Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• TheExpCoffee
    30 posts

@teh_greg

There are so many aspects of Valhalla that are just wholly intent on or entrenched on the idea of gear farming, yet we get a 'free content' package which then throws that entire subject out the window. Seriously? It almost invalidates the whole process for those of us who have long beaten the game and are waiting on some -- any -- side content. Great job Ubi...

• Garbo3
    Original poster 778 posts

I was expecting to struggle but not as much. I only done the first two training ones,the bear ,is almost impossible to get a gold,but fair enough I didn't achieve all that was asked.

BUT on the wolf training challenge I did a perfect score,took most of the guards by indirect kill but surprise!! My COUNTER KEPT RESETING TO ZERO if I killed a guard by a direct shot... WTH?? So I got so upset and frustrated that I quitted the game.
    And yes,all this time gathering gear and runes hard to find to build a playstyle that suits you for nothing.
    Can someone tell me if during the very 1st wolf challenge the counter reset to zero all the time?? If it is intended I don't understand how it works,I think it was a bug.
    Thanks
    😊

• TheExpCoffee
    30 posts

@garbo3

The challenge at Odin Mine Hideout is bugged as hell. I accrue absolutely no points for fulfilling the criteria on the Trial of the Bear and stun attacks are virtually impossible, as the window never opens up given the basic-as build you're given. Ubi really need to up their game with this one... I'm not liking it so far.

• Sahzaam
    3 posts

@bielik01 yeah that was a bummer was hoping for more

• GhostAgent14
    108 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • GhostAgent14
    108 posts

@theexpcoffee

I really appreciated what you said here, as I feel the same. These challenges seem so perpendicular to how the game has been so far. If I used an analogy, I would describe AC Valhalla as cruising down the highway at a good clip with these mastery challenges running it off the road into the ditch!! Lol

• LegateHawk
    25 posts

if anyone has gold on the wolf challenge on odins mine hideout pls tell me how to, cause sometimes the enemies have just killed themselves on fall dmg or fire pots. I cannot do this [censored] anymore like you need to have a perfect run this is not even fun i've been trying for hours, imagine you get it all the way to the end but then you miss one shot and well thats it this one is wayyyyyyyyyyyy too difficult, pls help me

• ChuckKatse
    283 posts

I think the Developers who designed the Mastery Challenge need to do the content. Oh and make sure you make videos of your progress. Then you will know how pathetic some of the challenges are. Oh and the rewards are a joke also. I did one challenge (Assassination) to get a gold medalion for the Skadi's AX. I am not wasting anymore of my time on content that has completion requirements so far left field it is almost impossible to complete them.Not to mention the bugs with many of them.

• bielik01
    954 posts

@chuckkatse they're difficult as hell, only Bear Trials seem to doable, two days and I got six gold medals
    I don't know if I have the nerve to try to get other nine...

maybe if they would implement my suggestions from https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/99152/mastery-challenges-suggestions the challenges could get a little easier, because we would know how many conditions are yet to be meet and that could help us to plan our actions better

• Garbo3

@theexpcoffee I hate it,is broken,bugged or impossible to achieve,only causes frustration 😤 so I park the game til the siege of Paris. Not wasting my time and health in this challenges, honestly they make me sick physically, as am not well stress triggers my symptoms badly so no challenges for me thanks.

• bielik01
    954 posts

@garbo3, @TheExpCoffee I have a trick for stun attacks... I try to parry every attack, then after third or fourth attempt the enemy is stunned
    for me Wolf Trials are difficult, especially those where you got to aim for weak points and kill with headshots with regular bow

• Garbo3

@bielik01 Damn,I haven't even tried those wolf ones ,hitting weak points,poor us gamers. Wth were they thinking,yes is a challenge,but not a Goddamn torture ffs.
    Thanks for the tip BTW but I won't touch this challenges anymore.

• LegateHawk
    25 posts

i'm here to say that i have gotten all of the gold medals after wasting this literal entire day and it was not worth it at all in anyway other than the trophies i guess, for anyone who does not care about trophies pls just ignore these challenges they are way too hard and reward you with absolutely nothing

• boo-yah1907
    232 posts

Odin mine hideout wolf challenge is BROKEN!!!!!!!

• TheExpCoffee
    30 posts

@bielik01

I find Wolf and Bear Trials relatively easy. It was just that one Odin Mine challenge that was overly bugged -- and no, unfortunately I parried in the same ways and patterns and to no avail. Also, I love how we don't get the option to choose a build or playstyle that accommodates one of the three trial types. For instance, I personally run a dodge build, and never really parry at all. It would just be nice if we had some variety... I know in that Odin Mine Hideout challenge we're given the Fryd Spear, but even that doesn't work when your challenge is to stun attack...

Bear in mind I've only attempted two different locations, but I believe my point remains...

• Garbo3

@legatehawk Thanks for the heads up.I won't feel so bad now seeing that I am not missing any important stuff.

• BigDaddyTank33
    2 posts

Stupid update literally took away all custom controls set for the buttons….please fix

• TheExpCoffee
    30 posts

@boo-yah1907

Indeed it is.

• reyrod01
    8 posts

@ghostagent14 I think they're awful. I play as an Assassin, so I earned gold in the Raven trials at three shrines (not sure how many there are), but the Bear and Wolf trials I have ZERO interest in. And what's our final reward for opening the door? More armor? More weapons? I have no idea, but I already have a crap ton of those useless pieces of junk. I don't need/want anymore. At this point, I'm just waiting for the new game to come out, whenever that's gonna be.

• GhostAgent14
    108 posts

You know, everyone, I was thinking that the Summer Solstice will take place this Sunday, June 20th. I can't help but think that a festival in the game celebrating that would have been so much more in the spirit of AC Valhalla than these utterly ridiculous mastery challenges. I'm beginning to think that they should be renamed to misery challenges!! But seriously, I just really feel that Ubisoft dropped the ball with this aspect of the new update. And I'm someone who almost always sees the glass half full and have only good things to say about AC Valhalla, but this part of the update is just a huge letdown.

Suggested Topics