Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/62 Replies/1592 Views
    plasticoreo
    1 posts

ESSEXE WORLD EVENT BUG (The Gleewoman)

Upon first encounter everything works fine. The woman followed me a bit and I paid her to leave me alone. I didn't pay the full price the first time so the the world event didn't finish (marker didn't disappear). The second time I pass through the ruin I found her still there. She then starts to follow me again. Although this time she does not give me the option to pay her... She just follows me endlessly no matter what I do so I fast traveled to a new location to get rid of her. I tried reloading saves yet she still doesn't let me pay her so I just pressed on with the game and left her there. But by the time I decided to go back and finish the world event the woman was no where to be found! I tried to spot her with oden's vision and my crow with no avail. Now I'm stuck with a bugged world event that is going to keep me from completing the game, please help.

• GuerrillaBlitz
    Original poster 2 posts

@the_butler2020 I have not. I was really hoping the update would fix the problem but it didn’t. Seems like a lot of issues that were addressed in the patch notes remained untouched in the update. It’s a real shame. Completionist is my last achievement.

• Adeptwayne
    1 posts

I started the Gleewoman mystery and while she followed me around for a bit, I got annoyed. I then got the prompt to speak with her and I offered her the lower amount, which of course she then still followed me around. After that, I fast traveled to a location I cannot remember, but she didn't fast travel with me. Now, I cannot complete the mystery and I don't remember where I left her. I have been back to the location of the start of the mystery, but she does not return.

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

There is this mystery in the southern part of Essexe in which I untied a woman. She then followed me around chanting verses about everything I did. After I killed some boar I had the option to give her money, I chose to give a little silver. She continued to follow me around and even got on my horse back with me. I then fast traveled to the north west of Essexe. Just when I thought I had gotten rid of her, she teleported right in the middle of the cutscene of my main mission. She then followed me into the battle. After a while, I fast traveled again but this time she didn’t follow. I tried to look for her where I first met her, the mystery point, yet she was nowhere to be found. It has been a while and I completed three more areas. I still go back to her mystery point from time to time hoping to find her in order to complete the mystery.

Here is how it happened:
    When I first arrived at the world event, I untied the woman and she started following me,
    After I killed some boars, which was around 1 minute, a chat bubble appeared and I talked to her.
    I chose the second option, paying her less silver, she then continued following me.
    After I fast traveled, she was gone and when I arrived at a quest location, she reappeared during a cutscene.
    Then she proceeded to follow me into the quest battle (attacking Port Walton I believe)
    After the battle was over, she was still here, so I fast traveled again.
    But this time, I never saw her again.
    From the moment I gave her silver, I'd say she had followed me quite some time, possibly half an hour. And there was no dialogue option ever again
    The last time I saw her was on the eastern coast of Essexe, near Port Walton

I completed all the wealth, mysteries and artifacts except this one, which is quite frustrating. So I really hope this can be fixed.

https://imgur.com/8pb2r5Z
    https://imgur.com/nUlguiF

• Sakenam
    1 posts

Having the same problem ... look all around and cant find her !

• Ebonhawk01
    2 posts

@guerrillablitz I had this exact same glitch. The only fix I have found is to reload a manual save and finish the quest as soon as you encounter Aswig. None of the other suggestions for fixing world event bugs worked for me. Do not fast travel as that seems to trigger the glitch. I lost around 5 hours of progress doing this but that was preferable to playing for 100+ hours and having to start a new game.

• Steven94NL
    3 posts

Aswig bugged out on me aswell because I only payed her the small amount, then fast-travelled because she wouldnt [censored] off. At that point, she was completely gone but the mystery didn't complete. Ended up being the only mystery left and was afraid I had to wait for a patch or redo about 65H of playtime but somehow I managed to fix it.

I'm not sure what exactly did the trick, but these were my last steps:
    went to the quest location with my boat. spent some time meditating and hanging around in the direct vicinity.
    I then travelled to Colcestre and obtained my daily contracts.
    After finishing those contracts, I fast-travelled to my boat that was still in front of the mystery location.
    Suddenly I heared the relieving sound of aswig.. ( Never thought I'd be happy to see her again... )
    She was there, tied up again, waiting to be freed and annoy the [censored] out of me again, but this time I could complete it.

Good luck trying to respawn her, hopefully they fix all those bugs someday..

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

@steven94nl
    Holy Molly! It worked!!!!
    I did exactly what you mentioned and she reappeared!!!!
    OMG I can't even describe how ecstatic I am to finally see this annoying cretin again!
    YOU SIR is a life saver.
    Now I have completed all wealth, mysteries and artifacts in all the regions!

• Steven94NL
    3 posts

@valk-is-waifu

Great to hear, congratulations on finishing the game!

Hopefully the reproduction steps are solid enough to help others get Aswig back to get rid of her aswell.. 😁

• Astro66
    3 posts

I started the Gleewoman world event in southern Essexe. I untied her and she was following me around telling me to do stuff so she could be inspired. I told here I wasn't going to pay her and she got offended but continued to follow me around. I saw a camp across the river so started to swim for it (she even sang a verse about me swimming) and heard her splash into the water behind me, but she didn't follow all the way. When I stopped hearing her talk to me I turned back but she was gone and has not returned. I explored the shore and ruins where I found here (and the marker for the world event remains) but she is no where around there. Anyone else have this issue or know what to do to complete this quest. I have long since moved on but occasionally return here (including after a few restarts and reloads of the game) to see if she is back, but she never is.

• BAMF621
    3 posts

I started the event, gave her the lowest amount of money, she followed me. Killed a few boars and still following. I fast traveled to a different area. Came back and she's gone. Reloaded save and still nothing though I don't have a save point before the event unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated

• KEEPER556
    3 posts

@bamf621 Same here...

• KEEPER556
    3 posts

@steven94nl That worked for me too! Thanks. i just checked in with the contract guy... none available, but the rest worked!

• Steven94NL
    3 posts

https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/84346/the-gleewoman-mystery-in-essexe/8?lang=en-US

May want to check this thread out, I made a post there about how i managed to fix this issue. No guarantees, but it seems to work..

• Rizzinator717
    1 posts

PLEASE FIX:
    For the “gleewoman” world event in south Essexe, I paid her the lower amount and she was still following me. I fast travelled away to worry about it later, not knowing that it would be impossible to complete the mystery later. Whenever I go to the map icon, there is nothing there that I can do. This is literally the last thing I need to get 100% completion. PLEASE FIX THIS UBISOFT!!!!!

• heiwan-haram
    2 posts

The Gleewoman event has glitched on me. After I started the quest I gave her the smallest amount of money. Then she kept following me. I couldn’t get her next dialogue to trigger. I continued playing and now she has completely vanished, but the world event icon is still where she originally spawns. She is not present at the original location where she was tied up. I’ve fast traveled and reloaded saves and tried various things to get her to spawn, but nothing is working.

• T1mzen
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • T1mzen
    3 posts
    ESSEXE WORLD EVENT BUG (The Gleewoman)

Upon first encounter everything works fine. The woman followed me a bit and I paid her to leave me alone. I didn't pay the full price the first time so the the world event didn't finish (marker didn't disappear). The second time I pass through the ruin I found her still there. She then starts to follow me again. Although this time she does not give me the option to pay her... She just follows me endlessly no matter what I do so I fast traveled to a new location to get rid of her. I tried reloading saves yet she still doesn't let me pay her so I just pressed on with the game and left her there. But by the time I decided to go back and finish the world event the woman was no where to be found! I tried to spot her with oden's vision and my crow with no avail. Now I'm stuck with a bugged world event that is going to keep me from completing the game, please help.

Same problem - 19th dec 2020

• Rwspp13
    1 posts

@plasticoreo

Same problem. Did exactly the same thing. It’s the only collectible left in Essexe and it is very frustrating.

• BAMF621
    3 posts

So I started the event where she ends up following you around. I ended up leaving before completing the event. I go back and she is gone. Unable to complete the event. Anyone know of a work around to this?

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics