Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 979 posts

Hey @jmalkin177,

Thank you for sharing this workaround that worked for you!

If other players encountering this issue could please give this workaround a try and let us know if it's successful for you too and let us know as this would be important for the team to know.

Official Response
  • Kedz1992
    12 posts

@ubi-theberry The PS4 download option didn't work for me.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@kedz1992 Did you make sure the game fully download before you checked? It tells you its ready to play before it's done downloading.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@jmalkin177 Well,I play on PS4 and don't have this issue so obviously is something to do with the PS5 and Xbox newest console ( sorry I don't know its name).

• Kedz1992
    12 posts

@jmalkin177 Yep, the game was fully downloaded.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@kedz1992 You and I may not be experiencing the same bug then.

@kedz1992 Hey were you in Ireland when you booted back up? The glitch came back when I went to Dublin and tried to do a drinking competition, but I loaded a save from before it occurred and now I'm good again. I didn't have the PS4 Version of WotD downloaded so I downloaded it just now to see if it fixes the glitch in Ireland. Just a possible explanation for why this workaround might not have worked for you.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Kedz1992
    12 posts

@jmalkin177 I've manual saved in Ravensthorpe then travelled to Francia for the first time and the issue appears at the same stage every time. I've tried travelling around England and manually saving / auto-saving and I have no issues with that. I didn't have any issues prior to downloading SoP today.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@kedz1992 download the PS4 version of Siege of Paris and see if that fixes.

• Kedz1992
    12 posts

@jmalkin177 I tried that once you suggested it below but hasn't helped.

• boonperm
    4 posts

@kedz1992 i have the same problem.

I never have this problem in England or Ireland but after I travel to Francia it happen every time.

I can't play the PS5 version right now so I have no choice but to switch to PS4 version in the mean time.

• Cornstomper
    1 posts

I am now downloading the PS4 version to see if that works as suggested above, but I want to note that my save specifically gets corrupted if I get to close to Paris.

• Bojan-77
    14 posts

For almost two months now I have had a problem with manual save and auto save games. So until 28.07. I could sometimes do manual save, and auto save, just certain locations. After updating the last one, I can't do manual or auto save anywhere anymore. See what it says in the pictures. I have to play a certain amount of time, so try manual save, and the only save that works is Manual or Auto save Cloud. So only Cloud. It's hard to play like this, so I want to warn you about this problem with the hope that I can play normally with the new DLC. I tried 2 times to uninstall and reinstall the game, it doesn't help. As I’m close to 500 h of play, there’s no point in playing the game from scratch, and I have no guarantee that the new game won’t have the same problem, and as Cloud save, I could lose everything if just give it a try. I warn you about that glitch that I hope you can fix with new update.

- Do you use Quick Resume or Switcher feature? - No, PS4 Pro, I always turn off the game, ie I close the application and the PS4 goes into stand by only if there is a download game or update.
    - How often does it happen? - Always now. From the very start of the game since I finished playing, the time in the game does not affect that, until the last update I could save in certain locations, now nowhere.
    - How long had the game been minimized when you returned to it?- Almost never, the PS4 pro, only when I look at the trophies, so no minimized the game.
    - If you close the app and re-launch it, are you able to save again? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves - Not in any of the 3 case, I tried to change the settings like game easy or hard mode, save only works if I try manual save, and it is an error for that but it can be Cloud manual save.
    - How much playtime (in hours) have you lost, if any? - About 40 hours so far, Load save mission which is at 430h and I am currently at 470h of the game, and save worked until I started playing the current festival which ends in 6 days.

Unfortunately, according to the answers to the players' question or you know something, let's just say that I doubt it will be ok when the festival is over, and you don't want to admit it or you are lazy, because this takes too long, you are informed, solve it!
    Big AC fan, I have them all, and the season pass, but after Vallhala never again preorder, wait more than a year, to come out all the DLC only then buy at a discount ... really bad game support, I've never played something with so many glitches and bugs.

• Bojan-77
    14 posts

Picture on PS4 Pro

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1262 posts

@Kedz1992 - I am sorry to hear that the workaround suggested by @jmalkin177 did not work for you, and thank you for letting us know this. I checked through your previous posts and could not see all of the questions previously posed answered; would you mind filling in the template below so that we can report your experience of the issue forward?

• Do you use Quick Resume (Xbox) / Switcher (PS5)?
    • How often do you encounter the "Failed to Save Game Progress" error?
    • If you had the game suspended, how long was the game been suspended before you returned to it?
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you then able to save again? Or does the issue persist? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves.
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost, if any?
    • Does the issue occur only in some regions / countries, or in all of them?

If you are also able to provide a video showing your experience of the issue and its frequency in-game, that would be much appreciated. 🙂

@jmalkin177 - Thank you for continuing to try and help other players by advising with regard to your workaround! I do hope that it may help other players in the meantime while the issue is being investigated.

@boonperm - Hey there! Welcome to Discussions, and thank you for sharing your report of this issue in the thread. Just to confirm, it only occurs in Francia, but nowhere else? And only in the PS5 version of the game, not the PS4 one? Any additional information that you can provide from the list above would be appreciated as well, especially a video of the issue if possible!

@Cornstomper - Welcome to Discussions, and thank you for replying to this thread! Please do keep us updated as to whether the workaround works for you. You've mentioned that your save gets corrupted rather than the game failing to save; this possibly may not be the most applicable thread for you if that is the case. We do have a megathread dedicated to data corruption error messages here, if that sounds more like the issue you are having!

@Bojan-77 - Thank you for providing the answers to my colleagues' questions; it sounds like the issue you are encountering with saving your progress may be more severe than those experienced by other players more recently. Are you able to provide a video in addition to your images showing that you are unable to save your game? Can you also let me know when you last were able to save manually, if at all recently, as from your image the only manual save visible not covered by the error message is from July? Thank you!

Official Response
  • Kedz1992
    12 posts

@ubi-woofer

Thanks for your help.

• Do you use Quick Resume (Xbox) / Switcher (PS5)? No, I don't.
    • How often do you encounter the "Failed to Save Game Progress" error? Every auto-save prompt in Francia, so basically once every couple of minutes.
    • If you had the game suspended, how long was the game been suspended before you returned to it? Game hasn't been suspended.
    • If you close the app and re-launch it, are you then able to save again? Or does the issue persist? Please specify for Quick, Auto, and Manual saves. I have a manual save that I am using to re-load. I then start the SoP story arc, travel to Francia and that is when the issue starts. I cannot do Quick, Auto or Manual saves once in Francia.
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost, if any? 5-6 hours.
    • Does the issue occur only in some regions / countries, or in all of them? Only occurs in Francia. I have travelled around England and Ireland and the issue does not seem to occur.

I don't have video footage. I'm not sure it's really necessary, it's the exact same as what other people have shared in this thread.

Thanks again for your assistance.

• Bojan-77
    14 posts

So every time there is auto save, an error occurs and gamplay stops, which destroys the game, if you can't solve it, at least option to disable auto save, the default manual save that doesn't work, but every now and then I at least have a maual save cloud.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bojan-77 oh,so PS4 Pro is affected aswell? I got just the previous PS4,all normal so far.But been only making Redas daily quests. Will try Francia today and if something happens will post here.

• Solstice365
    1 posts

Recentlty loaded the siege of paris, tried to play, but plagued with constant errors of the game failing to save
    I have tried to manually save, this does not work
    I have tried countless restarts of both the game and the PS5 - does not work.
    I have lost about 3 hours worth of gaming...not including the siege of paris...that is probably another 2 hours

please help

• PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts

I haven’t even touched Seige of Paris due to the on going failed saves. I’ve lost my saved files that weren’t corrupted. When I logged in on those the data was trashed. It’s not worth the time to log into a game with issues when you spend more time trying to solve a problem vs playing the game. Odyssey it is until then.

Suggested Topics