Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BennyMartins
    7 posts

Hey @ubi-borealis

I still haven't tried any raid, just went to a different part of the map and tried other stuff, which, up until now, didn't make my game crash.
    When I try to raid again, if my game crashes, I'll update my ticket.

In the NVIDIA program I changed AC Valhalla to the dedicated GPU. I could already run the game at max capabilities with the "normal" NVIDIA but I'll try the high-performance one anyway.

I had to do a search on the internet to know what is the KNDBWM.exe, never heard of it before, and I still don't really understand what it is... what is it? But the main crashes only started happening after the last update if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks in advance for your help and I'll let you know if something happens! 🤜 🤛

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2837 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

The development team released a hot fix in TU 1.2.2.1 to address some lingering crashing issues following TU 1.2.2.

We will now be marking this thread as resolved.

We know that there can be several causes behind crashes in-game, and understand that some of you may still be encountering issues with crashes whilst playing Assassin's Creed: Valhalla. If you are encountering crashing in-game, we would encourage you first to try some basic troubleshooting steps for your platform. These help to tackle common causes behind crashes:

If you're still encountering crashes after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you open a support ticket via the Ubisoft Support website. This will allow our team to collect more information about your system, and help us to troubleshoot further. When opening a support ticket, please include the following information:

• A copy of your MSinfo, DxDiag and launcher logs (PC only).
    • All troubleshooting steps you have tried so far, including those on the linked troubleshooting guides.
    • Any error messages or pop-ups you may be receiving.
    • If the crashes occur when you carry out specific actions, such as starting a quest, fast travelling or interacting with NPCs.
    • When these crashes first started (such as after a game update, a system update, or upon installing the game for the first time).

All of this information is helpful for our team to carry out further investigation on what may potentially causing your game to crash.

@Eman882 - As the stutters you are encountering in-game are different to the issue being investigated within this thread, I would recommend opening up a new thread with your findings. This will help us to investigate the issue you're encountering separately, without going off-topic within this thread.

@ChuckKatse - If you haven't already, I would recommend trying the all of the troubleshooting steps for PC linked above. If you continue to experience crashes and freezing in-game, please can you open up a support ticket so our team can investigate further.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for the update, @BennyMartins!

KNDBWM.exe looks to be part of the SmartByte software. From what I can tell, SmartByte is a software that comes pre-installed on some PCs/laptops, which may be why it's present on your system.

There are a number of potential causes behind the crashes to suddenly beginning after the last game update. There may have been a software or system update conflicting with the game, or any newly installed programmes may be interfering. It can also be related to issues such as out-of-date drivers, or running the game above your system specs. As every system is different, it's hard to identify a single cause behind any crash. This is one of the reasons we ask for system files, as this helps us to get a much better understanding of what's going on with your individual system 🙂

If you continue to experience crashes when taking part in a raid, please don't hesitate to update your support ticket. Make sure you include the location of the raid where the crashes occur, as if the crashes consistently only occur in this location, even after troubleshooting, this could be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis hello again.

So far, I've updated the ticket two more times and I'm glad you guys/gals are trying to help... the thing is that I'm getting tired of trying a bunch of stuff I never needed before...

Before the last game update, I ran the game on max specs, even without using my dedicated GPU which I'm using now, and the game didn't crash so far as I remember. Even if my pc had corrupted files or antyhign else, the game didn't crash before the update so it's very unlikely my pc is the problem.
    Some of my work stuff, and other games, are "heavy" on specs and my pc runs them smoothly without any crash or problems.

Everything is up to date considering drivers, windows updates and it recently was in the shop for normal maintenance which I have periodically.

Hopefully someone from your side has something new to tell me on the support ticket... 😫 🤞

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @BennyMartins!

Thanks for sharing an update with me! I'm sorry to hear that the issue still persists for you after trying some more troubleshooting steps. I've checked out your ticket, and I can see that you've already tried a lot of steps.

In your first post, you mentioned that the crashes happened after you started a raid. I'd like to explore this a bit more. Can you let me know which raid you were taking part in before the crashes occurred?

Can you also let me know if these crashes occur only during raids, or if they happen anywhere else in-game? If they happen in a specific location, or only when carrying out certain actions, this could help us to work out what could be potentially causing the crashes for you.

If these crashes happen only during raids, can you please try lowering your in-game graphics settings to see if this allows you to progress in the raid? Even if your system meets the specs to run the game with Ultra high graphics, I'd like you to try this workaround to work out if it's a graphical issue causing the crashes.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • BennyMartins
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis hello again.

I've just tried another thing which was fully disabling MSI Dragon Center but that didn't work out either, unfortunately 😖

So far, it's been happening in the Meldeburne, Grantebridgescire location. Doesn't matter if I start a raid or not, because the game crashes either way. I enter from whatever side I want, eliminate a guard or two, or do anything else for that matter, and the game just crashes on me.
    I was able to get the last chest and right after the game crashed. Fortunately, the game saved right after I got the chest 😌

I'll try the same location yet again lowering my graphics and let you know if that works but I think that would be kind of weird, I donno...

Thanks again.

• UbiStorm
    Ubisoft Support Staff 42 posts

Hey there @bennymartins! I do understand that lowering the graphics settings does seem a bit weird, but it would still be useful to note if this makes a difference! Were you able to give that a try?

Official Response
  • Steelherd
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • BennyMartins
    7 posts

@UbiStorm @Ubi-Borealis hello, good afternoon.

I work for a living so I can't always be playing. Sorry for the delay 😌

I lowered the quality of a few graphics options but it didn't improve anything. I raised them again and got the same result...
    I've also verified my game files again and all is good.

I have another raid to do in the Grantebridgescire area so, and since it's a different location, I'm going to try and do it and I'll let you know what happened.

• BennyMartins
    7 posts

@UbiStorm @Ubi-Borealis hello again.

Just finished the raid at the Isle of Ely Monastery in Grantebridgescire with sucess with the graphics at max just as I played so far. The game was all smooth, no lag, no crashes.

With this I'm thinking there's something wrong with the Meldeburne location in Grantebridgescire because it seems it's the only place where my game crashes.

What do you make of this? 🤔

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @BennyMartins!

We're aware of an issue wherein players are experiencing crashes during the Meldeburne raid specifically, so it looks like you're encountering this issue in-game. The development team are currently investigating the issue further. In the meantime, players have found that by lowering their graphics settings when attempting this specific raid has allowed them to complete it. I'm sorry to hear that when you tried this in your own game, the issue persisted. Thanks for giving this a go for us!

I would recommend following the Megathread I've linked above for any further news and updates from the development team regarding the investigation into Meldeburne, as we'll be updating that Megathread once they reach out to us with any more information.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics

Community Details

Users
Topics