Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 430 posts

Since the last update of Connect challenges the Jomsviking fellas have vanished from the map. Every day, I've fast-travelled around England but there are none anywhere. The River Raid guys are still available but they don't count for Connect challenges.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rctx81
    7 posts

I'm unable to recruit jomsvikings from other players since last Thursday (04/08), and because of this I can't complete Ubisoft Connect's weekly challenge (Jomsviking's Brotherhood) - they don't spawn in Ravensthorpe or any other cities where I'd be able to recruit them. I'm playing on a PS4 and always online.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 794 posts

Hey @rctx81, sorry for the hiccup this issue has caused in your Weekly Challenge. If you have exhausted all steps from our PS4 Troubleshooting Guide, could you share a short video clip of your settlement and also make sure that you have your latest save uploaded to the Cloud (It will have a small cloud icon in the save slot)? This will provide some information for our team review if the issue persists.

Official Response
  • Hawke0325
    29 posts

For the past couple days no jomsvikings have showed up my dock in ravensthorpe or any city. Their icon doesn't appear either so I'm unable to recruit anyone for the j isoft challenge

• Kormac67
    659 posts

@hawke0325 There is a bunch of them in the Jomsviking Hut you built for the River Raids.
    Right after game start most of them are community JVs (you recognize them by the green owner name in their description). Once you ring the bell they are replaced by auto generated JVs.
    If you save and reload you can hire a bunch of them, I did 52 for last week.

• Hawke0325
    29 posts

@kormac67 I've tried that and still nothing in fact the name of the owner doesn't even appear on those Jomsvikings anymore

• Shade_587
    10 posts

I'm also having this problem on the PS5. No Player created Jomsviking are showing up in any town/city/etc at all to recruit. Here are a couple of screen shots of the map to show that not even the Jomsviking icon is showing up where they're supposed to be located.ImageImageImageundefined

I feel it should be noted that Jomsvikings that I recruited weeks ago from friends are (for now) showing up around the Barracks in Ravensthrope. It is specifically that no new player Jomsviking can be recruited anywhere in the world. I've tried turning off the PS5, waiting, and then restarting - no effect. The latest save is uploaded to the Cloud - no effect.

• Shade_587
    10 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ImaginaryRuins
    418 posts

Just would like to say that on Xbox One, last night (6th May) I could see and interact with players' Jomsvikings in Ravensthorpe without issues. Not sure if this observation could help the dev. team to identify the problem.

• Shade_587
    10 posts

Today the player Jomsviking are showing up and available to recruit, I was able to complete the action and get credit for the Ubisoft Weekly Challenge as soon as I got the game booted up after work. I'm not sure what caused them not to show last night, but it seems to have fixed for the time being. The Jomsviking icons are also showing on the map again.

• SpirantCrayon22

Xbox - I have not seen any Jomsviking since the Thursday changeover of Connect missions. I've had odd times where there's not been one at Ravensthorpe but that's been fixed by fast-travelling. Right now there's no-one anywhere. Hopefully my posting that is going to prompt them to reappear the moment I go back to the game.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1443 posts

@spirantcrayon22 We are not aware of any issues with Jomsviking's not appearing in the game.

As this is related to the online connection could you please go through the connectivity troubleshooting then try again if you are still experiencing this issue.

If the issue persists please let us know and I will inform the Assassin's Creed Valhalla team.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-keo

There are other posts about this problem. Whether there are not more posts because it's not a common issue or people just can't be bothered I don't know.

I have no issues with connections - Reda shows up all the time when this is going on and I already noted the River Raid guys are always there, I get spammed about bonus content whenever I do anything in the game and so on. That's before I get to the troubleshooting stuff, which shows no issues.

I trust you do not really need a video to show that there isn't a Jomsviking by the barracks, it's pretty obvious what that looks like!

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 I have merged your posts with another thread I found for this issue which you also commented on.

After looking into this again I can see that the development team were made aware of this issue and have investigated, but were unable to reproduce it. Can you please confirm the following:

• What was the last thing you did in game before you noticed the Jomsviking's had disappeared. A main quest, side quest or river raid?
    • Have you levelled up Eivor since noticing the Jomsviking's had disappeared? If not can you try doing this and confirm if the Jomsviking's reappear

If the issue still persists could you please provide a video to show the Jomsviking is not at the dock in the settlement or anywhere else on the map.

@rctx81 Apologies for the late response. Can you confirm if you are still experiencing issues with Jomsviking's not appearing?

@Shade_587 @ImaginaryRuins Thanks for the update. If you experience the issue again can you please post on this thread, thanks.

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-keo

I got a Jomsviking about twenty minutes ago. In terms of the game, there is nothing left to do for me, the only reason I play it is to keep up with Reda. I've had six skill points in the last week and updated the skill tree twice. I am unsure when those things happened with respect to looking for Jomsvikings but I think I have spent two lots of three skill points since I noticed they weren't there. The second of those was yesterday evening and after starting the game again just now the Jomsviking appeared. Of course, that means the first levelling-up did nothing.

• Ubi-Keo

@spirantcrayon22 I'm pleased to hear that you were able to find a Jomsviking.

Thanks for your feedback, I will pass this onto the dev team.

Official Response
  • Metroid_Meister
    48 posts

I'm trying to recruit a jomsviking for the Ubisoft Connect challenge. When I go to the location of where they should be they are not there.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3625 posts

Hello there @Metroid_Meister!

I'm sorry to hear you're unable to recruit any Jomsviking in-game. Are these only the Jomsviking you can purchase from settlements, or does it also include Jomsvikingr you can find at the River Raid hut in Ravensthorpe?

Would you be able to send us a video that shows these missing Jomsviking so we can pass it along to the developers for further investigation?

Thanks!

Official Response
  • SpirantCrayon22

@ubi-borealis

I am not getting the Jomsvikings anywhere either so have not been able to do that one Connect challenge. The River Raid hut is not affected, those five are all there but they don't count for the Connect challenges. Gone to various locations but nothing doing. The only one I can remember where there should be one all the time is Ravensthorpe, here's what I see there (the one you can see there is my bloke, I changed his appearance earlier in the play session).

undefined

• SpirantCrayon22

I got one just now but it's the first time I've seen one since Thursday.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics