Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 0 Likes/72 Replies/2032 Views
    GuerrillaBlitz
    Original poster 2 posts

I cannot complete this world event mystery due to Aswig no longer being at the quest marker. When I first did this mystery, I had the dialogue with her in which you have the options of telling her to bugger off, pay her a little silver, or pay her a little more silver. I know now that the correct option is to pay her the higher amount of silver but that does me no good if she is despawned. I told her to leave me alone and I thought this was the end of it. I fast traveled elsewhere and played multiple days before realizing I hadn’t completed Essexe. I came back to her original spawn point where she was tied up and she is no longer here or where I left her in the dialogue. I’ve spent hours riding around the woods looking for her to no avail. I’ve tried everything to force her spawn. Leaving the area and coming back, completing a separate mystery/world event and coming back, meditating, changing Eivor’s gender, leaving the animus, etc. I even asked a friend to go do her mission and select the correct dialogue and then follow her after the mission completes and tell me where she runs off to but she doesn’t go anywhere. Please fix this bug. I’m so close to the completionist achievement and I would really hate to miss it because of a glitch. Other than this painful glitch, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the game and look forward to future content. Thanks Ubisoft for another fantastic installment.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Silver_Fang000
    4 posts

In Essex there is a world event where I think a poet follows you around and eventually you will have to ask her to stop by paying her but what I did was I ran away with a horse away and eventually I fast traveled away but now I can't finish that event since she doesn't appear on the marker of the event. And I can't find her anywhere near the place that I ran off in. Anyone know a solution to this?

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

There is this mystery in the southern part of Essexe in which I untied a woman. She then followed me around chanting verses about everything i did. After I killed some boar I had the option to give her money, I chose to give a little silver. She continued to follow me around and even got on my horse back with me. I then fast traveled to the north west of Essexe. Just when I thought I had gotten rid of her, she teleported right in the middle of the cutscene of my main mission. She then followed me into the battle. After a while, I fast traveled again but this time she didn’t follow. I tried to look for her where I first met her, the mystery point, yet she was no where to be found. It has been a while and I completed three more areas. I still go back to her mystery point from time to time hoping to find her in order to complete the mystery.

Could you please fix this bug or advise me on this matter? I really want to complete all mysteries in the game.

• pjc1506
    14 posts

@valk-is-waifu Needed to give her larger amount of silver to get rid of her, have you tried going back to the last place you saw her?

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

@pjc1506
    Yes I did, I last saw her at a camp northeast of Essexe. I tried going back several time but never found her.

• Ubi-Swaggins
    Community Manager 420 posts

I am sorry to hear that you have encountered this issue.

Can you provide a brief video showing that you cannot progress the quest when you return to the World Event marker?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins

@valk-is-waifu Thanks for providing this.

I have passed it onto the team to take a closer look.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins

@valk-is-waifu
    You mention that you have gave the woman silver prior to her leaving you. Is that correct? If so, how long did she follow when you gave her the silver?

Can you provide us with a copy of your save file via our support website?

Official Response
  • Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    Yes, here is how it happened:
    When I first arrived at the world event, I untied the woman and she started following me,
    After I killed some boars, which was around 1 minute, a chat bubble appeared and I talked to her.
    I chose the second option, paying her less silver, she then continued following me.
    After I fast traveled, she was gone and when I arrived at a quest location, she reappeared during a cutscene.
    Then she proceeded to follow me into the quest battle (attacking Port Walton I believe)
    After the battle is over, she was still here, so I fast traveled again.
    But this time, I never saw her again.
    From the moment I gave her silver, I'd say she had followed me quite some time, possibly half an hour. And there was no dialogue option ever again
    The last time I saw her was on the eastern coast of Essexe, near Port Walton

I can't seem to access your support website, is there other ways I can give you my save file?

• the_butler2020
    1 posts

@guerrillablitz I am assuming that you have not figured out your fix yet?

• plasticoreo
    1 posts

ESSEXE WORLD EVENT BUG (The Gleewoman)

Upon first encounter everything works fine. The woman followed me a bit and I paid her to leave me alone. I didn't pay the full price the first time so the the world event didn't finish (marker didn't disappear). The second time I pass through the ruin I found her still there. She then starts to follow me again. Although this time she does not give me the option to pay her... She just follows me endlessly no matter what I do so I fast traveled to a new location to get rid of her. I tried reloading saves yet she still doesn't let me pay her so I just pressed on with the game and left her there. But by the time I decided to go back and finish the world event the woman was no where to be found! I tried to spot her with oden's vision and my crow with no avail. Now I'm stuck with a bugged world event that is going to keep me from completing the game, please help.

• GuerrillaBlitz
    Original poster 2 posts

@the_butler2020 I have not. I was really hoping the update would fix the problem but it didn’t. Seems like a lot of issues that were addressed in the patch notes remained untouched in the update. It’s a real shame. Completionist is my last achievement.

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

@ubi-swaggins
    any news? 😄

• Adeptwayne
    1 posts

I started the Gleewoman mystery and while she followed me around for a bit, I got annoyed. I then got the prompt to speak with her and I offered her the lower amount, which of course she then still followed me around. After that, I fast traveled to a location I cannot remember, but she didn't fast travel with me. Now, I cannot complete the mystery and I don't remember where I left her. I have been back to the location of the start of the mystery, but she does not return.

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

There is this mystery in the southern part of Essexe in which I untied a woman. She then followed me around chanting verses about everything I did. After I killed some boar I had the option to give her money, I chose to give a little silver. She continued to follow me around and even got on my horse back with me. I then fast traveled to the north west of Essexe. Just when I thought I had gotten rid of her, she teleported right in the middle of the cutscene of my main mission. She then followed me into the battle. After a while, I fast traveled again but this time she didn’t follow. I tried to look for her where I first met her, the mystery point, yet she was nowhere to be found. It has been a while and I completed three more areas. I still go back to her mystery point from time to time hoping to find her in order to complete the mystery.

Here is how it happened:
    When I first arrived at the world event, I untied the woman and she started following me,
    After I killed some boars, which was around 1 minute, a chat bubble appeared and I talked to her.
    I chose the second option, paying her less silver, she then continued following me.
    After I fast traveled, she was gone and when I arrived at a quest location, she reappeared during a cutscene.
    Then she proceeded to follow me into the quest battle (attacking Port Walton I believe)
    After the battle was over, she was still here, so I fast traveled again.
    But this time, I never saw her again.
    From the moment I gave her silver, I'd say she had followed me quite some time, possibly half an hour. And there was no dialogue option ever again
    The last time I saw her was on the eastern coast of Essexe, near Port Walton

I completed all the wealth, mysteries and artifacts except this one, which is quite frustrating. So I really hope this can be fixed.

https://imgur.com/8pb2r5Z
    https://imgur.com/nUlguiF

• Sakenam
    1 posts

Having the same problem ... look all around and cant find her !

• Ebonhawk01
    2 posts

@guerrillablitz I had this exact same glitch. The only fix I have found is to reload a manual save and finish the quest as soon as you encounter Aswig. None of the other suggestions for fixing world event bugs worked for me. Do not fast travel as that seems to trigger the glitch. I lost around 5 hours of progress doing this but that was preferable to playing for 100+ hours and having to start a new game.

• Steven94NL
    3 posts

Aswig bugged out on me aswell because I only payed her the small amount, then fast-travelled because she wouldnt [censored] off. At that point, she was completely gone but the mystery didn't complete. Ended up being the only mystery left and was afraid I had to wait for a patch or redo about 65H of playtime but somehow I managed to fix it.

I'm not sure what exactly did the trick, but these were my last steps:
    went to the quest location with my boat. spent some time meditating and hanging around in the direct vicinity.
    I then travelled to Colcestre and obtained my daily contracts.
    After finishing those contracts, I fast-travelled to my boat that was still in front of the mystery location.
    Suddenly I heared the relieving sound of aswig.. ( Never thought I'd be happy to see her again... )
    She was there, tied up again, waiting to be freed and annoy the [censored] out of me again, but this time I could complete it.

Good luck trying to respawn her, hopefully they fix all those bugs someday..

• Valk.is.Waifu
    7 posts

@steven94nl
    Holy Molly! It worked!!!!
    I did exactly what you mentioned and she reappeared!!!!
    OMG I can't even describe how ecstatic I am to finally see this annoying cretin again!
    YOU SIR is a life saver.
    Now I have completed all wealth, mysteries and artifacts in all the regions!

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics