mods that touch the same scripts meaning I had to manually merge them which was another learning experience since there are no script merging tools like with Witcher 3 and all the scripts are packed into a single file ..... That's the nice thing about "Compiled at Runtime" scripting engines like those used by CDPR, Rockstar and Bethesda because they allow you to do things like fix overlooked bugs, rebalance or enhance the economy and/or combat as well as all the graphics upgrades

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    @garbo3

Oh god, i am no expert but i know how PR for huge companies usually works. I am just assuming that it is the same with Ubisoft because i see exactly the same patterns here.

PS: PR stands for public relations and just means marketing when you break it down.

It feels like the game had to fit the marketing campaign and not the other side around. They wanted to sell the #LikeAViking, so the game should be more about vikings. Who cares about assassins in an AC game, right? Just some passionate devs like Darby McDevitt really wanted to add as much AC feeling as possible and give connections to every title before. In the end they wanted to market a viking game and the devs needed to implement as much viking-feel as possible. This is why i made the assumption that the marketing team has more power than even Creative Directors or Lead staff in the dev team.

When you want to make a hastag for an AC title, it should always be #LikeAnAssassin and nothing else. If we want to play as a brute-force viking we should get the option to do so but dont destroy this IP just to sell us things that would be better fitted in other games.

I want that the devs get more power and creative freedom for their games. Let them make the game they want and think about how to market this after the fundamentals are in place.

The sad part about that is games like Witcher 3 (especially Skellige) and Skyrim seems to have more of a Norse/Viking feel to them than Valhalla does despite having more a fantasy/magic element to them .... and of course elves .....

• ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

I was just thinking the same thing: 5 weeks are over but not only no update but even no news about it?

I already knew I had to take that 5-week-patch news with a pinch of salt, but this is still disappointing - empty promises.

And the Mastery Challenge, and perhaps the next settlement festival? Correct me if I am wrong, but should they not come in late spring? It is June and definitely spring is over long ago.

• afewscarsmore
    76 posts

@imaginaryruins fist time here?)

ubi dictionary:

late spring - june/ july
    sooner that you think - nearly half a year or even more
    longer post laucnh - you'll get same base things like transmog or ng+ long after
    strongest support ever - as many helix mtx store reskins as possible
    highly replayble - designed to do this a couple times

• Yesin069

@longjohn119

I also want to watch the netflix series season 2 of witcher and replay all three games afterwards. At that time Witcher 3 will surely get the next gen update and will feel fresh.

If today Ubisoft wont add the update to the database, even a relealse next week looks bad... Still no communication at all. Just a hotfix for an issue that didnt affect many.

• Yesin069

I get the strange feeling that Ubisoft really counts the release of the first DLC as a "patch", so we will have to wait 5 weeks from the 13th of may...

At that time we are close to season 3 and the summer event which surely will happen around the 22nd or 24th of june.

The mastery challenge should be part of season 2 but now it is nearly in season 3...this is all just bad planning. We should get more frequent new content, instead of everything cranked up into 2 weeks.

As I said many times: At least the microtransactions roadmap was planned by experts and are never delayed a single bit. We see where the priorities are here. Sadly there are people that await those gear packs and are even annoyed when Ubisoft released them every 3 weeks instead of every other week...these are strange times we live in.

• lemmie88
    184 posts

It all really hammers home the evidence that Ubisoft says one thing and does something else. The 5-week updates. The dev blog which described in unnecessary detail their update testing practices (which are so obviously untrue). The response to the abuse and misconduct allegations. And when things are unequivocally going wrong, its just radio silence. Really 0 integrity.

• Yesin069

@lemmie88

True...I would have no problem at all if they would say "sorry guys, the update is delayed and will come when its ready!". Simple as that. Silence just means that we are not even worth knowing the reason. They got our money and made much money with this game and also will make much money in the future.

The dev blog for transparency was the same image-polishing-marketing-move as AC Sisterhood or Women at Ubisoft after the backlash last year. They just make a short marketing campaign when people get angry and change nothing.

The 5 week update cycle for me just was an excuse to say updates will take even longer than before because devs need to work on other games. Less and less people are working on Valhalla so fixing will just slow down because even 6 months after release the game is still broken. Unity was fixed 2 months after launch...remember those times. In 2014 the industry gone crazy with Unity which they fixed fast and apologised for it. After that game most devs of that studio never touched an AC title again and maybe many lost their jobs. But Valhalla...Valhalla is more broken than Unity ever was and we are fine with it. Out standards for game polish are going down every year.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 At least this woman here won't trust Ubisoft games anymore,and won't buy it until a minimum of 8 months at least have passed, price has dropped and reading forums to make sure that the game it is not plagued of bugs every two steps. Same with DLC.
    They lost my trust and many other people's too.

• longjohn119
    617 posts

@yesin069 My standards haven't which is why I haven't even played the game since November because it was too buggy ..... Ditto for Cyberpunk but I at least have hopes they'll have that mostly fixed with the major update this month ..... At least they are making progress unlike Valhalla which seems to have gone from bad to worse with every update

• isuwhat
    190 posts

@garbo3 i'm fairly new to Ubisoft, Valhalla being my first game. When i completed Valhalla i bought Origins and absolutely loved Origins, much more than Valhalla. Got the 2 DLC's for that and did everything in Origins. Buying Origins and the 2 DLC only cost me about £20 and had 1 crash in 100 hours of gameplay. I will never buy an Ubisoft game at launch again, will wait at least a year and until the base game and dlc's are on offer because being as the games don't seem to actually be complete until at least a year after launch.

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    @garbo3 i'm fairly new to Ubisoft, Valhalla being my first game. When i completed Valhalla i bought Origins and absolutely loved Origins, much more than Valhalla. Got the 2 DLC's for that and did everything in Origins. Buying Origins and the 2 DLC only cost me about £20 and had 1 crash in 100 hours of gameplay. I will never buy an Ubisoft game at launch again, will wait at least a year and until the base game and dlc's are on offer because being as the games don't seem to actually be complete until at least a year after launch.

Except for a 6 week stretch around March 2018 where there was a crash bug with the then new Ryzen CPUs Origins was always a stable game for me ..... Makes me wonder how many good coders Ubisoft Montreal lost between Origins and Valhalla .... Something drastic obviously changed since both are from the same studio and there is a night and day difference between not only the stability but the overall gameplay mechanics

• Yesin069

@longjohn119

Yes, it is almost not recognisable that this game is from the same studio. In this days since Unity Ubisoft Montreal had 3 different studios inside the Montreal studio (yes, they are actually this huge), who developed AC titles.

Two of those teams are nearly all gone and just one in Monreal is left for AC. this is just too little time for the devs to make great polished games. This type of games needs 5 years of dev time to be any good and memorable. 3 years are a joke for a game as huge as Valhalla. This is why we probably will get a year 2 roadmap to get to those 5 years. after 5 years eventually this game will then be finished but Ubisoft was smart enough to sell it half finished for full price.

Regadring the patch:
    Still nothing on the PS Database, so forget next week as well. Ubisoft really seems to want to combine this update with the season 3 summer event...Would it be such a huge problem to release this patch now and then a new small patch for the event in 2 weeks??? Would this really kill them to release 2 AC patches in 2 weeks??? Are they really that low on money? This is just a joke to me by now. Instead of fixing crucial bugs they combine everything into gigantic patches and delay them to have everything in once. Other studios have no problem with releasing patches every week if the game needs it.

The patch will probably be out on the 15th of June which made us wait 7 WEEKS!!! for crucial bugfixes like autosaves not working. I dont count the DLC there because it is just for people who pay for it and done by a whole separate studio.

If the next update isnt the best patch that was they ever done (which I doubt), this is just amateurish work...no communication for the delay or just a word that they want to combine 2 patches because they want to save some bucks for patch certifaction from Sony and Microsoft...

• longjohn119
    617 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Yesin069

There are probably major developement issues which arent communicated to us.

Probably Ubisoft will show something on their Ubisoft Forward event and the next update will be 1.3.0 instead of 1.2.2.

The summer season is just too close and Ubisoft will never ever release two patches in two weeks. Also they wont delay their events. They delay bugfixes or content but never the live-events or microtransactions (even if they are also as bugged as the other stuff, it just also costs real money or is time-limited).

With that huge delay I expect a huge and great update. I am not talking about meaningles new River Raids in Ireland or the Mastery Challenges. This stuff will just be as boring as we expect. I expect some huge steps in polish and also NG+ to be satisfied with this update and the huge delay without aqny communication.

Sadly the seconc DLC will probably be out in September. At that time both prior AC games where already finished and got all the needed content. In Valhalla we still miss some essential features that both games had and have to wait until september to get the only new content that is a little bit interesting.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics