Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• afewscarsmore
    73 posts

@yesin069 I enjoy River raids. Nice viking simultaiton.
    And Ireland is very beautiful, I'd like to have some raids there with green fields and fogs in dark lands.

• Yesin069
    Original poster 554 posts

undefined

Update 1.2.2 added to the database. Hopefully it will be filled with content and bugfree. Maybe they will release it this thursday to announce the good stuff on E3 and let us wait another 5 or 6 weeks...

• Yesin069

Regarding there was no posted changelog for the update yesterday, the patch will be up next tuesday or thursday.

The strange thing is, that on the 17th season 3 should start (summer event). This update will be called 1.2.2 and it should be 1.3.0. This means we should expect huge delays in every content for this game. The first DLC was delayed only 2 weeks but the second one will surely be delayed for more months. The Siege of Paris was slated to be released on in early summer but leaks talk about a release in septemberl, which is actually the end of summer and start of fall.

Regarding the forced behaviour of Ubisoft patch cycles the summer season will start after 5 more weeks, which means a 5 week delay for a small event.

I really hope they have some big stuff for this update and just delayed it, to show it off in E3 first. Sadly I just expect river raids in ireland and mastery challenge which both are just filler, nothing-content.

Hopefully they really tested the hell out of this patch and fixed all major flaws in this game.

After the next update i will hopefully be able to finish the main game and will put it down for the next 6 months and focus on other games. It just is a horrible experience playing this game in the "live-service-period". It feels like an early access beta that still gets finished. The only clever way to enjoy games like this is just waiting until it is finished and got the last patch.

• longjohn119
    608 posts

@yesin069 I think it indicates that Ubisoft finally learned it's lesson about releasing major content updates on top of extremely buggy code ..... That just makes the bugs that much harder to find and root out ...... Fix the major systemic bugs first and then release the new content ......

• Yesin069

On Twitter they announced the Mastery Challenges, which will be released on June 15th, so this will be the release date of the new update.

Now I am excited for the patch log because those mastery challenges look boring as hell. In games like Sekiro mastery challenges are fun because this game has a fantastic combat system...Valhalla clearly does not, so it is strange to focus a whole game mode on that mechanic, to make the problems more apparent.

Bugfixes and quality of life improvements are the things that will hype me up, not a boring game mode...

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 And I have been "told off" in another thread because I said that the update will be deployed on the 15th of June and I was causing confusion, mhm😕
    It really made me kind of angry,am normally calm,I replied confusion is caused by lack of communication and silence about the release date. We were all confused when 5 weeks passed and no update ,just silence.

• Yesin069

@garbo3

As I said before: Any "decent" company would have told us what the hell was wrong and why we dont get any update on June 1st. They just let us wait to announce this "glorious" mode...

I watched the trailer and it is pretty boring looking. AC never shined with combat but more with story, so free quests (like in Odyssey) would be the better way to release new content for this game. River Raids and those Mastery Challenges just show, that this new way of releasing game modes for this game isnt good at all.

An announcement for NG+ would be better here...or an announcement that they reworked the whole UI and stealth in this game...

This mode just brings new useles gear into the game that nobody will use because the starter gear is still more than enough for this game.

They just delayed this update to release it after Ubisoft Forward to hype us up with empty promises. They clearly will never announce anything at that event that could hype me up. We already know from leaks that Siege of Paris wont have any hidden ones in it, so they still dont understand that we want assassins back. Maybe they announce the stipid third DLC will more Isu and mythological stuff, but this is also just nothing-content and filler for me.

• bielik01
    803 posts

@yesin069 this looks dope

so much better than River Raids

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 yes. Ribervraids for what?? I got 800 useless resources for river raids,and they are b o r I n g.
    I agree I would much prefer a game +.
    The siege of Paris is been delayed til September. Obviously Ubi has a problem understanding the calendar 😆

I Just reinstalled red dead redemption 2. I finished game + on ghost of tsushima, how different the combat and stealth are,super rewarding. 0 bugs.

Then I am a bit lost, don't know what to play
    Been checking but all games am interested in are multiplayer.

• bielik01
    803 posts

@yesin069 finally, there is an announcement
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99032/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-title-update-1-2-2

does anyone know what is Ullr's Bow and how/where to get it?

• TyranusVader
    121 posts

14.4 gig patch on PC.

No specific mention of any fix regarding stuttering issues unless the devs categorized an underlying fix in the "performance and stability" section?

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bielik01 no idea.

The mastery challenges will dissappear after Ostara festival??? 😞 😥 😬

• bielik01
    803 posts

@garbo3 where did you get that? River Raids stayed with us even after the festival finished...

• Yesin069

Mastery Challenges will stay like the River Raid did...they are not time limited.

Strangly on the 17th of June the summer season should start. Ubisofts plans really got thrown over the window here. Update 1.2.2 should have been released a lot earlier and now we should have update 1.3.0.

When I look at the list i am not amused at all. Just repated bugfixes that are written in nearly every patch note of the last 3 patches. This is the reason why the list is so long. They just repeat stuff over and over because they never fix it properly for everyone.

Mastery Challenges look boring and the new skills are pretty usleless (like all new skills they gave us - they are just filler and nobody needs stuff like that).

Where is the UI redign? Where are fixes for broken saves? Where are fixed for audio mixing and music? Where are the new fish fixed that should come with the patch in June? Where is the fix for Jomsvikings always changing their armor back to default?

I just read some minor useless fixes. For some the quest bugs will be fixed...for others not...so they will surely reappear in the next patchnotes as "fixed".

Also the best "fix" - "Improvements to performance and stability". Please Ubisoft: STOP ADDING THIS SENTENCE IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH! Not a single patch gave me a single frame more performance or improved stability in any way. Looking at the threads for those problems, many should have the same opinion here. Every patch just makes performance the same or worse...same with stabilty. But it never got better, even if you always write this hollow sentence into every patch notes article.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bielik01 just asking. I didn't play the 1st ostara festival as was in hospital so I don't know when the river raids were introduced.
    Thank you @Yesin069 for clearing my doubts 😊

• longjohn119
    608 posts
    Mastery Challenges will stay like the River Raid did...they are not time limited.

Strangly on the 17th of June the summer season should start. Ubisofts plans really got thrown over the window here. Update 1.2.2 should have been released a lot earlier and now we should have update 1.3.0.

When I look at the list i am not amused at all. Just repated bugfixes that are written in nearly every patch note of the last 3 patches. This is the reason why the list is so long. They just repeat stuff over and over because they never fix it properly for everyone.

Mastery Challenges look boring and the new skills are pretty usleless (like all new skills they gave us - they are just filler and nobody needs stuff like that).

Where is the UI redign? Where are fixes for broken saves? Where are fixed for audio mixing and music? Where are the new fish fixed that should come with the patch in June? Where is the fix for Jomsvikings always changing their armor back to default?

I just read some minor useless fixes. For some the quest bugs will be fixed...for others not...so they will surely reappear in the next patchnotes as "fixed".

Also the best "fix" - "Improvements to performance and stability". Please Ubisoft: STOP ADDING THIS SENTENCE IN EVERY SINGLE PATCH! Not a single patch gave me a single frame more performance or improved stability in any way. Looking at the threads for those problems, many should have the same opinion here. Every patch just makes performance the same or worse...same with stabilty. But it never got better, even if you always write this hollow sentence into every patch notes article.

I think all the listings that start out with "Addressed an issue with ...." are the save bug fixes ...... Those pretty much match up with most of the "Unable to ..." bugs which I suspect are save problems

I'm still disappointed that nothing was listed for the broken Aim Assist ..... I'm playing Origins right now and I'm just tearing it up with a bow, I'm past level 15 and I haven't run out of arrows even once and have only bought a total of 3 hunter arrows ..... I did the Quest where you raid the Royal Palace to find the clue that exposes the Snake in the Royal Scribe's office and instead of just sneaking in like normal I wiped out the entire palace ..... and then just walked around a looted everything .....

I just can't understand how they managed to [censored] up the bows in Valhalla so badly as compared to Origins and Odyssey ...... It snaps to center mass and then I just ease the right joystick down a smidge and I'm getting headshots left and right

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@longjohn119 I thought it was me that was bad with the bow even having the auto aiming on.

• Yesin069

@longjohn119

Regarding save issues:
    I dont think they they mean those save issues...

The save issue is, that the game just stops autosaving and quicksaving also stops working, whenever you reload a save or fast travel. This is unacceptable for any game because we should rely on save systems. Manual saves take too long to make because we always need to go to the menu (which is horrible and slow - even with SSD's).

This issue should have been adressed with an hotfix but even after waiting 7 weeks there is no mention in the patch notes. I really hope it got fixed secretly...

Regarding aiming:
    I also are terrible at aiming in Valhalla. I Origins and Odyssey this was no problem. In Horizon: Zero Dawn it was also fine but in Valhalla it is nearly impossible to aim properly at the head or the weakpoints, without just having a lucky hit.

I play on the PC but i always use controllers, so aim assist should work properly.

All in all: this issue has no priority for me. I know they will never fix it and i also dont care if they dont. There are bigger issues that i wish they would adress but it will never happen. The sound design in this game is horrible and the performance drops are heavy from area to area without knowing what exactly causes it. Also the UI annoys the hell out of me that i am still just using my starter gear and never card about anything in my inventory.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@yesin069 yes,I didn't struggle as much in Odissey or Horizon as I do with the bow in valhalla. I think I hitted a weak point 4 times so far 😂 .

• azullFR
    1024 posts

@garbo3
    @Yesin069

• Bow aiming speed : On PS4pro I did a test = AC Valhalla menu > Sensivity X & Y at Max > Controler is minimum 2 or 3 times Slower than a 250 dpi mouse.... (250 dpi = sensivity used for precise, and slow, graphic works...)
    • Aim Assist = Full > sometimes aims invisibles object in the ground even when you are front of an ennemy + not always lock ennemies ( = no assist at all, maybe there is distance cap, but sure there is no communication from Ubi about any distance cap....as usual... sadly )

I'm gonna redo the test with 1.2.2 😉

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics