Continue your odyssey

Welcome to discussion

Welcome to discussion

Quick Suggestions

Hello! These new forums are an open beta and we welcome your feedback in this section.
  • Membank
    4 posts

Workaround right now is to play in offline mode. You lose the ability to do opal stuff since it's account tied, but if you're offline you can't see any photos. Otherwise the game plays the same in offline mode.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2029 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I've merged together several threads about being unable to filter out Community Photos in the Misc map settings. This issue was marked as resolved in TU 1.0.4. As we have had no new reports that this issue persists, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any trouble when using the map filters, or with the Community Photos feature, please don't hesitate to open a new thread so we can investigate further.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • sernert
    1 posts

I have the same problem, also on PC.
    Turned off the Misc catagory to no effect. Even tried removing them individually with 'Delete' but they came back after a while 😞
    My humble opinion is that this should be set to off by default or atleast limited to friends if you insist on having it on by default.
    Main reason for this would be potential spoilers and clutter on the map.

• Membank
    4 posts

@xrayspex_73 it's fine, ubi support has now said "This issue has not been reported by other players so there is no current mention of it being a bug" when I called them out on it not working.

Just 10/10 quality support.

• SinfulDanTheMan
    57 posts

@membank thats slightly infuriating. lets all go report it and link to this post

• Alizzlegetit
    2 posts

PLEASE LET US REMOVE COMMUNITY PHOTOS THEY ARE CLOGGING UP MY MAP. I can get rid of psn but not ubisoft this is annoying. And the assassinations are not working properly as well i am going to wait to play this further until an update can address these issues. I even tried unlinking my ubisoft from the game and its still there!!!! Like come on i paid my money dont release things if they are not fully ready to keep pace we want quality

• Brad2707
    8 posts

@Membank Jeez, that's extremely frustrating. It's been 5 days, any bug report will be the first. Least they could do is take it seriously. You could very easily read this forum, switch to the game, and recreate the issue. If there was some multi-step convoluted mess of a situation they had recreate to duplicate the bug, alright, take it with a grain of salt. But you can see this within 1 minute of booting the game.

@ubi-someone we're all here. Also, when you inevitably (and you should) fire your QA crew, you got an entire forum of fiery bug hunting warriors.

• Membank
    4 posts

@brad2707 my snarky [censored] replied to them with 5 other posts of people saying it wasn't working after they told me to check the wrong forum for support.

• Raski0611
    107 posts

I Hope the Pictures stay there for you all so you can enjoy my pretty Instagram eivor. 100% beautifullness and spoilerfree, please leave a Like when you see my pictures.

• dxdtf
    1 posts

Doesnt matter if you toggle them off in world map legend, they either are not removed at all, but if they are, they return shortly. Really dislike this unnecessary clutter in map, also they contain spoilers. Pls let me get rid of them. Same bug was in Origins too.

• ThaRealCuber
    9 posts

Why haven't they learned from Odyssey!! It was annoying as hell in that game, it was eventually fixed and now the release Valhalla with the same, broken, annoying photo bombs on your game map blocking views and sitting there without a decent option to shut it down.

The online error regarding photo's when deleting them is even more annoying.

This needs a fix and a guarantee this will never happen again in future releases.

• Ubi-Baron
    Ubisoft Support Staff 730 posts

@GeminiG0d @ThaRealCuber Thank you for reporting this to us.

Just to confirm, do you see this filter issue with any of the other filters on the map or just with Photos?

Official Response
  • ThaRealCuber
    9 posts

@ubi-baron don't know, haven't tried the other filters because I want to see those icons. I just have a problem with the photos because they are bugging me and won't go away.

• Rantoc
    1 posts

Where do i permanently disable the "Community Photos" that for many means spoilers and map clutter IE an annoyance rather than a boon?

ALSO - The temporary measure to use the filters on the mini-map doesn't work either, the spoilers and map clutter still appear and the selected preference is NOT saved - Great job that should have taken any Q&A about 5 second to notice. Ohh and it was bugged in orgins too - Bugged on purpose perhaps?

• HoodedKeeper
    12 posts

@rantoc The last game had a filter on the map to either show 'all photos', 'my photos', or 'no photos'. It doesn't appear that Valhalla has this option yet. When/if it is added you should see it listed in the controls at the bottom of the map screen. There was never an option to hide spoiler specific ones as far as I'm aware.

• CookieSenpai
    1 posts

The title pretty much explains my issue, I dont want to see any photos on my map and have tried turning the option on and off to no avail, restarted my game etc, still seeing photos.

• Shdw_Phnx
    16 posts

From the map, pulling up the LEGEND shows 4 categories. The 4th is Misc, and if clicked on is SUPPOSED to toggle between show and hide. However, currently they do not disable or hide any of the items (photos) from showing up on the map.

• headless8
    2 posts

@lamijah
    Yeah, i know, i contacted ubisoft support got two replies asking for info and the was told my case was listed as a complaint and i should look in the forums.
    the only thing i can do to make them disappear; is dislike them and hide them. Which is just as annoying as having them clutter my map uselessly!

• KItKat1975
    2 posts

I have been trying to report this issue (as the online pop up tells you to) but you can't actually submit the case request with Ubisoft as the submit button is just text on both the mobile & PC website...so friggin usual of ubisoft to stuff it up AGAIN...

• Aiwha85
    1 posts

@wilderdk it never does, it doesn’t in phoenix rising either

• Asgardian02
    1932 posts

its supper annoying that you cant turn this off.

This is just another feature in which valhalla is a downgrade from odyssey

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics