Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Z1M_ka
    Original poster 4 posts

Patch 1.2.2. The game crashing if clicked "Continue" or "Load game".

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2877 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

The development team released a hot fix in TU 1.2.2.1 to address some lingering crashing issues following TU 1.2.2.

We will now be marking this thread as resolved.

We know that there can be several causes behind crashes in-game, and understand that some of you may still be encountering issues with crashes whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. If you are encountering crashing in-game, we would encourage you first to try some basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. These help to tackle common causes behind crashes:

If you're still encountering crashes after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website. This will allow our team to collect more information about your system, and help us to troubleshoot further. When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfo, DxDiag and launcher logs (PC only).
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including those on the linked troubleshooting guides.
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you may be receiving.
    • If the crashes occur when you carry out specific actions, such as starting a quest, fast travelling or interacting with NPCs.
    • When these crashes first started (such as after a game update, a system update, or upon installing the game for the first time).

All of this information is helpful for our team to carry out further investigation on what may potentially causing your game to crash.

@Eman882 - As the stutters you are encountering in-game are different to the issue being investigated within this thread, I would recommend opening up a new thread with your findings. This will help us to investigate the issue you're encountering separately, without going off-topic within this thread.

@ChuckKatse - If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the all of the troubleshooting steps for PC linked above. If you continue to experience crashes and freezing in-game, please can you open up a support ticket so our team can investigate further.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello @Z1M_ka,

Sorry to hear that your game keeps crashing.

Can you please perform all the troubleshooting steps listed in this article? This will help you to eliminate any potential software conflicts that can cause crashes.

Many thanks and if you have any additional questions, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Osiris_Revenge
    16 posts

Issue started since Title Update 1.2.2 was fine before ...

just happened to me 3 times in a row

• Rikypork
    2 posts

I've downloaded ac valhalla from ubisoft connect, and every time i try to play, it crash before the title screen, I've already asked here for this problem and after the answer i tried to verify the game files and I've tried also to run ubisoft connect as an administrator, but it still doesn't work. I've also updated all the drivers.

CPU: intel core I5- 10500
    GPU: NVidia Geforce GTX 1650
    RAM: 16gb dual channel 3200Mhz

• Geo_RO
    1 posts

hi guys,
    pls help me, from first minute i play until now (240 hours) my game just crushing after every achivement.
    i am wonder just to me happend???
    it's frustrating!
    tnx and sorry for my english 😄

• Z1M_ka
    Original poster 4 posts

The game crashes anyway. As far as I know, this problem is widespread.

• FiLLIKa
    1 posts

@z1m_ka
    Same problem. Game just crashed

• Fall3nmimo
    1 posts

@z1m_ka
    I have same problem , after resume game ... game just crash

• DemonDR
    1 posts

after the patch, when trying to start a feast, the game crashes

• Rustam0705
    1 posts

@z1m_ka Same problem. After updating to Patch 1.2.2, the game crashes when you try to load a save or click continue. It is crashes exclusively on saves at locations in England. I checked the files. Drivers are the latest

• badpytonncop
    11 posts

@z1m_ka ps4 crash also, but i can load a new game.

• badpytonncop
    11 posts

@ubi-mark this problem on PS4 also,

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    63 posts

@z1m_ka if the game can run in DX11 or non vulkan, mode would be better, just like GRB. as we know , for many AMD GPU players, it sometimes have such issue when plying a game under vulkan, and both for N or AMD GPU, DX12 usually have the same situation.

• Vatandi
    9 posts

Same problem.

• Arizona2020
    1 posts

Yeah, I'm having a similar issue, due to the new Mastery Challenge update. Before this update, I could go hours without any single issue. After updating the game I experience constant crashes. Mind you, I can load a save game. The crashes occur when entering new areas and fast traveling. I'm basically confined to where I loaded into. I checked game integrity and that's all good. Hardware isn't an issue either.

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    63 posts

i upgrade the chipset driver( it is newest, date at June/2021), for my motherboard, AMD, i find it is better now, at least i can play it stably than before on old chipset driver.

• heyKokc
    3 posts

• Shev1984
    10 posts

Same problem. PS5

• Shev1984
    10 posts

@vm4m9tz4pb Your chipsets have nothing to do with it! Same on PS5

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hello Vikings,

Thank you for your continuous updates and I'm really sorry to hear that your game is crashing.

Could you please contact our team on our Support Site?
    Please attach both of the following system files:

It will help our Customer Support team to investigate this further for you. If you have any additional questions, please let us know. Apologies for any inconvenience caused by this.

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics