ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ADarklore
    Original poster 194 posts

Is there any point to wearing gear sets considering the five pc bonus seems to be either extremely situational or just not worth it?

How many people are wearing multi-set pieces and which combinations are you using?

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@adarklore My Eivor is based in light weight and critical damage and is a super fast killing machine with lots of stamina. I use runes and weapons that decrease weight and add critical damage. I use two seaxes as they are light and fast and their combos are unstoppable. The perks on both seax and my bow are all about critical damage aswell.

ARMOUR:
    So am using 2 pieces of Nilfheim armour, the cloack and the torso, which increases critical chance after each kill up to 3 times.I got one diamond rune that increases speed

2 pieces of brigandine armour,they are heavy but I use runes to decrease their weight, the Helmet and the Bracers,which increases armour when surrounded by more than 2 enemies.

Finally the mentor trousers as they only weight seven,I added a rune of extra armour to them

WEAPONS
    Viper bow,
    weights 6,increases Critical chance after each hit up to 10 times, plus diamond rune that increases attack after each hit,again,up to 10 times

Suttungrs claw in main hand.
    Weights 6. Increases critical damage after each hit up to 10 times. Diamond rune that increases Critical chance the lighter you are.

Kopis on second hand. Restores a low amount of Health for each critical hit. Diamond rune that increases critical damage when close to full health.

I am supper happy with my built,fast,kill in one or two hits,bosses don't last long either. And is fun as is close combat.

Here a video if you want to check the other runes I got equipped.

• AlePlay
    695 posts

this is my style:

(fake attack + parry)

My set: Dwarven Ax + Raven Shield
    I use full set of the crow so I base everything on stunning, a new thing for me, I've always preferred speed,

but in Valhlalla, you can use a parry before the end of an animation of attack
    so I can delude an enemy that I'm about to hit him,
    and then take cover with the parry with the aim of making it open in an attack and then stun it with a.... parry! XD

The Bow
    Prefer the hunting bow, even if in the raids, it is definitely better to use the light and fast one ...! The one as a predator in the stealth phase to play as a sniper ..!

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@caosck wow, you killed one of the daughters of ( I forgot name) underleveled,am amazed. You are good! And your strategy works really well,am just impatient. She kicked my lower back first time I confronted her,had another built though, non consistent and tbh am very bad at coordination so can't base my style on parrying dodging haha. Thumbs up for you.
    Chao

• AlePlay
    695 posts

@garbo3 its cordelia! the last of 3 ..! the most bi**** XD ..! (I was at level 240 if I remember correctly) thank you ! I hope I was an inspiration! dodging and parrying are too much fun, they are satisfying

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@caosck oh that (insert here female dog noun). Is satisfying yes,when you manage to do it 😄. I am practicing my timings. Is my own challenge to entertain myself until we got something new to do. Parry and dodge self challenge.

• AlePlay
    695 posts

@garbo3 with this type of boss you have to be patient, as soon as it opens to hit you, if you see red, ready to dodge, otherwise parry, and then PUNISH HIM !!

• Ken_Koerperich
    68 posts

Had to 'hybrid' sets as there is no real Bow User Set...

2 pcs Huntsman

3 pcs Einherjar

Hunnish Bow

Modraniht Ceremonial Seax

Veurr Shield

3 Greater Warrior Runes

13 Greater Hunter Runes

1 Brigandine Rune

3 Chained Fury Runes

6 Greater Runes of Rage

• Garbo3
    778 posts

@ken_koerperich interesting,I barely use the bow in this game,but I am enjoying it a lot in Ghost of tsushima with the tayadori armour,you would love it.

• TheExpCoffee
    31 posts

@adarklore

I don't run hybrid sets, but I can see why some people prefer them.

Currently, I'm running with the Iberian armour set you can unlock from the Dublin trading system in Wrath of the Druids, and using Gungnir + Ceremonial Sickle and using dodges as a way to boost my attack damage and crit chances + damage. My skill tree isn't fully upgraded; I think I'm on somewhere like 294 PWR or upwards, but I've upgraded evades and such to increase my evasion abilities and use dodges to hit crazy combos.

Hybrid sets, on the contrary, I believe have the capability of bringing strategies such as this and more. Depending on what you're going for, I've heard using a combination of certain armours and rune setups alongside shields like the Raven Shield to boost certain aspects of gameplay. Bear in mind that -- and this can be rather detrimental if you're going for a particular type of build, say poison build-up or such -- you will not be receiving the full 5/5 bonus for using hybrid sets. That's the only real downside in my opinion.

Of course, you can get a workaround, but it's all up to you. I recommend experimenting with certain builds before you solidify your gameplay techniques. It takes some time. And also... don't rush it with armour builds. Let it come naturally, but definitely such for some pieces if you find they work. Runes will also assist a ton here.

Kill those zealots and other Order members for big runes!

Best of luck mate.

• TheExpCoffee
    31 posts

@unifiedmeg1 Allow me to correct myself. I've heard using those combinations alongside the Raven Shield is extremely efefctive for providing those boosts you're going for. There's quite a few of them.

• davidtsmith333
    67 posts

@adarklore Other than early in the game when I couldn't then acquire a complete armor set I always equip full armor sets for whichever. And yes it's worth it for the perks you get as a result. I know some people mix and match but I don't. I've equipped various armor sets including the Hel's Damnation (which was one of my favourites for quite a while), Thor's (which I then preferred and kept for a good while too)....and then I found the Gothic armour set which is the only one I use now as I think it's superior to all others for it's included health regen perk. I have not found any other armour set that has that and it comes in very useful even though during combat with my maxed skills and weapons I generally hardly lose much health but yeah it can come in very handy in a crunch.

BTW, the weapons I stick with now are two spears: the Gae Bolg (main hand) paired with Odin's spear (secondary hand). Can't go wrong with that combo. Very deadly.

• Fortyniners354
    46 posts

I run 2 Niflheim for the crit chance and 2 Gothic for the health restore. I got both from Reda. Most of my go-to weapons have some level of health restore after a crit hit.

Suggested Topics