Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vaal75
    4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • vaal75
    4 posts

@partymcflyy80 The same thing happens to me since the beginning of the event

• fishingmike97
    5 posts

I was just in Ireland when I was near a cave and collected an artifact after heading into the cave it’s saying failed to save progress. I tried restarting the game like it says and it’s still continuing. Any fixes for this?

• RockRaptor7338
    2 posts

Keep randomly getting a failed to save game progress error message.Sometimes happening randomly on fast travel,
    manual save and general gameplay.
    This is really frustrating and making the game almost unplayable please fix this.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 777 posts

@fishingmike97 Hi there,

Sorry that you've not been able to save your game.
    Would you be able to answer a few questions, so that we can offer some troubleshooting?

• Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first?
    • Are you able to manually save your game?
    • How often does it happen?
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any?
    • Do you own the Wrath of The Druids expansion? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the Wrath of The Druids content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?

Thank you for reaching out!

Official Response
  • DanielKay28
    3 posts

I also have been having failed save issues lately. If I travel to the west side of Meath or further west in Ireland my game has to be restarted to a prior point or it will not save at all. In England some places on the map won't let you save but if you keep going or return to Raventhorpe it saves just fine and you can keep playing. For me this issue started somewhere between 22 July to 29 July and has not got better.
    I completely turn off the game every day.
    I play on PS5.

• fishingmike97
    5 posts

@ubi-nacho

I do use rest mode I normally don’t close the app.

sometimes I can manually save sometimes I can’t

It happened right after I went into Meath and after that it’s been downhill

Haven’t lost any playtime thankfully

I do have wotd dlc and it’s happens in England and Ireland and river raids

• fishingmike97
    5 posts

@danielkay28

yeah this is what’s happening to me too it’s very annoying

• Ubi-Litten
    Ubisoft Support Staff 178 posts

Hi all, thanks for getting in contact and providing this information. If you are still experiencing this issue could you first ensure your game files are fully installed and up to date and then contact our support teams directly with the following information :

Your Ubisoft account username and console gamertag (where applicable)
    How many save files do you already have?
    When did the issue start?
    What you believe happened in-game that triggers save actions to stop working?

The fastest way to do this would be directly through our "Live Chat" service when this is available but you can also get in touch by sending a direct message to our social media accounts on Twitter or Facebook if you have access to these services

Lastly, if you are able to replicate this, providing a video clip similar to those posted in this thread would assist in any further investigation of this issue.

Official Response
  • PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts

@ubi-litten just fix the issue, there is plenty of information on this thread that tells you the information that you need. The time the failed saves started was the day 1.3.0 came out.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@partymcflyy80 which platforms are affected?
    There's no hope for this to be sorted any time soon.
    I have been on this forums for a while, provided multiple videos,screenshots etc. They ask us to do their job ,and all for nothing.
    Most of the bugs are still present after months.And every time new content is added or there is a new update something else is broken. Every single time.
    I love this game,got the platinum,bought the DLCs but this time around will wait to play the Siege of Paris for my own mental health.
    The worse bug is not being able to save a the game!!! I save every 15 mins as learned after loosing hours and hours of gameplay having to load older saves when I found a gamebreaking bug.
    THIS one though need to be addressed ASAP. But my experience tells me won't be soon as they keep asking for videoszand even to point exactly the time frame on the video provided!! Come on Ubisoft!!

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1044 posts

Hey @RockRaptor7338

Thank you for reaching out to us with this, I'm sorry to see you're having issues, I've also merged your thread here!

May we please know more about this? Such as;

• Do you lose any progress / are any saves corrupted after encountering this message?
    • Has there been any trends in where you're Fast Travelling / doing during normal play when this has happened? (Certain locations, certain actions such as after combat)
    • When manually saving, does this message pop up when saving both locally and to the cloud?
    • Which console are you running the game on (PS4 / PS5)?

We're more than happy to take a further look, thank you!

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry

Hey guys,

Thank you for getting back to us!

@DanielKay28 - could you please confirm;

• If you've ever lost any progress following this message? (If so, how many hours?)
    • How often does this happen? (Is it during every play session?)

@fishingmike97 - Have you yet tested the game without using Rest Mode to see if there's any improvement or changes at all?

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry

Hey guys,

Just to share some further transparency on the ongoing investigation.

At this time, the team are actively looking into this issue further and are working toward resolving this.

In the meantime, the more information we can gather from players encountering this issue, the better, especially as players note different triggers in their reports.

This will better allow the team to reproduce and investigate these reports.

We appreciate players taking the time to provide this information to us and it is being passed onto the team.

Should there be an update on the investigation where further information is no longer required, or news on a fix is made available, we will be sure to share this with players.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Lollipop_TK
    1 posts

Hello,
    My AC Valhalla keep popping up saving errors and I can’t save manually. It shows”Failed to Save Game Progress” and asks me to restart the game. But the issue still appears after the restart.
    Platform: PS5

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

Hello, I'm playing Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PS5 and my game is having an issue saving properly. Every time the game does an autosave or I try to quick save, I will be greeted by an intrusive pop-up telling me the game didn't save correctly, and then I have to press X to dismiss it. I also cannot manually save as the saves will be labeled "data corrupt!". Luckily my progress is still being tracked thanks to my PS+ cloud. Here is a video of the issue

• DanielKay28
    3 posts

@ubi-theberry yes I lose progress everytime I go to the west side of Ireland and do stuff because the save function gets hard broke after that and I can't save no matter where I travel or what I do. In England the save function just doesn't work in some places but is fine in others even after visiting broke places. The frequency of this problem relates to going to broke places. If I stay away from them I don't get the error.

• kumfndme
    1 posts

Just wondering if UBISOFT have any chance of fixing the save game error ?
    this has been a pain for me for some time and still ongoing with no change, even after a recent update "Sigrblot Season Festival"

• Ubi-TheBerry

Hey everyone,

Thank you for your continued updates, sorry to hear more of you are reporting issues!

Rest assured this is being looked into by the team, but if you could please include the following answers in your report so we can pass them on;

• Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first? 
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it? 
    • Are you able to manually save your game? 
    • How often does it happen? 
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any? 
    • Do you own the Wrath of The Druids expansion? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the Wrath of The Druids content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • jmalkin177
    44 posts

Hello everyone,

I've figured out a solution to this issue on PS5. It's very simple, just go download the PS4 version of Valhalla to your PS5 and while playing the PS5 version, the problem saving your game should now be resolved. There must be data in the PS4 version that the PS5 version is missing.

Suggested Topics