Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• guest-JleOxPyp
    Original poster 1 posts

when I complete a quest, I receive a message that the progress has failed to save. anyone else having this problem.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2408 posts

@guest-jleoxpyp I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I can confirm that we have received a few reports from other players who are having the same issue.

Can you please confirm the following:

• Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first?
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it?
    • Are you able to manually save your game?
    • How often does it happen?
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any?
    • Do you own the Wrath of The Druids expansion? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the Wrath of The Druids content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?

Official Response
  • SilentSight
    1 posts

@ubi-keo happens to me too

yes I have used Rest Mode
    yes still happens almost each time I play causing me to lose saved data
    no I am not able to manually save my game
    every time I play
    lost 10+ hours more than likely
    I own it but havent played it yet

Highly considering asking for my money back this is getting ridiculous I have stuck with the franchise since the beginning but to have an ongoing bug like this thats game breaking and making me lose countless hours of play time when my time is already limitied that I get to play is not worth it

• Ubi-Keo

@silentsight Apologies for the late response and thanks for the information provided, I have forwarded this on to the development team as they are still investigating the issue.

Can you confirm what happens when you try to manually save the game and could you provide a video that shows you encountering this error and trying to create a manual save.

I can understand your frustration and can only apologise for the inconvenience this issue has caused.

Official Response
  • FPMD-
    1 posts

Unable to save progress in Assassin Creed Valhalla I can't progress in the story and I can't save the last game position It tells me an error occurred

• Ubi-Keo

@fpmd I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. I have merged your post with an existing thread where other players have experienced the same issue.

I can confirm that the issue has been reported to the development team and they are investigating.

Could you please confirm the following:

• Do you ever use rest mode whilst playing the game or do you always close the application first?
    • Does the issue still occur after closing the application and relaunching it?
    • Are you able to manually save your game?
    • How often does it happen?
    • How much playtime (in hours) have you lost if any?
    • Do you own the Wrath of The Druids expansion? If so does this issue only occur whilst playing the Wrath of The Druids content or do you also experience it on other maps in the game?
    Official Response
  • mas3121
    6 posts

I have about 280 hours of play in Assassin's Creed Valhalla on PlayStation 5. I've been receiving the "Failed to Save Game Progress" error since at least the mastery challenges update, if not longer.

I was hoping today's 1.3.0 update would have fixed the problem, but from the moment I launched the game after the update installed, the error has appeared nearly every time the game tries to save or when I try to save manually. Frankly, it has become beyond annoying, making the game nearly unplayable between having to press X every single time the error appears and worrying my progress won't be saved and my save files will be corrupted.

To answer the questions support raised with those who previously reported on this problem:

• No, I never use rest mode. I always close the game after playing.
    • Yes, the issue occurs after closing and reopening the game. It also occurs after turning the console off and starting the game.
    • No, I cannot manually save the game. Manual saves result in a corrupted save file.
    • The error occurs from the moment the game opens and recurrs each time the game auto-saves. Maybe once every 30 minutes, an auto-save will actually work when fast-traveling to Ravensthorpe.
    • I haven't lost much play time because I'm careful not to do much without fast-traveling back to base and piddling around until a rare save actually goes through.
    • Yes, I own Wrath of the Druids, but the problem occurs throughout the map.

Out of sheer frustration and exhaustion, I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game and all DLC this afternoon. It didn't help. As soon as the game loaded after reinstalling, the save error immediately resurfaced.

Is there anything at all that can be done to rectify this issue? I saved about a half hour's worth of gameplay from this afternoon if seeing the litany of errors would be helpful. Just let me know how and where to upload the video.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 550 posts

Hi there @mas3121 . Thank you so much for providing those answers, as well as the additional information and workarounds that you've tried in order to resolve this error. This is still being investigated, and I'll be sure to get these answers forwarded to help with these investigations. Any video clips of this occurring would also be very helpful. Would you be able to send over a quick clip or two?

Official Response
  • mas3121
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • mas3121
    6 posts

@ubistorm Here are a couple of videos showing the recurring "Failed to Save Game Progress" error.

The first video is a bit lengthy, but it shows just how frequently the error occurs during gameplay. I recorded this video immediately after update 1.3.0 installed:

The second video is only a couple of minutes long. I recorded it immediately after uninstalling and reinstalling Assassin's Creed Valhalla, the 1.3.0 update, and all DLC:

I hope the videos are helpful, and I appreciate your and the team's efforts in resolving this problem.

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 566 posts

Hey there,

Thank you for both your videos.

To help us investigate exactly what is happening can I check exactly at what times this occurs in the videos?

Many thanks

Official Response
  • GibbsalotII
    1 posts

Same issue here after using rest mode, xbox and new player. Happens quite often.

• headbanger866
    31 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck
    How about just fixing the problem, i have the same problem and cannot play the game because of it.

@UbiStorm
    How about just fixing the problem, the game is unplayable with this problem.

@Ubi-Keo
    How about just fixing the problem?

• headbanger866
    31 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • headbanger866
    31 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • mas3121
    6 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck Here are the times when the errors occur in both videos. The times might vary by a second or so, so I hope whoever review the video will actually start slightly prior to the listed times.

Times at which the error occurs in the first video:

• 01:45
    • 02:49
    • 03:15
    • 05:01
    • 05:41
    • 07:09
    • 08:38
    • 08:54
    • 09:02
    • 09:38
    • 11:00
    • 12:02
    • 12:26
    • 13:00
    • 15:31
    • 17:17
    • 17:39
    • 18:51
    • 21:09
    • 21:36
    • 22:06
    • 22:14
    • 23:04
    • 23:19

Also, starting at 23:27, you can see a list of corrupted saves created by the game's attempts to auto-save.

Times at which the error occurs in the second video:

• 01:26
    • 02:01
  • mas3121
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • mas3121
    6 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck Here's short a bonus video for you from the Sigrblot festival.

Times that errors appear in the video:

• 0:16
    • 0:41
    • 1:01
    • 1:18
    • 1:31
  • PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts

@mas3121 Yepppp, same here! same problem!. Ever since this festival came out, failed saves and can't connect to ubisoft connect to check time limited tasks.

• PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics