Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• pesto.
    Original poster 124 posts

This new forum is very messy on Safari under IOS. Its just not well designed for touch.

• This message pane im typing in right now has so little room for copy when the on-screen keyboard is active that the text is clipping out of its div
    • Infinite scroll is horrible whe all you want to do is get out of the thread by navigating to the top and out as you would with traditional forums. Now you have to go theough a menu that often doesnt fully preload and the text doesnt fit in correctly.
    • Layout is messy. I prefer subforums to filters, the current approach puts too much information up front at once without any real organkzation
    • Constant reloads. The layout is always shifting multiple times as the site loads.
    • Very slow performance, this compounds the other issues to make it a frustrating experience compared to a simple text forum

i should add that the site also tries to reload constantly before log in, if you can get to a sub forum or thread it stops. But logging in also causes it to then reload multiple times before settling. If you cannot log in then the site is stuck in an infinite reload loop.

Oh and even worse, the input text field for “new topic” resets the caps lock every time you press delete/backspace which makes edits a total PITA. It also blocks autocomplete and spell check, less painful but annoying with an iPhone and swipe keys.

The infinite loop reload seems to be tied to if you have checked “remember me” on login. Which it never does by the way.

Please start fixing this abomination of a piece of web software.

Ditch the fold in/out transition crap that’s impossible to tap on a touch device, prefetch content and use divs to load in content rather than refreshing the entire slow-as-molasses page multiple times. Offer the option of paginated threads rather than infinite scroll that breaks tap-to-top.

Oh and fix the text fields so that they don’t repeat the first two words of any new post…

Is no one else experiencing the absolutely broken experience on mobile for this forum?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• pesto.
    This post is deleted!
  • pesto.
    This post is deleted!
  • pesto.
    This post is deleted!
  • pesto.
    This post is deleted!
  • pesto.

Please undelete my posts here with the other reported bugs @Ubi-Woofer otherwise I really can only conclude that ubisoft is treating this forum as a self cleaning bin.

• Ubi-Woofer
    Ubisoft Support Staff 799 posts

Hello @pesto! I sincerely apologise for the delay in getting back to you here in your own thread. I'll do my best to address each of the issues / items of feedback you have raised with regard to the experience on mobile on iOS in turn, and then if you have any additional questions or concerns afterward, you are of course welcome to reply again and we can discuss further! 🙂

As I mentioned and demonstrated in this thread, the contents of each of your original posts in this thread have been merged into the first post of the thread, so I'll address everything you mentioned in all of those posts below. Merging the posts keeps the boards neater for everyone else reading, so I hope you don't mind that I did that!

• Cramped text entry when on-screen keyboard is engaged:
      • Can you please clarify for me which iOS device it is that you are using? Which browser are you using on your respective device as well?
    • Infinite scroll not allowing for easy forum navigation:
      • I am sorry to hear that you feel this way about the infinite scroll method of navigation. We do in fact offer the option of pagination, which you can enable from the settings menu. This may suit you better, and you can also customise the number of posts / threads you want to see displayed on a page at a time. Any ideas for improvements for the infinite scroll navigation that you think would improve the experience are also very welcome, and I'll happily pass those onto the forum development team.
    • Messy layout / preference of subforums:
      • Which subforums do you feel are missing, and in what context (i.e. discussion, Player Support, community building?). Do you find the tagging system easy to use?
    • Constant reloading of pages (including when logging in)
      • This does not sound like intended behaviour, and may be an issue. Could you estimate for me how frequently you notice the page reloading, and also check for me on each instance whether new posts have appeared in the thread you are viewing at the time of the reload?
      • Regarding the reloading when logging in - the site itself should not reload more than once, though in the upper-right corner / profile section your profile itself should refresh upon sign-in. When you are attempting to sign in, do you always open a new instance of Discussions, or visit an existing one in your browser?
      • In terms of the "Remember Me" option not working correctly for all users, we are aware of this and investigating. Please refer to this megathread for that issue.
    • Slow performance
      • Do you find that performance is hindered if using the website on a desktop device, or an alternative mobile device? Or just on the device you normally use?
    • CAPS Lock reset via backspace / delete; autocomplete and spellcheck also non-functional
      • I haven't heard of any other users mentioning this issue. Are you able to provide any screenshots or a short screen recording demonstrating this particular issue? You can upload it via a site such as YouTube and then share the link here for us to review it.
    • Fold in / out transitions
      • Could you please clarify what you are referring to by this? Do you mean the side menus which open when you swipe to the right or left?
    • Text fields repeating the first two words of a new post
      • This is another issue that I am unfamiliar with, and has not been mentioned by any other users to my knowledge. Which words do you typically see stored / repeated when creating a new post? Are you able to provide screenshots or a short screen recording that demonstrates this issue as well?

Thank you. 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics