Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheRealKhaliel
    7 posts

@garbo3 I play on ps4 pro and I've been having the same exact issue. Havent even tried playing it again after I lost all the hours I played in Francia.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@therealkhaliel Damn,I didn't lose any progress the 5 times I have found the issue,I don't know why. I don't quit the game,just keep playing ignoring the error message and eventually if I perform any action as collecting an opal,pet a cat or something the game autosaves again and allows me to manual save again.
    Is a shame,such amount of players affected. I am sorry you have lost all your progress,that's bad👎

• Bojan-77
    14 posts

@garbo3 - but here's a new glitch, when I try to change the rune on the armor the game crashes .. get ready for that too, PS4 Pro.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@bojan-77 oh,great! Bug party! We are all invited 😆
    I think am gonna dress up as a caterpillar...just in case the game some day turns into a butterfly bug free.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1090 posts

Thanks for filling out our template, @joepiraino , and thanks to everyone for your insights while we continue to investigate this issue. Sorry the inconvenience in the meantime - we're working to have this resolved as soon as possible.

Official Response
  • XBTdragon
    1 posts

Same error here on PS5

Completed all mastery quests fine and all the other quests + DLC

As soon as I start siege of Paris by travelling to France the error starts

I have a manual save set just before you talk to Pierre and there’s no issue on that file until you travel

• WERMWOOD
    47 posts

@ubi-thrupney So, throw us a bone here....did y'all on the development team let the higher ups know this was an issue before launch and they told you to launch it anyway? I just can't see how such a widespread and huge issue as this wasn't encountered during testing. I'd like to voulenteer to test any future content before launch, on a real ps5 out here in the real world..ill play through any future content, early, and give y'all a comprehensive list of any bugs I encounter. Free of charge, of course. At least then ill expect to encounter bugs and ill be helping y'all by beta testing in the real world so perhaps we can avoid such messy launches in the future! Let me know if you're interested. I won't even charge y'all my usual rate of $300/hour!

• Twhop
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    hello I have been unable to install/ download the Seige of Paris dlc on my ps5 it just keeps saying something went wrong! I made a post about it in the general discussion thread but I was wondering if you’ve made it so that people can’t download or install it because of this save issue and you’re waiting until it’s fixed to allow downloads again?

• PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts

@bojan-77 it’s ridiculous how this was launched and nothing was encountered before it went out to everybody. this game was awesome up until this happened. Not even looked at, played, turned on anything Seige of Paris as of today. Waste of time. There needs to be something good to come for the players after all this trouble. the repetitiveness of Ubisoft asking the same questions and seeking the same information but worded differently when it’s all in the thread with videos is beyond me. For next time, stuff needs to be tested and worked out before it’s launched to players. this to me was rushed and thrown out there.

• Garbo3
    778 posts
    @bojan-77 this to me was rushed and thrown out there.

As been since launch.

• jmalkin177
    44 posts

OMG you guys. So I decided to take the "Restart your game to be able to save again" quite literally, as in I started a new game. Got through all the prologue stuff with little Eivor, skipped the cutscene with Ktove as grown Eivor, reloaded my manual save from right before I went to Francia and when I went to Francia, no more error message! Huzzah!

• Kedz1992
    12 posts

@jmalkin177 Didn't work for me unfortunately!

• big_rob_69
    1 posts

Add me to the list of annoyed players who can’t play their favourite game because of these failed to save game errors and corrupt save files. Happens all the time no matter what saved game I try loading. No matter where I am or elwhat I’m doing. Thought the new dlc would cure it but no

• supergerm1978
    1 posts

A refund. Would be nice I'm sick of trying to play the game. It's cost enough to buy with all the add ons. Sort it out.

• Ei-Halla
    1 posts

I am playing on PS4 Pro and whenever it autosaves I get the popup "Failed to Save Game Progress Error" and when I Manual Save I get "Data Corrupt" It happens no matter what region I am in or what country. England or Francia it began on the 12 of August after I downloaded the new expansion.

• Kedz1992
    12 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hi there, would it be possible to get an update on a fix for this issue? Thanks in advance!

• Bojan-77
    14 posts

@ei-halla Welcome to the club, irony ...

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@kedz1992 if they are silent is because theres they have no clue what's going on yet.

• PartyMcFlyy80
    37 posts

@jmalkin177 let Ubisoft fix the game. They came up with it, they can fix it. We as players are not paid to be tech support.

• dakilro
    1 posts

How is this not patched yet jfc ubisoft is a bunch of freaking amateurs never buying another ubi game ever again

Suggested Topics