Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• falo2k
    21 posts

Stuck opening a chest in Meldeburne (inside the church with the prisoners in cages and the upper level). Another viking has come to help open it but it will not finish opening, we both stand there pushing it like a pair of lemons. If I let go of it, they continue to try and beckon for help. I can resume the attempt to open it to no avail.

• Ubi-Spud
    Ubisoft Support Staff 700 posts

@psyozide Hey there, thank you for your report! We have had a few reports regarding this issue. One workaround is to go to another area in the raid, then come back and try to open it again. Let me know if this works! If not, you could try loading an earlier save.

Official Response
  • csahendriks
    19 posts

@fiesermoep
    Yes, that usually works, except when it doesn't and I have to load an earlier save and do the raid again. Heck, I've even had a few CTDs during raids. What happens is the AI companions start doing their headless chicken thing, then suddenly button prompts to open doors/chests disappear, and then all of a sudden, CTD. It's like the game runs into so many bugs it just gives up and dies.

• jandraelune
    117 posts

@falo2k Same location but a different chest, I can try to open the chest, but no raider actually goes to the chest. They run into the room and get 5' away and turn around or just stand next to the chest, none of them touch the chest.

Edit: Funny thing. Went around clearing minor chests and opening other cages, and new hostile NPCs spawned and after that a raider was already trying to open that one chest which that let me open it.

• falo2k
    21 posts

@jandraelune When the basics of looting chests get overly complicated to the point that either AI or animations can break things. Big round of applause to the design behind that.

• longjohn119
    547 posts

A stuck crew member keeps me from opening a chest .... I need help but everyone else just stands around looking stupid .... I move on and then notice an exclamation point after he gets unstuck all by himself ...... It definitely has something to do with the guy stuck standing next to the door ......

• sparten446
    2 posts

@longjohn119 this happened to me too! How i fixed it was I went back to the boat and all the crew reset, then I went back to the chest and it fixed it! Hope this helps!

• longjohn119
    547 posts

@sparten446
    Yeah I think he got unstuck when I left the grounds to go in that underground passage ...... I had problem earlier when I went into another monastery alone and then tried to call in my crew because I had run out of arrows because the Aim Assist is also broken so you waste arrows but they didn't show up ..... I did find I could free some prisoners and they would fight but after everyone was killed they'd just run off and I couldn't get in the door or remove the top of the large chest because I had no help .... took about 6 tries on the horn before they finally showed up

I was going to record a full gameplay from the start but I knew it would just get ruined by all the bugs .... I'm about to just give up and go back to Odyssey and see if I can win the last two things from the store I don't have .... No aim assist is a huge let down for someone like me that specializes in archer style gameplay ..... Not being able to easily switch between bows and not being able to craft arrows and always running out ..... It's just sucked all the fun out of it for me ..... It's just a frustrating mess .....

• Buxx345
    1 posts

I've been forcing open the first chest for 20 minutes now. The raiders will make it to the pulpit, stop and then run away. The designated raider to push will then cycle to the next one who does the same thing. Can the designated raider just be the closest one to you and just move to the closest spot next to your location? Or is there a workaround?

• asuhayda
    10 posts

When raiding I press the button to interact with the barricaded door but Eivor just gets stuck in the animation, asking for help, but no one comes. The same happens when trying to get help opening chests. After backing out and trying multiple times I've eventually been able to get it to work but in the meantime, it's extremely annoying.

• pache711
    1 posts

@falo2k I just had this problem too. To fix it I had to go back to my long boat and start the raid again. Everyone was still dead so I just ran back up to the chest. Waited for another raider to get fairly close to me and then tried opening it again.

• Check_S6x
    4 posts

Same problem. No one would enter the small room to help. They all stood at the door looking in. So I left the area to ransack around and when I came back I had a mate asking for help to open it. Resolved itself.

• SiBer_SBS
    6 posts

@ashiyuki Same issue here (currently on patch 1.0.2)
    Very frustrating - they just turn around at the door like you show in your pic.

• SiBer_SBS
    6 posts

@check_s6x This worked, thanks.

• phlegethoth
    5 posts

I stood there for 10 seconds while checking a email because the animation of opening that chest is already long enough, then after I checked my email and looked up, there was a distinct lack of opened chest on my screen. So I waited for another 10 seconds, before fetching my keyboard and recorded this video

• towler94
    1 posts

When I raid saint albanes abbey there's a chest you need 2 people to open however the animation works but the chest stays shut therefore dosent count towards opening or gaining materials.

• Ubi-Spud

Hey there! We are aware of issues with raiding and are looking into it. I'm glad you found a workaround. I will share this with the team!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Swaggins
    Ubisoft Support Staff 346 posts

@asuhayda Thank you for reaching out, sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

Can you confirm if you start the Raid from your Longship or do you arrive at the location on foot or via mount and then start the Raid?

Official Response
  • Ubi-Spud

Hey folks! We are aware of issues with your crew during raids. Yes, going to another location in the area and coming back can resolve this but I appreciate this is a workaround and not a fix. Any updates to this issue with be communicated in the forums. Thank you for your patience!

Official Response
  • zemudocks
    1 posts

In some cases, once Eivor is waiting at a chest for a crewmate to help open it, people just walk past and don't help. Same problem with doors. I personally had this happen to me and it lasted 10 minutes. The only workaround I can see for now is to close your game and retry.

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics