Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Foxisthemaster
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello, I have had a seriously annoying issue while playing through ac valhalla. When roaming in fields or areas outside of settlements, the game will spawn a random group of enemies within 50 ft of my character so I am almost always spotted, and they are hostile, so it triggers combat and then I am not anonymous, if I do not keep running and become anonymous again by hiding or distance, the game keeps spawning groups of 3-4 hostile enemies in random locations equally spaced apart. It literally feels like a horde mode, but not fun.This is most annoying when looting chests in obscure locations, or even doing quest objectives in a forest/field outside of a settlement. It even does it in asgard, so it has to be a game issue.
    Obviously I know there are going to be random enemies on patrol and on main roads/trails, but i have literally watched the game spawn them out of thin air while in a random field, it is definitely a bug. I am playing on Google stadia, with a steady ethernet connection averaging around 300mbps up and down, and It's never a connection issue. Please let me know if anyone else has encountered this!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 501 posts

Hey @foxisthemaster, sorry to hear you have been encountering this annoyance so close to your settlement. Could you share with us any video clips of this behavior in-game?

Official Response
  • katzenkrimis71
    160 posts

When roaming in fields or areas outside of settlements, the game will spawn a random group of enemies within 50 ft of my character so I am almost always spotted

The game keeps spawning groups of 3-4 hostile enemies in random locations equally spaced apart.

====

I know exactly what you are talking about. It's often bandits in the woods that do this. If you kill them all, more of them will immediately respawn. You could stand there killing spawn after spawn for god knows how long. I think it happened to me with animals a few times, too.

Valhalla is plagued with this issue. It's at the point now where if I kill the first 3-4 bandits and more respawn, I immediately leave the area. I won't even waste my time with those respawns. Otherwise, I could be there for 15 minutes killing respawns. It's worse than a MMO because not only do they respawn, but they respawn quite quickly. Within 60 seconds. Usually video games give you a 5-10 minute break between spawns.

• UbiKobold
    Ubisoft Support Staff 541 posts

@katzenkrimis71 Thank you for letting us know that you have experienced these enemies spawning in your game as well. I am sorry that you both have had this experience, as I do understand the constant re-spawning of enemies can be daunting. Have either of you noticed a particular place on the map where this tends to occur more than others? You mentioned roaming fields or areas outside of settlements. Is there a certain settlement or region that is more prone to having these enemies spawn?

Also, would either of you be able to provide a video from your gameplay that shows the enemies spawning within 50 feet of you, in addition to the repetitive spawning of enemies? For a video, just post it to YouTube as unlisted and then send me the link here.

Additionally, katzenkrimis71 are you playing on Google Stadia as well?

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics