Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• flynner19
    5 posts

@guest-8m7v7cbu same here on ps5, only started with sop and as soon as you get to Francia in 1st mission it starts failing to save. For now I will just not play the expansion until it's patched

• Garbo3
    778 posts

After 1 hour in Francia I found not trouble to manually save or to autosave. I am playing on the older version of PS4,is 6 year old.

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@flynner19 Same here, it started for me as soon as I got to the dock when going to francia and hasn't stopped.SoP is unplayable as I feared it would be on launch.

• alx1231
    21 posts

I have also recently started getting this error on my PS5 version. It started when the Mastery Challenge patch was released and hasn't stopped since. It seems to be even worse in SoP though because before I would be able to get one odd save in here or there but I am literally unable to get one new save in. Once in a while though the cloud auto save does it so I haven't lost much progress. Still, the constant prompt every couple of minutes makes SoP unplayable.

Interestingly, I have access to a Series X and a copy of the games since my brother also owns it and when I load my cloud save there it works 100%. It seems the issue must have something to do specifically with the PS5. I also tried saving on the Series X and bringing that save over to PS5 but I still get the error.

Question for those who suggest downloading the PS4 version of SoP: Are you guys suggesting to download just the PS4 version of the DLC or do you guys mean download the entire PS4 version of the game and play it there?

• RockRaptor7338
    2 posts

@Ubi-TheBerry
    yes I do lose some game progress.
    On the save/load screen it says data corrupted
    This happens when travelling anywhere away from Ravensthorpe and after completing or during a quest
    playing on PS5 version with a PS4 disc.

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@alx1231 I've found that if I manual save every once in a while, the manual CLOUD save will save my progress and not be corrupted, but that's the only way to get a save that works and it doesn't always work. Otherwise there is no other way to make a save that doesn't instantly trash the data. I'm in the process of downloading the whole of the ps4 version so ill update once that is done. U I soft doesn't seem to realize, we the people would understand if they needed to delay the launch if it meant the kinks were worked out before launch. They are really dropping the ball here and it doesn't matter because they're still making money and that's all that matters to them.. The poor programmers and the like are slaves to the whims of the higher ups that say "we don't care if it isn't ready, today is launch day!" And then the peons that get no say but probably knew this was a problem before launch are made to look bad while the faceless fat cats sit back and collect the tidal wave of cash. Its tragic how far they've fallen.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@alx1231 Download the entire PS4 version, including the DLCs. if all else fails, the PS4 version doesn't seem to have this glitch. Better than nothing.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

@ubi-woofer I do want to let you know that the problem came back when I traveled to Francia on the PS5 version, even with the PS4 version of the DLC downloaded. I switched to the PS4 version and I was able to save in Francia just fine.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

Ok,Add me to the list. PS4 is also affected. I was on the 1st mission looking for the priest on the slums,now I can't save manually or autosaving. It says Failed to save game progress,restart your game to be able to save your progress again.My data are corrupt aswell. Guess that's it with this game. Damn it. I know this will take ages to fix as everything else with this game. 👌

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@ubi-woofer Feel free to take a look at my cloud saves.

• alx1231
    21 posts

@jmalkin177 Yeah I downloaded it and I can't go back lol. The PS4 version looks substantially worse and it runs much worse. Maybe I could deal with those but the load times are by far the biggest problem. It takes like 3-4 times as long to load into anywhere and even UI elements take a second to show themselves. I really took for granted how fast this SSD is... Anyway, I guess I will wait for this issue to be resolved to continue SoP. I got Hades to play tomorrow so I guess I'll just play that.

• boonperm
    4 posts

@ubi-woofer Right now it only happen in Francia. I never have this problem before until I finished 1st mission of the DLC.

I can play it in PS4 version (but play on PS5). There's no data corupt problem in PS4 version but I get a Ubisoft online service error instead. At least I can save on PS4 version but the save not upload to the cloud because Ubisoft online service always error and it happen only when I save manually, if the game autosave for me it upload to the cloud.

So PS4 also have problem but better than PS5. Anyway I still want to play it in PS5 version.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@boonperm I had data corrupt on PS4 for the first time in Francia,si PS4 is also affected. Both auto and manual Save error aswell.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 983 posts

Hey folks, I appreciate you sharing this information. I have forward this to our team's research. They have asked if anyone has seen their Cloud saves affected by this and if you are seeing a single corrupted file or multiple (and if multiple, how many?). Please keep us posted so we can collect this for the team to further investigate. Thank you!

Official Response
  • Garbo3
    778 posts

@ubi-smash I saw just a corrupted file,then instead of loading I overwrited the previous save that wasn't corrupted allowing me to continue playing and saving without quitting the game,no trouble so far after that. Fingers crossed

• PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts

@ubi-smash I’ve had 6 or 7 of them and my cloud saves are effected. I had 3 of those. One was a previous save that wasn’t corrupted but now is.

• alx1231
    21 posts

@ubi-smash I have seen it affect the manual cloud saves but not the cloud autosave. In fact, my cloud autosaves have been the only way for me to access a proper save since the issue started. I have also made it a habit of deleting those corrupted saves right away to avoid one of them becoming the cloud autosave. Still, it is impossible to create a new cloud autosave because every new autosave corrupts. Now something tells me the issue isn't the save itself because I have loaded the same cloud save on my PS4, PS5, and my Series X; The PS4 and Series X load into the game and save fine but the PS5 version running on the same save gets the error right away.

As far as how many, it is constant. Every autosave or manual save gets corrupted right away. This means that as soon as my game loads up I get the error on account of the game autosaving as soon as it loads into the world. After that I get the error every couple of minutes because the game autosaves so often. As a result, my saves files can be filled with corrupted game saves in a manner of minutes. In about 15 or so minutes I can probably have 5 corrupted autosaves built or maybe more. I am not really sure how many autosaves can be stored at once but what ever the limit is, that is how many corrupted game saves. And again, even worse is the fact that the error message shows every time an autosave fails. This means that every couple of minutes that message interrupts the game and pretty much makes it unplayable.

• DanielKay28
    3 posts

Well the new Paris DLC made it worse. Everywhere on all maps is now hard broke and I can't save any progress at all. Thanks for putting out unplayable content.

• mattbamford
    16 posts

Me too siege of Paris in tavern, as soon as I enter tavern to speak to bar maid or even go to shop it starts failing to save. And before Ubisoft ask the same questions about do I know how to save, of course I do I have 700+ playing hours on this game, it’s probably closer to 1000 but because the game crashes so much it’s not all counted. And no I’m not sending you a picture of what fail to save looks like, as you should be well aware of this problem by now as it appears to happen every time you add content! Sort this out now, I don’t want the same old rubbish that the development team are looking at it, they should have looked at it before you released the frigging game, it a joke, Ubisoft is a joke, you’ve taken all the gaming fraternity for an unpleasant ride!!!!!!

• mattbamford
    16 posts

@ubi-smash Me too siege of Paris in tavern, as soon as I enter tavern to speak to bar maid or even go to shop it starts failing to save. And before Ubisoft ask the same questions about do I know how to save, of course I do I have 700+ playing hours on this game, it’s probably closer to 1000 but because the game crashes so much it’s not all counted. And no I’m not sending you a picture of what fail to save looks like, as you should be well aware of this problem by now as it appears to happen every time you add content! Sort this out now, I don’t want the same old rubbish that the development team are looking at it, they should have looked at it before you released the frigging game, it a joke, Ubisoft is a joke, you’ve taken all the gaming fraternity for an unpleasant ride!!!!!!

Suggested Topics